RaiderIO should be banned

I find more trust is needed in a pure pug than joining a guild.

1 Like

We should literally bury the raider io. Delete it from the game. Then make print outs of the actual code. Then put the papers into a casket. Then literally bury it.

2 Likes

But this is why blizz gave you communities so you can join a raid one or leave the guild and make a one for the people in the current guild. You don’t have to pug any more the options are available

Good news. You don’t have to join them. Join one of the others or make your own.
Crisis averted you’re welcome.

Have they actually said that or aeebyoubassuningvtheirvreasining after they leave. I don’t think I have ever left a pug because it won’t give io. When I leave it’s because I would rather listen to Rebecca black singing Friday on repeat while having my wisdom teeth removed than spend more time in the group. (I may have exaggerated slightly)

Na it’s a good resource. You don’t have to use it if you don’t want to. Plenty of other options out there.

Well on the other hand I feel like I should collect and give out any possible information that would allow the masses to farm the raider IO system just to mess with raider io.

1 Like

that isnt how it works

There are ways around many things in life. The more complicated the more amusing.

And there are many people that think things work one way, but they don’t.

But by all means. Try to influence the data that raiderIO uses, which comes directly from Blizzard.

This would mean that you’d have to “hack” Blizzard to change their data.

1 Like

You already see many people who have high io scores but are completely lost when it comes to how the game works. Seems like you are half way there.

1 Like

Completely irrelevant. The raiderIO score shows experience. Its not a way to judge skill. Never has been. Never claimed to be.

It gives you a better chance at finding a person experienced in the content. That doesn’t change because the occasional goofball got carried.

2 Likes

Then how do you work out how people are being harassed with their raider io score and just generally hate the app?

2 Likes

You want mass people to provide raider io with infomation? Aka get lots of people doing keys?
I’m confused as to what your actually wanting to achieve here.

Most people that hate the app genuinely don’t understand how it works.

See : Your own comments

4 Likes

Only bad players complain about RaiderIO.

5 Likes

I work it out like this. No one is being harassed with their score.
I’ll hold that belief until someone shows me evidence.

There that was easy.

it’s basicly rio. It gives a score to the dungeon you’ve run like RIO. The only difference is rio made an addon that can link to you character

Again no one EVER has said rio is about skill. It’s about experience and having an educated guess on who hopefully is reliable

1 Like

Raider io isn’t the problem. The information is supplied by Blizzard themselves. The site is only parsing the information in a more usable way. You can’t expect blizzard to “fix” a problem that players themselves have created for over a decade.

There is always going to be a way to measure the capabilities of a player. The only way I could see a change happen is if they were to add m+ keys to a dungeon finder that automates the process. Of course it would use a similar system to make sure you can’t queue for something that’s above your skill level.

Do you think teaching people about it might improve its popularity or are you just saying that as a general defense?

2 Likes

I dunno man. I had a priest healer last night who didn’t even know what prayer of mending is. He spend more time spamming flash heal and wonder why he was running out of mana

To be fair he’s not wrong. The concept for it is very easy to understand and this is coming from some one who hasn’t ever used it.

1 Like