RaiderIO should be banned

People place too much faith in raiderio. You also need to know what raiderio is NOT measuring. There’s no way to know if the person is going to bail at the first wipe. There’s no way to know if they died on every single boss fight and the rest of the group carried them to completion. It doesn’t tell you how much of a jackass the person is in group chat. All of these things are going to affect your enjoyment of the run. It is an imperfect measurement of player skill. But it is more information than nothing at all.

A far, far better indication of run success in my experience is having completed Gold or better on the proving grounds as a prerequisite. I wish they’d update it for the new expansions; although people skilled enough to have done it in prior expansions are still capable of doing today’s content.

I don’t understand the hate for raiderIO or gearscore or any past incarnation of attempts to measure player experience. ALL these do is give you a simplified summary of a complete stranger’s history. How people CHOOSE to interpret said info has nothing to do with the tools themselves. You not being able to get into that +13 because you haven’t completed anything above a +10 isn’t because of RIO, it’s because the guy running the key deemed your experience insufficient.

On that note, and I cannot stress this enough, it is mental to expect progression from pugs. Of course there are genuine good players pugging, but the reality from the dawn of WoW is that they are hopelessly outnumbered by (and if this is you it’s perfectly okay) people who just aren’t very good at the game. This is why pugs overcompensate. Why you see demands of 460 ilvl for heroic raids when people were clearing it with sub 430. Why you need a 15 timed clear to get into a 13.

because people want to be invited just because they queue up to a group. They only see black or white on why they got decline. Also they rather blame a website/addon rather than accept their own incompetence

2 Likes

Sure, but I don’t think anyone is arguing otherwise. I mean, is me inspecting your gear and looking at your achievements better? Relative to what we have, it’s the best measure. It’s farm from perfect, but this is true of pretty much any information you can get. Even you tracked kicks or deaths, it’s never the full picture.

Say they got rid of every 3rd party website and stopped showing keys youve ran on armory. They’ll just make you link current season KSM anyways just like needing aotc for pug raids. Literally nothing changes.

1 Like

This is a hard concept for people to understand.

Get rid of achievements please. I’m tired of not getting into raids because I don’t have the achievement and they ask for the achievement.

It doesn’t matter that I only play M+. Today, I feel like I want to raid, and since I don’t have the achievement, Blizz needs to get rid of achievements.

#MyKeyMyChoice

1 Like

I have a ret paladin friend who has a job that affords him with tons of free time and the ability play throughout the optimal hours of the day so he’s managed to get a high io score AND like 470+ gear. It’s extremely tacky but I like to give him party lead when we make a group for a 7/8/9 key or just advertise that he’s in the group. :stuck_out_tongue:

So if someone wasn’t playing wow back when proving grounds were a thing you won’t invite them? Seems like a good way to shrink your player base to pick from.

I do wish they would reinvent and have proving grounds again though.

Maybe if RaiderIO counted the times you were the first person to leave a Mythic+ in progress it would lower the people bailing.

1 Like

Proving grounds challenge was flat out impossible or highly difficult by some specs by design. Say a person playing warlock, not having a interupt for the interupt challenge. Or people complaining about the “You’re doing it wrong” achievement to get gold dps being easier with their tank spec or vice aversa than the intended spec. Etc.

It mostly just tested pre determined ideas, and while it was a good idea, had a tendency to get power creeped, teach old or outdated mechanics, and/or do nothing for dungeon routing or pathing. Plus it was pretty inorganic, didn’t occur through natural gameplay, and was a chore on each alt. M+ is pretty natural and organic. If anything maybe raider io could or should do something to remove the stigma or say, instead of doing overtimed have both a best completed and best timed chart with completion score instead if they wanted. Hate to say it but raider io could probably do more if on their end to the leaver or completer mentality for people grinding escore. People could leave, but maybe they could do a brownie point system for completed overtimes or abandoned 4 party member runs where they left.

RaiderIO pulls their information from WoWArmory.

Does WoWArmory track people leaving dungeon groups early?

How would that get tracked?

So did noob blocker.

Always a classic.

1 Like

Honestly most of the people I have talked to about io on here that don’t like it don’t understand it.

I agree I would be nice if there was more but like the guy below said Idk if that info is attainable atm the way they get completion info so Idk if they can do more. I know they met with blizzard at blizzcon so hopefully that was productive for whatever they wanted to work on.

FFXIV bans folk using any kind of meter as it’s against the TOS and discouraging to social elements/segregating to players’.
You can make the argument that it’s necessary but other competitive games have proven quite well it’s more poison than power.

I personally quit at the end of Wrath because it felt like the game was heading sour with Gearscore and unfortunately not much has changed it appears since I’ve returned, except a drastically lowered player-base. :woman_shrugging:

I use it. But because I feel I have to. I understand why people need it. Mythics are already time consuming. Throw in novice players, and it would take eons to complete them. That being said, I am still very uncomfortable with third party websites creating score systems on its own to determine whether someone should or shouldn’t participate in an entire subgenre of the game.

I’m close to 480, I’ve had experience doing mythic Nya, and I’ve run each and every mythic dungeon there is dozens of times, and can teach the mechanics of each. Yet a score made by an entirely different website makes it nearly impossible for me to join anything higher than a 10 because I chose not to participate in Raider IO until recently. Not to mention I’ve completed numerous +15’s but if they don’t time, it doesn’t count? It certainly has its draw backs.

agreed get this sht out of here

1 Like

so ur gonna stalk him in every way possible?

They don’t ban people for using it to check other players damage dude and they only ban if you harass players about it on forums or whispers.