Raider IO is toxic

resets counter, eyes it

A few more of these, and it might break fully…

Be careful please, hard hats only for the next few threads while i get some goblins in there to fix it up

1 Like

That’s actually the whole point of raider.io.

1 Like

Last I checked, an addon didn’t have that kind of power. Players can play with whoever they want. If more experienced players want to play with other more experienced players they can. If they want to teach less experienced players, they can also do that. If what you’re after is forcing more experienced players to run with people they dont want to run with, I have bad news for you.

1 Like

I think that they did a good job with the add-on, so I respectfully disagree. I like that I can get something (more points) even when I don’t get any piece of gear.

I whole-heartedly agree with your statement against paid carries, however. I don’t know why people in their right mind would pay to skip the game.

I’m not against the people who sell carries, although it would be great if they didn’t, but I’m really against people buying them. Now I’m 3/12 M (not that fancy, I know but I love it), and it was so much fun to earn it with my awesome friends!

Edit: Before you say, but I’m not in a guild, how do you get into PuGs without having done it already? I hear you and I agree that it sucks. I got AotC through a PuG and it took one pull (and 40 pulls with different PuGs lol) But the good news is that there are a lot of great non-guild communities out there! Look for the communities tab in-game. Hope this helps!

RaiderIO does no such thing. It literally just applies a number based on an algorithm to a player. This is not toxicity, just an easily identifiable metric.

A player not wanting to group with you is not toxic. Players choosing not to invite you is not toxicity. It is them selecting the players they think will help them complete a dungeon. Even if they use a metric such as raiderIO that is not toxicity.

Demanding that players not be allowed to log into a game because they use an add on that takes public armory data, quantifies it, then places it in the games ui, is toxicity.

I just started mythic raiding this season. There were plenty of groups that declined me, so instead I made my own groups to climb. Now I can generally get into groups. I was unskilled and inexperienced with Mythics+ at first, but now I’m doing fine. Everyone else will be too.

This sounds like you just want high io players to carry people who won’t pay instead of those who will

Lawl. 100% incorrect. The vast majority of key pushers have had extraordinary success with it.

I love what you said, I would like to add (to everyone that says this, not just you) that a PuG is Pick-up group, and so saying “PuG group” is redundant (Pick-up group group). I know, English is so weird haha! Like PIN number, or ATM machine.

Thanks for the reply. I thought it would be strange if I just said pug by itself. But by your logic, I realize saying pug group is even more strange haha. I thought it would be more understandable for the reader.

1 Like

Totally, I said it for the entirety of WoD because it sounds right and then my sister told me and it was so funny to learn about it! I just thought that a pug was a type of group.

No, obvously the people at 4k IO or whatever nonsense started at 3.5k and climbed from there. They started 8.0 with a +20 key already in their bags and never once had to do lower keys and move up.

You forgot to put /s after your post :blush:

Someone’s mad noone accepts them into their 15s. Talk about entitlement.

1 Like

I wonder how many of these threads exist

Raider IO is only seemingly toxic to those who don’t truly understand it

Players who are willing to grind their way up the ladder will find Raider IO is quite useful

If one is having trouble getting into 15s then the next move would be to time 14 runs of each dungeon, etc

1 Like

Somewhere between a carp (the fish get your mind out of the gutter) load and a shed ton.

1 Like

I think OP means Raider IO induces toxicity. Raider IO is about as inherently toxic as a crowbar is inherently grand theft auto.

2 Likes

As a player with raider io of over 4700, I declare your OP complete BS and declare raider io non toxic and very beneficial to the mythic plus community.

Yes except I have used a crow bar and never been tempted to steal a car. I would word it “Raider IO has the option of being used in toxic ways”

This is no more “toxic” (whatever that word actually means) than a characters name because I have declined people for having names I didn’t like too.

Anyone is free to hang out with friends that do not carry crowbars, too.

1 Like

The program itself is not toxic, It’s just the perfect machine to draw in, collect and amplify the power of toxic personalities.

Raider IO isn’t about Skills. It’s just a WoW Progression Resumé. Lots of noobs with high IO.