Raid Tuning Coming July 5

Only 419 guild had full clear Mythic Sepulcher so far and that is terrible.

What? That fight is a joke when your geared and keep each boss at % and callout “Focus X”.

Like the name, btw.

I think they honestly should have a done a cross the board HP nerf. The common wisdom was that DF was a 2023 release. A lot of guilds set up for a marathon and not a sprint and the Aug 2 thing burned a lot of folks.

Don’t want to give toxic players, the hole of “well boss X is easy get gud bro” lol. The statistics pretty much prove if they wanted a 5 month raid tier (one where most guilds spent the first 1-2 getting set bonuses), they overtuned the crap out this one.

4 Likes

With what time? DF is 5 months out, S4 timing is tight already.

They should cut S4 short, not S3.

7 Likes

Need M+ raiding so the 10k people that can only get off from 1000 pull kills can play, and other people can play. What is the great need to shove everyone in these tiny boxes?

I think it’s cool when lots of people are participating and achieving their goals.

You obviously haven’t been around GD much, kekw.

I think the issue is that they were attempting to start the raid at maximum difficulty for world first raiders, to stretch that out as long as possible, while figuring they could continuously retune the raid to control how fast it was being completed at all difficulties.

I’d say the experiment was a failure.

5 Likes

We still need more time for this raid. Season4 for raiding is going to be a mess for guilds raiding 2 days a week, we won’t be able to get anything relevant done and will see no point in putting in the effort.

As it stands even with the current nerfs, we will likely get Anduin and probably stop since there is no way in 4 weeks to get the last 3 with the amount of hours we play.

This raid is still harder than SoD, with one more boss, and is going to last 5 weeks less (I think ? if my math is correct)

Extend CE (And aotc for heroic guilds) for another month.

5 Likes

Perhaps the issue is that people don’t want bosses that you can knock over, they want the appropriate amount of time needed to properly progress through the fights.

3 Likes

It wasn’t an experiment, that’s how they always operate. They make the raid hard, and they nerf, either with hard nerfs or soft nerfs, the content so more people can do it.

The only “failure” is that they thought there was going to be a content drought at the end of the expansion and then there wasn’t because they were able to speed-up production of DF. They don’t want to throw out the work they planned to remedy the count drought, so timeline is a bit scuffed.

If DF was still scheduled for March 2023, then would be more sensible with having a S4 in the mix.

1 Like

I sure don’t seen the point.

That it? This is like the 4th wave of MASSIVE nerfs to several bosses on multiple difficulties. And we’re 5 month into this tier. It’s insane that this level of tuning is happening this late. It should be left alone at this stage. Either people can do it with more or less BiS (to them) gear, or they can’t. And that’s fine.

Well unfortunately, that was not going to happen.

1 Like

Terrible timing.
So disappointed, Blizzard; you can do better.

We’re raiding 6 hours a week, there’s just no way we’ll be able to get to any end boss in a reasonable amount of time besides extending, and then fated raids rotate every week so any momentum you’d have on a boss is dead the week after.

It could very easily happen. They could push the season back a month. They could take raiding out of the season for a month. They could do their jobs properly. So many things they could do if they actually cared about their game and the customers who play the game.

1 Like

Not really.

The event really needs to last a full 12 week rotation to make sense for M+. Two weeks of pre-patch after that, and then the expansion. You delay a month, you’re releasing Dragonflight when the guys are on Christmas break and that’s not going to happen. Christmas Break > tail-end of Mythic Raiders whining about how they’re given their CE.

They weren’t going to do that though, that’s what I meant.

1 Like