Raid or die has officially returned, and I choose death

raiding in vanilla was very easy - people were just very new to it, so they didn’t execute it well.

this is proven by the fact that every pug full cleared nax in classic in 2019… in classic, guilds were ranked by how fast they could clear nax because every single guild on every single server cleared nax 40: it was just a matter of how fast you could clear it.

same with BT/Hyjal. Same with Sunwell.

same with Nax 10/25 and ulduar hardmodes and heroic lich king 25 dying the same day the raid was released in classic.

This seems unrelated to the original topic of harder content giving better rewards.

I’m a fan of mythic+, but considering subs have basically been down even with it I don’t know if it’s a real “savior” or not. Maybe they would have dropped more? It’s hard to say.

no, the whole game was focused on hardcore raiding, developers were twitting about it,
dude, its weak attempt

15 years of theorycrafting later with a large dedicated fan base pulling incredibly world buff coordination every 8 hours isn’t nearly the same as actually playing it through the first time.

Using classic as an example of how it was more proves people weren’t there to experience it first hand. It’s like modern athletes looking at footage of older times playing a game and saying everyone was just bad back then.

It was also advertised as a hardcore endgame scene. No one ever said anything other wise. Like you said, the devs twitting* about it. Once again though, not THE reason it failed. No game has ever failed due to one part of it as a whole. Name an example… please…

Get off your high horse, quit trying to push games to cater to your playstyle and move on.

1 Like

we know more people played when raiding was loot pinata

1 Like

as i said above:

raiding was new, so people were bad at it - doesn’t mean that raiding was hard.

i mean, death’s demise was cleared on Faerlina Horde same day ulduar was released in classic Wotlk.

If mythic Tomb of Sargaras was reopened today how long do you think it would take Echo to clear it?

Would they need 3 weeks and 600+ pulls like they originally did?

1 Like

however long it took them to level characters and put some gear on them plus one hour.

So you’re saying it was any easy raid then?

yeah, raiding isn’t very hard. i mean echo clears every new raid tier in under a few days.

that includes gearing the characters and learning the fights too.

1 Like

Errrr. Sepulcher and Amirdrassil took 3 weeks, with a single boss being over a third of it.

2 Likes

that’s because blizzard went out of their way to make those last bosses excessively overtuned and terrible to drag on the race to world first for free publicity.

i mean, blizzard has just been becoming more and more obnoxious with their raid designs: look at the way they made the smolderon orb some type of private aura to combat weak auras - blizzard makes raids now to be obnoxious, not challenging per se.

even team liquid quit sepulcher right, because it was going past christmas? not really sure, i wasn’t playing during shadowlands, only what i remember someone telling me.

even when i do play the game, i never really watch the RWF for two reasons:

1. im not interested in raiding, so i don’t care.
  2. i wouldn’t want to give blizzard the idea that raiding is a popular game mode by giving RWF any further views
1 Like

Even besides that most raids don’t end the reset they come out. Aberrus was the outlier.

8-9 day progress is pretty standard and has been since at least legion. Sepulcher and Amirdrassil were outliers yes but it’s still far from a few days.

how much of that time involves Echo actually playing the mythic fights, though?

most of the RWF time is spent with Echo and Liquid paying their viewers gold for loot traders in heroic raids.

the actual time spent inside of the mythic raid instance is under a reset, usually.

Given heroic week isn’t counted in this and heroic week was when most of this stuff happens?

It’s probably best for the people that work the hardest for pushing harder content. They should be rewarded with better gear and especially to help push them through the next patch of content. Like it makes a whole ton of sense.

some, not all… actual time spent in the mythic instance is just a few days.

the rest is just echo and liquid p2w with gold to their viewers/community to get gear quicker.

which is another reason the RWF doesn’t interest me: it is largely decided by which guild has the most amount of gold and the largest community to trade loot.

That’s certainly an opinion.

which statement? that the RWF is just p2w?

do echo and liquid not use gold to pay their viewers to become loot traders in heroic/normal raids?