Raid loot no longer personal loot?

yeah it’s a garbage system.

you mean you don’t want to watch somebody that has the item that you rolled on equipped win it with a need roll and then disenchant it?

also this system doesn’t have bad luck protection like personal loot did.

but it’s all on purpose.
do you know you can buy tokens for real life money and turn them into crafted gear!

this is definitely a super great system…

3 Likes

LFR players aren’t really trying to get higher level gear. We want to experience the content (for story / easy mode version) and be rewarded for it. The loot SHOULD be less powerful than normal / heroic / mythic gear, but we should be able to obtain it.

300ilvl gear is well above what most casual players strive for, but if the goal is to try to get people to progress and get into more difficult raiding, then the current system that leads to people NOT getting ANY gear for entire weeks is not accomplishing that. There is nothing more discouraging to players than spending hours of their time, struggling with the LFR players, and getting NOTHING in return.

On my other more geared toons, I can confirm that this is incorrect. My warrior is 387 and the WQ gear is showing 363, 356, 363, and 369 right now. I’ve seen a few 372 pieces, but nothing on par with RF gear level or my current iLevel.

Hah! I forgot DEing!

Yeah, WoW has definitely hopped on the pay-to-win train over the past several years.

This 100%

1 Like

Nobody has used the ‘greed’ system in random groups for ‘other reasons’ since late BC, and that was still with the old ‘closed’ group systems within your own cluster. People would roll need on greens and boes all the time just for vendor or auction value. People would roll need on non-upgrades and gear they couldn’t use (because there was a time that armor type didn’t matter, the honor system, not referencing pvp here, was what Blizz banked on) all the time. The fact that players are still using the same methods only exist because players stopped ‘punishing’ others for this behaviour in the past… roll need on a green or boe blue used to be immediate removal from the group and blacklisted, sometimes server-wide… then it turned into “relax it’s just a boe” which just encouraged “need” as the default roll no matter what dropped. If Blizz added unvendorable greys to the Need/Greed system, I can assure you that half the group would roll need immediately without even looking to see what the item is.

The difference between Need/Greed and Personal loot though is purely optics. You say that you had a better chance but it’s still pure RNG. On personal loot, the ‘system’ is rolling against you, while on Need/Greed, it’s other players you can direct your anger towards because they have better gear or didn’t need it, or traded it to a buddy, etc

1 Like

This is completely inaccurate…you also would be eligible for guaranteed gear through the weekly vault even if you didn’t win anything during the raid.

You’re not guaranteed ANY loot with the personal loot system. The only difference with PL and group is with group you actually see the rolls and with PL it’s behind the scenes. That’s what’s not clicking with some of you.

PL has you rolling against the game itself, you winning has no impact on others winning. GL pits you against other players.

1 Like

Only way to beat this – Grab your friends, grab your guildmates:

1. Have your friends/guildies hop on a character with a similar armor class.
  2. Have your friends/guildies set their loot spec to whatever you intend to main or roll as.
  3. Need roll on everything and have your friends/guildies do the same.
  4. Have your friends/guildies pass you their winning rolls.
  5. ???
  6. Profit

Stomp out individuals rolling for themselves and make group loot work for you by having your friends/guildies effectively provide you multiple rolls on each item in comparison to everyone elses 1 roll.

Yup, let me get one piece of gear a week for doing several of the bosses.

Though you’re not guaranteed any loot with PL, the percentages of getting any loot (for your specific spec) severely outweigh the RNG of party loot POSSIBLY dropping a piece for your class, and THEN having to roll for it. I don’t see how its that complicated that personal loot has higher chance of giving you loot over party loot.

Don’t have the time to organize groups like that anymore with my job. Either I’m on and have a bit of time to join a raid que, or not on at all. #WaySheGoes

Sorry you didn’t get all the loot over them.

Until you win the item, it is not yours. It is an unassigned item that no one in the raid has any more right to call theirs than anybody else.

The two follow up responses to this post is why it’s beneficial to game group loot for yourself. Even if you have no friends to run with, whisper people in your LFR queue to create a cabal of similar armor class randos to roll for you and you for them.

Blizzard created an environment in which exploiters can reap maximum gain. Get yours by any means available.

This “exploit” would work exactly as well under PL.

I too had my friends join my pug runs during personal loot to somehow roll for me against the CPU the moment the boss was looted.

Then they would also get gear with PL.

My biggest gripe is it puts random on top of random, rather than PL which was one random. Now you have random item chance drop and roll vs everyone else.

I think the current system is more attractive to gambling, since now you get to roll on items and get whatever high gamblers get from it.

It’s how PL worked under the hood. Players were rolling for loot under PL, but it didn’t show you the rolls, only who the winners were.

This assumes that absolutely everyone is rolling need on absolutely everything every single time recreating the personal loot system in practicality, but this is not what occurs.

If you stack your armor class or spec and just 1 person rolls greed or passes you have superior odds that PL doesn’t allow for.

Sure, the piece may go to the person who passed, leaving it up to a roll, and recreating this scenario, but I personally have hardly seen an argument made that the way PL distributes loot is unfair.

Everyone had an equal chance for a given armor class/spec whether they liked it or not.

The difference now is it feels way more unrewarding. Perception is everything no matter what Blizzard apologist say.

3 Likes

they can win that item with personal loot too. why do you draw this magical distinction.

but it wasn’t