Why do people hate group loot?

Well, getting three bow drops with only two Hunters in the group multiple times now is awful feeling. There’s also the issue of getting three of the same tank trinket, and of course the three warglaives for our single Demon Hunter. Not to mention it makes loot distribution take longer since my group is running with a makeshift Master Loot situation of having everything go to one person to distribute, though that’s more personal issues.

Group loot is easily the worst version of the loot system we’ve had in the past three expansions, and I sincerely hope they at least give us a choice to not use it because I’m getting sick and tired of not getting gear because we’re getting repeats of items and too many of one item for number of people in the group, or because nothing drops that I can use.

Edit to add: it removes any and all incentive to run LFR for transmog, especially with the roll restrictions, that it takes away a difficulty of the raid I sometimes enjoyed doing.

Right. The same amount of loot drops, and it’s determined by how many people are in the raid. So it’s not possible that everyone is getting less loot. Every season either with PL or with NGP loot - there were some people who got a lot, and some people who didn’t get a lot based on luck.

But the lizardy parts of our brains responsible for rewards and pattern recognition make us feel like that if something changed AND I’m getting less rewards – then the change made me get less (instead of just luck).

2 Likes

This

Feels like it works the same you just have to hit a roll button now.

However, I do feel all auto group related content should be personal loot. I just think it’s less drama.

1 Like

I have killed 45 bosses in raid since its release now and have not won a single roll on an item from raid. This is why I hate group loot.

You’re wearing more raid gear than you could have gotten from M+, but keep on with the lying to prove your point.

2 Likes

The only solution is a degenerate one: Gather all your friends with mains or alts of a similar armor class, have them set their loot spec to your role prior to joining the raid, roll need on everything you can and have them roll need too and pass their winning rolls to you.

Congrats, you’ve cheesed group loot. Try not to drown in your own loot.

Please count all of the raid gear I have. I got my ring from the weekly, look at all of my tier. Its all upgradable except 1 piece. That one piece came because I bought it off the guy who won to get my 4 piece.

thats the same as personal loot though, a person with full mythic gear could always win in LFR

1 Like

the wow community in a nut shell. we hate everything we currently have but if any changes are made we hate that as well and want to go back

For me, I have a couple complaints. It feels like the loot does not get weighted to our composition. For example, we have had two shield drops when only one character in our raid can use shields. Secondly, I feel like it adds drama and makes loot annoying. My guild has been assigning loot in some cases and I would find the process less stressful if it just handed out the gear instead of having people argue over it.

Or you know…have a better loot system in place that actually rewards effort.

Im right there with you, I just wanted to illustrate how easy it is to abuse in pugs that shouldn’t have it.

Im done raiding in DF as long as this system remains, im only doing M+

1 Like

I was just saying the same thing last night in raid :confused: I just don’t see the point. I’ll probably grab AotC and call it good.

Basic human psychology. If you tell people they lost a roll to someone else they hate it. If you don’t tell them and just don’t give them any gear they’re less bitter.

1 Like

:point_up_2:

My personal problem is that loot will drop for classes not even in the group.

you may be getting more loot, but other people are getting less

because the current group loot system is exactly the same as personal loot except worse because people can roll on things that are not upgrades just because they are different. For instance, i have a crafted 405 mh on my warlock and it lets me roll on a 398 mainhand. I have tier in slots at a higher level and it lets me roll on lower ilvl gear. you also keep refilling the raids each week with people that still need loot from the boss so you are almost always rolling against everyone that is eligible to roll on a piece and have to not only get the rng to have a piece you can use drop, but then the rng to win the roll against a never decreasing list of people. i would much rather take my 1 piece every two weeks than to go 4 weeks without ever winning a roll.

ok thats pretty rough

My reasons, from most important to me to least.

• Because it breeds toxicity in an already stressful and toxic game. Seeing someone get an item by pure RNG is one thing, But knowing the clicked need despite you needing it and them being super geared just breeds animosity.

• People win doubles.

• I am kind of sick of people telling me how my opinions and feelings on a matter are wrong because of some arbitrary statistic.

• People telling others that the two loot systems are the same since the outcome is the same…but in the same breath claim GL is better… If one is better or worse, they are not the same.

• When folks claimed that others where winning doubles, or gear they outgeared, people called them liars since Blizz said it wasn’t possible. Now Blizz said they need to work on the system because it is in fact possible and happening.

• Blizz spending dev time fixing GL when PL was fine already. Seems like they broke a window to have an excuse to fix it.

• Adds to the “LFR peasant” drama. Folks come into LFR and do whatever to disrupt enjoyment because it doesn’t matter to them. This includes needing on everything. But do that in a Normal+ and those same folks will rage at you like you smacked their mom.