Raid Exploiting

Say you’re in a Mythic raid - Jaina boss in BoD.

You kick someone for failing mechanics and wiping the raid. They won’t leave the instance and keep pulling the boss to prevent themselves from being removed from the instance by the system.

Is that considered exploiting?

2 Likes

While I would not endorse such actions, and would definitely put them on ignore…

…if they are saved to that Raid ID, then they have as much right to be there as anyone else. They don’t need to keep pulling, as the system won’t remove them from the instance. Because again, they are saved to that Raid ID.

Then the person somehow gets everyone ported to WoD……

That’s not true. Now we all got teleported to WoD. And when we went back - we got ported out again. Thena GM messaged us said we were griefing, even though THEY were the ones pulling the boss constantly .

2 Likes

As Melaesia said though, if they have the Raid ID they are able to get there as much as anyone else. Though the behavior is certainly questionable and if they are pulling the boss onto the group, that may be something we’d get involved in.

Though technically, they usually need to be in a raid group still in order to remain in the instance.

I want to question the verity of this. If this situation just happened, they would need to put in a ticket about the action, then wait several hours, up to maybe even a day, to get a response/reaction.

Perhaps it was a friend of theirs impersonating a GM? If the message didn’t pop up in its own chat box, in blue text, with the Blizzard logo next to their name, it was fake.

4 Likes

In addition to what Ekon said, a GM generally doesn’t monitor what one raid group is doing in real time. The more likely scenario is that the other person grabbed a few friends, and they are still in the instance.

But taking this at face value, if a GM is contacting you to tell you that, then they have access to everything that has happened. It would be a warning to knock off whatever actions you are taking against the other player.

3 Likes

Without having details of the situation it is hard to say what happened, Thorhammer. Unfortunately, we don’t have video with those details.

Ok so if I now have that Raid ID - then why is a GM asking me to stay out of the raid.

And they were pulling the boss on the raid - it’s Jaina; there isn’t much else to go.

They also kept casting lust early to prevent our raid from attacking her and the burn the CD. They were also running on top of everyone when they would get the avalanche debuff.

If it is an actual Blizzard GM telling you to stay out, then there’s likely much more context included that you are not telling us.

This is probably a good reason why you may be told to stay away.

2 Likes

Aren’t you able to look at the combat logs on the raid ID?

Also - we submitted reports and tickets hours ago when they first started.

Please be careful what you ask for. It sometimes does not end well as they can see everything via logs

I get a sneaking suspicion there is much more to this story than we have been told here.

3 Likes

I can, but that is a lot more complicated than you may think. It is thousands of lines of information generated from each person in the raid. It also doesn’t provide certain details like, who may have done what damage to the mob or who pulled it. So really, it doesn’t help.

I’m not a Game Master, nor is this my case. That said, if I look strictly at some of the data, it looks like they were saved to the instance a couple of days ago and you and, I think a couple of folks with you, were saved only recently. If we’re looking at who may have more rights to something, it isn’t entirely clear. Also, if I understand correctly it looks like they have the majority of players in the instance for the encounter.

It isn’t a great situation, Thorhammer, I totally get that, but we can only go off of the information and policies we have. If the Game Master decided they have more right to the instance and you should leave, it is best to obey that request.

7 Likes

Thanks for the feedback -

They did have the majority of players…hours after we reported them and submitted tickets.

A few of us were waiting until they left so we could finish. Then when a GM finally answers the ticket - they have more players and removed us.

They also wouldn’t reset our Raid ID so that we could at least form our own group. So now we have to rely on them not being able to clear the boss and try at a later time once they’re out of the instance.

It just sucks that they used an exploit to prevent from being teleported out of the instance for HOURS - and then they’re the ones that stay when we did what we could to be patient, wait for them to leave, and report them in the meantime.

1 Like

No, GM’s are hands off with Raid ID’s.

It’s not an exploit. As has been stated, they have every right to that Raid ID. In fact, as Vrak alluded to here:

It seems that you were invited to a Raid ID they had first. First come, first serve generally isn’t how these disputes are settled, but in a case where there is a major issue like this, that could be the deciding factor.

3 Likes

If you’re not in the raid group - even if you have the raid ID; the timer to get teleported out of the instance pops up. If you pull the boss - that resets the timer.

The system is set to remove the player not in the raid group - even if they have the raid ID. You can test it for yourself.

Working to prevent the system from functioning as intended is where the exploitation comes into play.

1 Like

That isn’t an exploit, the dev put this in due to folks trying to remove others shortly before a boss dies to give the loot to their friends.

3 Likes

I’ve never ran into this problem before. Not trying to sound callous, but I’d just left and reformed another raid group since they obviously didn’t work as a team and just go back to Jaina.

I know it’s a pain and toxic behavior is rampant unless in a tight knit guild.

Create your own blacklist? Remember to keep them out of your groups

2 Likes

You can’t. They are all locked to the raid ID. So if I wanted to, and I was attached to an ID, I could get 19 other friends and clear the raid while they were not there. And there is nothing they could do. Or we could just chill in the raid instance and none of them could zone in.

Mythic works a little different than the others.

2 Likes

I think you need to provide a source for this.

Also - that doesn’t apply anymore since master loot is no longer a thing.

If you tag a boss - even if you get removed from the group; and then teleported out the way it’s supposed to work, once the boss dies - any loot you’re entitled to will get mailed to you.

Well, this change has been so long ago that all the discussion was likely on the old forums. It’s just general knowledge at this point.

Master Looter is still a thing. But that’s not what this is about.

In the distant past, there was a problem with Raid Leaders who would kick players (generally of their own class, but sometimes, non-guildies) as the boss was approaching 10% or 5%. They would get the kill, but because the player kicked wasn’t in the group, they wouldn’t be eligible for loot.

I’m not sure this is ever how it worked. Again, being removed from a group while in combat is not possible, and this has been in place for a while. I believe this change predates the Postmaster feature mailing you loot you didn’t pick up.

Regardless, Vrak has shed a little bit of illumination into this issue. This point is still the key:

Either way, Blizzard does not reset Raid ID’s (I think you can understand how THAT could be exploited). They have as much right to be there as you do, and if they have the group inside the instance, then you’re not going to be able to access it.

Best to let this one go, and be more careful about who you group with on Tuesday.

3 Likes