Infinite boss pull raid grief

Yeah, the other people in this thread are acting ignorant to the real issue, or they don’t understand what you’re saying. I get it.

Someone was salty that they got kicked, and decided to continue pulling the boss over and over again to wipe the group. This whole, “raid ID” thing the other players are going about are wrong. You get a pop-up stating you’ll be kicked from the instance because you’re no longer with the group. They share the lockout, sure, but if they aren’t in your group they don’t belong in that instance.

Similar to what Diago said, the person is relogging to reset the 60 seconds on the kick dialogue. Report them. Have everyone in the raid report the person, especially if it went on for an hour. You can always start your own group too, OP. You didn’t lose anything. It’s scummy that they did this, but yeah, would be great to see it fixed.

yeah i was able to kill the bosses after 3 more hours of re-filling and fighting them for the instance lockout.

but thats 3 something hours of my (and like 10 other people who stuck around) reset day so we lost at least 30 man hours to this one person which just isnt right

which is why i made the thread, i know all i lost was time, but aint time all we got

thanks for the reply

We’re not the ignorant ones. You have links to the Blue posts. When someone is saved to a Raid ID, they have the same rights as everyone else.

Read the Blue posts, and stop sharing false information.

The raid id is wrong if you mean thats keeping them in the instance after getting kicked.

I did. And here’s what they said right here:

“They need to be in a raid group still in order to remain in the instance”
and
“If they are pulling the boss onto the group, that may be something we’d get involved in.”

Literally from a GM themself. I think you’re ignoring the fact that they’re bypassing a raid teleport by continuously relogging to reset the timer. The timer is supposed to kick them if theyre not in the raid group. It gives them 60 seconds to leave.

If someone is purposely resetting that time, just to pull the boss and continue wiping the group, as the GM said himself, that’s something they’d get involved in.

And the OP never said anything about pulling the boss onto the group. That still doesn’t negate their rights to the Raid ID.

You also conveniently missed these responses:

Also, this addendum:

You are wrong, as this is the current policy. Do you want it changed? Then you absolutely should leave a suggestion in the proper forum, or using the in-game tool.

Learn to read.

The quote you posted about:

Was made in regards to a player afking in the raid and not leaving. The player wasn’t pulling the boss, just afking and preventing someone from joining the group. The GM says if they were pulling the boss continuously, that is something they’d get involved with.

Again, learn to read. OP literally says that they were there pulling the boss over and over again for an hour.

Pulling the boss over and over again does not mean pulling the boss onto everyone else to cause them to die.

Irony…

And that is a player’s right when they are saved to the Raid ID. That’s the current policy and not a bug.

If you wish to see it changed, then post in the Dungeons and Raids Forum or use the in-game Suggestion tool.

Yes it does, because the OP literally said right here:

Why would people be dying? Because the boss was pulled by someone who kept pulling it over and over again.

I’ll just leave this here. If they’re pulling the boss onto the group, that’s something they’d get involved in.

1 Like

Yes, because training mobs onto people is a violation. That does not mean they will pull them out of a raid, nor does it mean that they give up their rights to the Raid ID.

This is the current policy. If you would like to see it changed, then add a suggestion to the Dungeons and Raids Forum, or use the in-game suggestion tool.

I’m sure they would pull them out. They’re pulling the mobs onto them.

Also, as the GM said himself, there’s a timer that’s supposed to kick them from the instance. If they’re bypassing the timer, pretty sure that’s an offense.

The timer is in place to give a warning that the player needs to take action. Generally, it’s there for someone who was mistakenly kicked, to give a buffer to the raid to get them re-invited.

Being in-combat is an action which removes that timer. Because as someone saved to the Raid ID, trying to progress in that dungeon is an acceptable action.

It is not. This is the current policy. If you would like to see it changed, you can add a suggestion to the Dungeons and Raids Forum, or use the in-game suggestion tool.

Being in combat doesn’t remove the timer. Being invited back is what removes the timer. You can test it yourself, being in combat will not stop the timer.

They’re resetting the timer by relogging. Its only supposed to last 60 seconds or until they’re invited back.

It’s there to prevent players who were kicked for a reason to staying in the group instance any longer. Sure, it’s a buffer too, I’ll agree to that. But its not there because, “someone was mistakenly kicked.”

The GM never mentioned anything about it though. I don’t think its, “the current policy.” If you told a GM that someone was bypassing the timer by relogging and continuously pulling the boss to kill people, they would agree that is an offense.

If it didn’t remove the timer, then there’s no issue, and the player would’ve been removed after 60 seconds.

It is not, because any player saved to that Raid ID has a right to be there.

It is the current policy.

They would not. Training a boss onto other players would be, but continually pulling to boss to not be removed from the instance is not.

This is the current policy. If you would like to see it changed in any way, please add a suggestion to the Dungeons and Raids Forum, or use the in-game suggestion tool.

It didn’t remove the timer because he relogged. Relogging resets the timer back to 60 seconds. The player normally would have been removed after 60 seconds, because that’s what is supposed to happen. But instead, he’s bypassing it by relogging.

Bypassing the timer by relogging is the current policy? Wanna show me where this is said?

Which is exactly what the dude was doing lol.

But he doesn’t give up his rights to be in the instance, because he is saved to the Raid ID.

This is the current policy. If you would like to see it changed in any way, please add a suggestion to the Dungeons and Raids Forum, or use the in-game suggestion tool.

Also, this was a different poster in this thread.

This was not the situation given by the original post above.

Irony…

The poster had no idea how they were staying inside the instance. This is the only way people can stay inside an instance when given the 60 sec kick timer. They’re either reinvited to get rid of it, or they relog to reset the timer.

Thats what this person was doing.

Edit: Also, if you don’t know, you can be punished for continuously resetting the 60 sec kick timer. It’s happened to a friend of mine lol.

These are not the only ways.

The OP made no mention of the other player relogging, which is something he would’ve seen happening. Relogging was something that another poster said, about their own experience.

If you would like to see a change, post in the Dungeons and Raids Forum, or use the in-game Suggestion tool.

Yes it is, because being in combat doesn’t reset the timer. The only thing that gets rid of timer or resets it is being invited back or by relogging.

If these aren’t the “only ways,” please explain what the other ways are. The OP didnt have to mention it, because they didn’t know how it was being done until we explained it.