Infinite boss pull raid grief

Lost my lockout this week to mythic because someone that got kicked for dying to mechanics decided they want to stay inside for literally almost an hour pulling the boss over and over again

if you enter you have the chance of getting teleported to the boss and dying, you can’t summon people or suggest people while in raid combat which is always except for like 15 second chunks

if ONE person wants to ruin 18 peoples day, they can.

please fix whatever bug is making this possible ASAP

not sure which forum to put this in so i did a couple

1 Like

There is no bug. If that player is saved to the raid ID, they have the same right to be there as you do.

obviously not, since it attempts to port you out of the instance after you’re kicked. why would that happen if you were supposed to be able to stay as you suggest??

Because you need to be in a raid group. If they are not in a group, the 60-second timer is there for someone to take action. Attempting to fight a boss is a perfectly acceptable action.

When someone is saved to the Raid ID, they have every right to continue the raid by themselves, or by grabbing friends if they wish.

This has always been the case with Raid IDs. Anyone saved to it has the right to continue.

Here are some blue replies to similar situations: Raid Exploiting - #2 by Melaesia-proudmoore and Raid Lockout Being Hijacked

The kicked player could create their own raid group and stay in if they wanted to, since they have the exact same raid ID you do.

having the exact same raid id has always been a thing, yet it has never beena thing until recently that you can avoid being teleported out. is this something blizzard mentioned in a patch note i missed as intended interaction?

Like do you guys realize how ridiculous it sounds that someone who’s kicked should be able to grief 19 other people because “they have the right to attempt the lockout”

If they have the right to try and beat us to killing the boss, then port them out so they can make their own group not hold us up.

you cant even enter a mythic raid with more than 20 people so both your logic doesn’t make any sense

Wat. Yes, it has. I distinctly remember posts where there was a raid group trying to get 20 members in, only to find that one of the members they had the previous raid night had started their own raid group and zoned in a few people of their own in an attempt to hijack the raid ID. They weren’t getting kicked out because they were also a raid leader.

Hell, for a while, this even could happen cross-faction, when faction changing used to not reset raid lockouts.

1 Like

You can call it ridiculous all you want. But it’s how the game works, and the rules we all have to follow. If the show was on the other foot, you wouldn’t be so happy that you can’t continue your raid because you made a mistake or two.

If you have a suggestion how Blizzard can do this in a fair manner, so that EVERYONE with the Raid ID can have a legitimate shot, then you’ll want to suggest it in the Dungeons and Raids forum, or by using the in-game Suggestion tool.

It’s not “our” logic. It’s the way Blizzard has coded their game. Next time, consider discussing the situation with the player before just expelling them. Be nice and teach them.

For what it’s worth, I’ve had this happen in Heroic too.

Heroic does not save you to an ID. So while that argument may work in Mythic raids, it does not apply to the system as a whole.

This happened to us on a Mythic Jaina night, some guy was kicked for low healing, he would logout to reset the kick timer / login to see if we all rez, and pull boss again to cause another wipe.

After a while we just decided to hold the boss for a good minute and finally the guy was kicked out since he cant log during combat I guess.

Still should be fixed.

1 Like

Yeah, the other people in this thread are acting ignorant to the real issue, or they don’t understand what you’re saying. I get it.

Someone was salty that they got kicked, and decided to continue pulling the boss over and over again to wipe the group. This whole, “raid ID” thing the other players are going about are wrong. You get a pop-up stating you’ll be kicked from the instance because you’re no longer with the group. They share the lockout, sure, but if they aren’t in your group they don’t belong in that instance.

Similar to what Diago said, the person is relogging to reset the 60 seconds on the kick dialogue. Report them. Have everyone in the raid report the person, especially if it went on for an hour. You can always start your own group too, OP. You didn’t lose anything. It’s scummy that they did this, but yeah, would be great to see it fixed.

yeah i was able to kill the bosses after 3 more hours of re-filling and fighting them for the instance lockout.

but thats 3 something hours of my (and like 10 other people who stuck around) reset day so we lost at least 30 man hours to this one person which just isnt right

which is why i made the thread, i know all i lost was time, but aint time all we got

thanks for the reply

We’re not the ignorant ones. You have links to the Blue posts. When someone is saved to a Raid ID, they have the same rights as everyone else.

Read the Blue posts, and stop sharing false information.

The raid id is wrong if you mean thats keeping them in the instance after getting kicked.

I did. And here’s what they said right here:

“They need to be in a raid group still in order to remain in the instance”
and
“If they are pulling the boss onto the group, that may be something we’d get involved in.”

Literally from a GM themself. I think you’re ignoring the fact that they’re bypassing a raid teleport by continuously relogging to reset the timer. The timer is supposed to kick them if theyre not in the raid group. It gives them 60 seconds to leave.

If someone is purposely resetting that time, just to pull the boss and continue wiping the group, as the GM said himself, that’s something they’d get involved in.

And the OP never said anything about pulling the boss onto the group. That still doesn’t negate their rights to the Raid ID.

You also conveniently missed these responses:

Also, this addendum:

You are wrong, as this is the current policy. Do you want it changed? Then you absolutely should leave a suggestion in the proper forum, or using the in-game tool.

Learn to read.

The quote you posted about:

Was made in regards to a player afking in the raid and not leaving. The player wasn’t pulling the boss, just afking and preventing someone from joining the group. The GM says if they were pulling the boss continuously, that is something they’d get involved with.

Again, learn to read. OP literally says that they were there pulling the boss over and over again for an hour.

Pulling the boss over and over again does not mean pulling the boss onto everyone else to cause them to die.

Irony…

And that is a player’s right when they are saved to the Raid ID. That’s the current policy and not a bug.

If you wish to see it changed, then post in the Dungeons and Raids Forum or use the in-game Suggestion tool.

Yes it does, because the OP literally said right here:

Why would people be dying? Because the boss was pulled by someone who kept pulling it over and over again.

I’ll just leave this here. If they’re pulling the boss onto the group, that’s something they’d get involved in.

1 Like

Yes, because training mobs onto people is a violation. That does not mean they will pull them out of a raid, nor does it mean that they give up their rights to the Raid ID.

This is the current policy. If you would like to see it changed, then add a suggestion to the Dungeons and Raids Forum, or use the in-game suggestion tool.