Raid cinematic is out

“never mind the genocide I feel bad I made this kid get mind controlled, oopsy daisy, I’m a good guy now because my good half was returned to me”

lol it’s literally every bad prediction come true

6 Likes

I meant about Illidan… and the fact that souls are still being unfairly condemned to the Maw going unaddressed. Why is no one trying to offer a solution to the “souls across the cosmos are all going to the Maw” problem? How about the Kyrians taking them to Bastion or Revendreth for storage until a better solution is found?

Look at it from the Army of the Light’s perspective; the Army of the Light Draenei have been Lightforged with the perks (eg; immortality) and no drawbacks (no mutations, they’re clearly haven’t lost their free will). They’ve spent generations (the Draenei of the Army of the Light reproduce… and the kids don’t come out Lightforged, it’s not hereditary) serving someone who helped save all their lives and take the fight to those who destroyed their home and families. Fast forward millennia, and they see this stranger using the same power as those who doomed their world. Their leader says he’s their champion. But he doesn’t want to give up his dark magic, the same dark magic they’ve been fighting for millennia and seen the worst of what it can do. Then their leader tries to take his dark magic and replace it with their power by force… but he kills her. How are they supposed to take that?

“Rejection of the Gift” is like watching intervention for a junkie, the junkie kills the people staging the intervention but we’re expected to root for the junkie.

1 Like

I have bad news for you. And before you try to tell me it won’t happen keep in mind the Night Elf Community has been calling this cinematic out for over a year now.

6 Likes

Stupid redemption > I was right all along

Which is especially hypocritical considering what happened with Derek Proudmoore, where she had no issues mind controlling him. Nope, it was Anduin who broke her.

26 Likes

How have they had her justify genocide yet?

She looks like the STUPIDEST character in existence rn

5 Likes

well, just wait till the later chapter of 9.1

Other than the Jailer looking somewhat drust-alike, and the portal being like the magic of the 1st ones (and him talking about the makers…)

you’re right it seems. Looks like the Arbiter completely desintegrates.

gl hf

Oh my God it’s as stupid as I thought it would be.

Who is writing this stupid nonsense? How in God’s name are you going to have Sylvanas massacre the Forsaken and Kaldorei, destroy their homes, and now - of course- she’s going to be a hero because her soul was restored and now she’s sorry you guys and is going to use Jailor Intel to thwart him.

Also- wow. Congrats Blizz on making the Jailor look even less interesting. It would’ve been a neat twist if he looked holy and angelic upon getting the hole in his heart fixed. But no he’s skeleton mc pointy bits, God of malcontent teenage boys.

I’m not even disappointed. This is exactly as silly as I thought it would be, and they delivered.

34 Likes

I would say if you weren’t kind of expecting it after the burning, you were probably predicting it since 8.1 when they said “Tyrande got her revenge for the night elves” that they were going to sweep it under the rug. The night warrior story being super irrelevant to the story just proves it was shoehorned in to “”“appease”"" night elf players, but it ended up just being nothing and added nothing and didn’t impact the story at all.

10 Likes

Don’t forget Sylvanas had no issues using the genocide to try and force a dying woman - Delaryn - to give up hope.

5 Likes

Warbringers: Slyvanas to this… this… umm… this cinematic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not even.

I was expecting opulent spooky death emperor

Like Lich King and God Emperor fused together

But no

Mawsworn Add #3

24 Likes

Yeah, Invi mentioned that. It’s like, "What is evil Sylvanas’ line?

ZZzzzzzZZzzzz :sleeping: :sleeping:

Why aren´t we actually talking about this? THIS is one of the actually interesting bits of the cinematic, cause… what was the Arbiter at the end? Was “it” even an actual “Eternal” or just merely a “machine” fabricated to replace the actual Eternal who conveniently had the “hole in the chest” feature too?

I´ll put on my tinfoil hat and say this is the “not subtle at all” way for Danuser and Co. to tell us Zooval was basically the “Eternal” version of either Aman´Thul Or Sargeras. He evidently can manage WAAAY more power than the rest of the Eternal Council.

Hey, you both!!! His design is just fine, pretty “anime” inspired -direct and to the point. The mask is a little bit less elaborated than the one belonging to the “Old Guy” a.k.a. the Shinigami King, but yes, basically skulls on steroids.

However, I happen to be quite the massive anime fangirl, so I guess we probably have very different aesthetical tastes…

4 Likes

Ooooh, so that’s why people were saying Sylvanas is going to be Kerrigan’d; I missed that the arbiter got dusted.

I guess Blizzard plans on her penance being to take the arbiter’s place or something.

7 Likes

If they just rolled with it and uploaded a follow up where Sylvanas gives an over dramatic YTuber apology tour, I’d accept it as farce at least.

This feels like a parody.

And the tragedy is in different context - if it had been established Sylvanas had been brainwashed or enslaved and that Arthas like command is what caused Will Of The Forsaken to come off cooldown I would be so pumped.

But I PLAYED BFA. She willfully and maliciously sent countless souls, even her own people’s as they expressed loyalty to her, straight to Hell to be turned into swords and armor.

I’ve seen Saturday morning cartoons with better planting and payoff. Good God.

23 Likes

A holder for the Jailer’s “key”. The Jailer used the portal that looks like abilities of the Guardian of the 1st Ones iirc.

So, idk. Might’ve been created out of his sigil by machinery of the 1st Ones.

gl hf

1 Like
5 Likes