RAF not working

I gave my friend my generated in game link:

https://battle.net/recruit/VCMCFKV2NR

and it is going to:

Whoops! Something’s wrong with your link.

I tried it, he tried and a few guildies tried it. Everyone got the same page.

Seems to be working for me, Lawford.

At what point are they getting that message? Do they already have a Battle.net account and clicking “Log in to existing account” or are they entirely new and need to “create free account”?

I haven’t clicked beyond that, so not sure where the error they are getting is. If before those links and just clicking on the one you provided, try having them clear their cookies/cache or try a different browser.

3 Likes

Thansk Vrak… so the link works but when they create an account or log in to existing it gives that error

Thanks, Lawford. I seem to get the same thing when attempting to log in to an account with the link. I’ll pass it up to see if we can figure out what is going on.

7 Likes

Hey Vrakthris. Any update here? My friend is waiting so he can give you guys money!

I was actually going to ask you if you were still having an issue.

Does your friend already have a Battle.net account? If so, can you give me their BattleTag? If they don’t have a Battle.net account already, are they able to create a Battle.net Account independently of that invite?

I just need a reference point for them and the BattleTag is the best way.

1 Like

Yeah still same error.

No… he cant get to that point to create a new account with the link. and he doesnt want to create one yet so I don’t lose my RAF>

Can he do so without using the link?

Having a Battle.net account doesn’t start a timer or otherwise prevent you two from linking through the RAF system. It is just the platform that will house the WoW license once that is created.

If they can do that, and give me the BattleTag once the account is created, I can forward that on so we can take a closer look into what might be happening.

4 Likes

He wont be on until tomorrow :frowning - However, I tried it just now to my own bnet (to create WoW2) and no dice… same thing.

Alright. Thanks. As soon as I get an update I’ll let you know. I’m surprised we’re not seeing other reports on this, but I’ll keep an eye out for those too. More samples usually help in the investigation.

4 Likes

I just got off the phone with him. He just tried to create a new account and it went through all the way to “Continue to Recruit a Friend” after the account was setup… as soon as he clicked that, same error.

He may have been given a temporary BattleTag or asked to create one when he logged in. If I could get that, it would be helpful.

Edit:

Oh wait, I might have misunderstood. You mean that the process stopped when using the link from you? If he can use the link I provided just to create a Battle.net Account, nothing else, that would be helpful.

1 Like

{Removed for privacy}

1 Like

Thanks, Lawford! I’ve passed that on. Hopefully they’ll be able to figure out what the heck is happening.

2 Likes

damn, this sucks. He has next few days off and we want to play. Can he just open his account and then I get the RAF credit once it is fixed? Or do I need to wait until they fix it for me to get the rewards if we decide to wait?

To be honost, if my friend wanted to play that bad, I would say screw the raf and make an account and play. As for you, make him feel welcome to Azeroth. I really hope your friend has fun, and don’t be shy in the newcomer channel, lots of good guides in there.

1 Like

There is a 7 day grace period where you are able to recruit after the account gets made and game time added, though of course we are unsure how long this might take to fix.

They could also always make a “temp” battlenet and just play the trial version with you, testing out different classes to lvl 20 and see what they might like to main when they can finally do the RAF on a “permanent” account.

3 Likes

Wait… so he can go ahead and setup his account as normal… and if mine gets fixed in next 7 days he can still use my RAF link and it will be accepted even though he has already bought TWW and got a subscription?

1 Like

There is a 7 day grace period between creating an account or buying game time to reactivate.

2 Likes

As an update, they may have found the cause of the issue, but I don’t have an ETA on the resolution as of yet. As soon as I have more info I’ll let you know.

Basically, yes. Keep in mind, our staff is unable to manipulate the RAF system so you’d only be able to retroactively link yourselves. If something happens where that isn’t possible, we cannot fix it at that point.

Hopefully, this can be resolved quickly, but I don’t know how complex that is.

6 Likes