Radiant Echoes Improvements Are Now Live

So you already knew these two things needed to be addressed “since the event went live” – begs the question, how did this make it through your QC in the first place?

3 Likes

Glad its being improved, do you think more frequent boss kills will make shard limits unnecessary?

You would have a point if this was not such a limited time event.

Amazing change! However, if people want to funnel the currency from alts into their main… let them! People who don’t want do it just simply won’t! People won’t feel it necessary. Let them, let them, let them… if they want! Good changes overall though! <3

3 Likes

These are all good changes, but it still feels like too little too late. Even with these changes, the event offers very little. The rewards just aren’t good enough.

Increasing the item level of the gear (493-496 seems reasonable) and allowing that gear to be used in the revival catalyst would be good starts. Right now, I see ZERO reason to do this event instead of queueing LFR.

1 Like

Instead of deleting the original announcement thread to cover up the negative feedback and initial reactions, it would have been much better to acknowledge the mistake and post this as a reply to the original thread. From a PR standpoint, this approach would have made you appear more transparent and engaged with your playerbase.

Just sayin… but yeah I’m still not a fan of the general direction of these world events. I still think you can fundamentally create something better and more exciting.

4 Likes

The only thing missing is the ability to change the gear into tier.

That would keep people engaged far longer as you could target farm peices you are missing for raidfinder colors instead of playing RNG roulette.

2 Likes

This is definitely going in a better direction, apart from the 3 quests being changed to account locked dailies instead of a repeatable weekly for alts. Honestly though the most frustrating part of this for me has been the lag issues which have most of the time caused loot and currency to not drop at all, especially from the final bosses. Would love to see that addressed as well…because increasing the rewards means nothing if we aren’t receiving them.

This seems like a start. I’m not trying to be a curmudgeon, just that I’m trying to get my “sea legs” on this event.

Before these changes, I would say that the event is very alt-hostile and does not scale. I have 12 alts (plus my main), and it makes it very hard to cycle so many alts in.

I have three goals:

1. Collect the collectables.
  2. Collect the appearances
  3. Prepare my alts.

The current gameplay, between the cost of items, and the lack of rhythm basically forces the player to choose one. You can either farm the collectables, and if you’re lucky, gear up four alts (one of each armor type) and hope you get the weapon appearances, or just focus on alts and hope you can funnel the currency to get the mount.

The cost of the items is designed for a repeating event, but by its nature, this cannot be – unless you decide to make the pre-launch events in general yearly week-long holidays.

I’ll see how these changes go, and I get I am an outlier with 13 toons to do, but I just feel the Legion pre-launch event felt more organic.

I got around this by discarding the extras. I had 16, 8 were in the mail, so I discarded 4 to loot the 8 and make a solid 20 (Since they’re “(20) Unique”)

4 Likes

They fixed it, reasonably quick.

They could have ignored it or had two weeks of meetings to make the same decision. Let’s take the good when it happens.

1 Like

Using alts was the only choice we had to offset the massive amount we needed to buy everything its not our fault for your lack of thinking about our time and schedule! That aside glad you are finely listening to us it is a badly needed fix.

I transferred memories to an alt just to see if it worked, now I can’t transfer them back, why?

Ok, I’ll try that thanks!

Seriously. Literally nothing about prepatch event activites are “necessary” and nobody doing them thinks they are. It is so weird to make game design choices based on that alone. Like hello? It’s a game? I’m playing because I want to not because it’s necessary; enough with the patronizing.

2 Likes

:dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated:

:dracthyr_heart:

1 Like

some people are never happy

This was sorely needed, thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for the changes! Makes it a lot easier to collect all of the rewards from it now!

5 Likes

This doesn’t feel like more rewards if you’re making it an account wide daily. But I guess until we see numbers we’re in the dark.