Radiant Echoes Improvements Are Now Live

If a person plays 10 times more than another in this event, then they will earn 10 times the rewards still.
That hasnt changed at all.

1 Like

If you are going ignore what my point is by cherry-picking the rest of it, then I am not going to keep discussing this with you. It is futile to try and explain something to someone who refuses to look at the lack of rationale exhibited by some of Blizzard’s actions.

Im not ignoring your point.
I just cant understand where you are coming from for the life of me.

It really sounds like you think that killing the boss 5 times on one character should award the player less than if they killed the boss one time on 5 characters. The player has done the exact same work in each scenario. But you want blizzard to give you more just because you want more.

If thats not it i apologise but its honestly the only way it makes sense to me.

I am sorry, perhaps I am not explaining it as well as I could. I have been battling a sinus migraine almost all week, so I’m sure that isn’t helping. I will try again. :slight_smile:

I like almost every change made to the prepatch event (I think, anyway; I wasn’t able to do any yesterday). I have done a little bit this morning. I will say I feel like it is a LOT slower. Instead of doing 6 objectives then the boss, I feel like we’re having to do a lot more? The progress bar went from 100% to 94% (IIRC) after one objective was done. Maybe some objectives are worth more, I’m not sure yet. But if all of them only reward 6%, that’s a LOT of objectives to complete before the main boss spawns. I totally understand you get juicy loot from the objectives, but if you are pressed for time and just want the boss kill, it does drag it out quite a bit more. I imagine this is because the event starts over now and Blizzard wants to slow down how quickly the main boss will spawn by requiring you to do more than 6 objectives.

My only problem with the original announcement for these changes is that the CM specifically called out the quest and that they were making it daily and account-wide to discourage using alts to get the rewards of the quest and funnel them towards to the main. In a game that financially benefits from people having alts (and actively encourages that behavior by adding things like more races/classes), this change makes no sense and is unnecessary. I’m not saying the quest is worth a whole lot anymore – in fact, that just makes it worse. You get way more from just playing the event than you do from the quest now. So then why make the quest account-wide instead of per-character?

The change to the quest makes no sense. The quest is rather meaningless now, but then why make the change and bring attention to it like that?

I would disagree about the value of the quest.
Its reward is actually very high.
You get 3000 memories as the quest reward for killing the boss.
Killing the boss itself gives 1400.

So a player not using an alt will get 1400 memories for their second kill.
A player using an alt to redo the daily would get 4400 memories.

Lets say you can kill the boss 4 times an hour, thats an additional 12,000 memories an hour that those not using alts wont get.
I mean, lets not forget when it was a weekly quest it was 1500 an hour and a half.
36k every 3 hours vs 3k every 3 hours.

If you could do the daily on every character each day, it would effectively mean those using alts would earn the items three times as fast.

So then players like me who dont care for alts have to decide between playing character we dont care about or even like, or having the event last three times as long as it has to.

But isn’t that true for most activities in this game? We currently get 2 bronze bullion for doing the Valdrakken weekly. A player like yourself can only earn 2, but a player like myself is 2xN for however many characters we have.

The game should be set at a base level to allow players like yourself to complete it, but there’s no reason players who have more characters shouldn’t be allowed to complete it faster if they are putting in the time and effort on those characters. The main problem before is that players like yourself realistically couldn’t complete the event and get all the rewards.

I would say the opposite.
Now that we have moved into a warband game where they are treating the player as an account and not a character, less and less should be repeatable on alts.

Just like how rep in tww is a one time thing from quests and using alts to redo it wont benefit your account. You get the rep gains once and thats it.

Agreed. Not sure if all the implications for the new Warband system has been given enough consideration. For example, replace “funneling the weekly quests from their alts to their mains” with “funneling reputation from their alts to their mains”. How does that mesh with the argument or philosophy for removing the human racial, Diplomacy? Can’t imagine that the amount of rep gained via alts is going to be cut by ~90% to compensate for the 10% increase to rep gains that was associated with Diplomacy.

I have two characters that I made Human specifically for Diplomacy, which includes the warlock I used my boost on from TWW pre-order. I sure would love to get a couple of free race changes to pick something else now, as I have no desire to play Human without that racial.

You’re not doing anyone any favors by making something a daily task instead of a weekly. You should just cap the quests at 7 times per week regardless of what you do it on.

edit: actually just make them account-bound weeklies with 7x the reward

really need to adjust the low level scaling on the event. These bosses are taking 15+ minutes to kill. Lich King had like 200 skeleton adds because they have too much HP for leveling players to actually kill.

2 Likes

I did notice at a memory that usually goes fast it took 10x longer when I was the only 70 (and on a healer). The other people around were lowbies and I also had aggro the entire time just doing healer damage since their damage is so low in comparison.

world quests are offering me 338 ilvl gear.

the event is giving me 140 ilvl.

So because a certain group of players are doing this you punish everyone. Those players will always find ways to be degenerate with their gameplay, you need to stop designing around them.

What do you mean by punishment. They saw that the meta for efficiency required seven characters and 35 hours of time spent per week on the event. That’s a bad design so they fixed the bad design made it good design.

1 Like

I don’t know that it would necessarily be opposite. I am all in favor of going into warband mode with everything possible, but not at a massive loss to those with alts. I’d prefer to see status quo for them and a net gain for those without those alts.

With the exception of class-specific or really exclusive tmogs (tied to things like gladiator or whatever), I feel all tmogs should be usable by all armor types (or earning boots in cloth unlocks the corresponding boots in leather/mail/plate; just like getting one faction’s mount unlocks the other automatically). This prepatch event has altaholics having to work x4 to earn the tmog variants.

You should never feel punished for having one character, but you should also never feel punished for having more than one character. There is a happy balance that can be found where both types of players are rewarded. If the altaholic will work longer/harder to earn extra so they can get all 4 tmog variants, they should be allowed to do so.

EDIT: Thankfully, so far I’ve gotten about 50% of all gear pieces at least once for the tmog just from killing the bosses. So my hope is that by the end of the event I will have freely earned all the tmogs and can spend the currency on just gearing alts.

I’m not sure how Rep works. Do the little incremental amounts of rep actually accumulate account-wide, or does it just record your highest rep level (honored, exalted, etc) and apply THAT across your account, but you still have to get the rep normally on whatever character got to that point?

But yeah, for sure, with this prepatch change alone, it makes it clear that there’s some consideration needed across the board. I expect to see a lot more Account-Wide quests now, particularly the repeatable daily / weekly type. Or, for those where that would be a disaster for alt character progression – rewards being marked as non-Warband loot (ie: the Mythic Dungeon event quest surely won’t be both non-account wide and also give warband-tradeable loot, that’s just a recipe for funneling a full gear set to your main with no effort).

1 Like

They once again are designing around the sweaty tryhard meta players, rather than just accepting some will do that and let them burn themselves out, they decide nobody should play anything but one character a day.

Most of the lag seems to be gone, but Arthas is lagging the entire Dragonblight zone when he’s up. 5+ seconds of ability lag, but latency remains at 12ms for me. Instant he dies the lag disappears.