Radiant Echoes Improvements Are Now Live

Well, you’re not losing out on your gear cache weekly on alts, since that came from the first boss kill a week and not the quest. So you’ll still get your champ track.

Well done, this is a really good improvement. Kudos to the team for such a quick turnaround, too.

It was on ptr and beta but they aren’t getting the level of free testers they got in the past is all i can guess, i know I’ve purposely stayed away because i don’t want to take the surprise away, that and I’m scared after what happen in the last few expansions to even see what’s coming.

Yeah, if the event is just repeating over and over, but only for one hour, that would be hard to time. The bosses aren’t on a spawn timer, they require the pre-events be done by the players.

That could mean the hour is two minutes away from ending, but the events to spawn the boss haven’t been completed that cycle yet.

That would feel bad to go through all the pre-boss stuff just to have it time out and have to try again later.

That’s probably why it was set up the way it initially was.

If the bosses were on a timer they could ensure that the last spawn of the hour gave people more than a decent amount of time to down them.

If the bosses spawns are player dependent it could mean the boss spawns when there’s no time to kill it before time is up and it cycles to the next one.

MoP Remix reputation bug fixed on Landfall.

Credit where credit is due, today was a W for Blizzard. Thank you devs for puting in the work to fix this stuff as quick as you can.

Thank you! Whoever thought that waiting for 30 hours for each Radiant Echo boss must have been smoking some strong felweed.

1 Like

Imagine spamming aoes on mobs that die in 5 seconds as “fun”. No its not.

Nice changes and all, But can we focus on fixing the event first? They are just insta completing the second it transitions to the new zone. Have been unable to do a single one today.

This. Twice I’ve tried doing the event in Dragonblight today. Both times it bugged and the Lich King never appeared.

So, in other words, a nerf to anyone with more than 7 characters. And a nerf to everyone, even if you only have one character, if you are sick or unable to play for a day. Because now that it’s an account-bound daily, you can’t just “catch up” the next day. You don’t have 7 days to get it done. You can’t use alts to supplement if you miss a day. If you miss a day, you have permanently lost that quest’s worth of rewards.

What happened to respecting the player behind the screen? Why does it matter which character I am playing? If people choose to play only one character or only have time to play one character, why penalize the rest of us? What is wrong with the rest of us getting done sooner? We put in the effort, we should be rewarded. How is this any different than the progression of players in mythic/raid/pvp? They have the time and skill to devote to the activity, they get rewarded for it.

You have been adding extra classes and races for the duration of this game’s lifespan, you sell character boosts and enjoy making money off it. You have built this game around many characters. Why take away the rewards from people who put in the effort to maintain many characters?

2 Likes

So only need to grind 24/7 for the next month?

I would suggest actually reading the post.

2 Likes

you can just kill the bosses now, the quest isn’t that big of a deal

2 Likes

If you order a cheeseburger and they give you an onion do you thank them for giving you the burger after you had to explain no one wants an onion?

3 Likes

This is the thing that really grinds my gears about this response, Blizzard have released this event in an obviously broken state and now want to “listen” to players when if they even bothered to listen in the PTR, or listen to past event examples this wouldn’t have been released in this state.

You don’t get a gold star for fixing the event you deliberately released in this state.

This has been an issue with events for the whole of Dragonflight and you [Blizzard] still don’t listen!

3 Likes

I did read the post. Try reading mine.

The weekly quests are now daily quests but account wide instead of per character. So maximum number of attempts 7 per week. Previously it was however many characters you could run through a week.

So if you miss a day, you have permanently lost those quests. No opportunity to catch up on a weekend.

That’s the only part I have an issue with.

1 Like

It’s not the first time they’ve done this either. Though I don’t think there’s any sort of conspiracy behind it, I do believe that it is just pure negligence.

2 Likes

Incoming Buffs to Residual Memories Drops from Radiant Echoes Pre-Patch Event - Wowhead News

And they just made the quests irrelevant anyway. No missing out on anything. The bosses (and the objectives to spawn them) also respawn immediately once one cycle ends, and this continues for an hour. So, again, I would make sure you know how things work.

2 Likes

The PTRs are useless, and for the most part so are the beta forums.

The only time they listen to players and iterate heavily is during alpha. Then it just gets locked down into tiny number tuning and that’s it.

What’s more, they don’t even think their players are worth their gaze, which is why they send their community rep to collect feedback or relay changes instead of interacting with the player feedback themselves.

1 Like

there is no “catch up” because there is no real cap

miss the quest one day, kill 4 extra bosses the next, its the same in the end

2 Likes