Radiant Echoes Improvements Are Now Live

Then we are better off without it.

2 Likes

I think it’s so people without alts can earn more.

These are all pretty great, but what if, and hear me out, we mailed all the rewards to everyone on login?

Kidding obviously.

We’re better off without an account wide feature because you can’t throw 12 hours a day min/maxing your alt?

Get a job lol

3 Likes

I don’t think that is how it works. All my characters got one 493 piece of gear once for doing the weekly.

From a quest perspective, that actually limits how much people can get, at least in theory. We’ll have to see how the testing plays out to see how it actually affects the gains though.

Wait a tick…

You want us to stop playing during an event to go test the event???

That’s some chutzpah right there.

4 Likes

They are removing what people have been able to do for almost a decade in order to cater to people who don’t want to play the game.

you get a single 493 a week per character

you’re supposed to get a chance at 480 warbound and other rewards each other kill but there was a bug

Please NOT account bound, change it to daily quests, but per character!

4 Likes

I wish I could like this post more than once!

I was under the impression that a warband was more or less a ‘reward’ of sorts to those with multiple characters who are playing their game longer so it gives them slightly nicer things as somewhat as a ‘thanks’ rather than an isolation of account rewards and it end up actually becoming a blockade of sorts against those that wish to put more effort in.

Otherwise, if funneling effort to a single character to cash in is seen as a ‘problem’, then how are warbands even remotely better than a player making an alt bank? Even the cost of buying all the tabs in an alt bank are significantly cheaper than a warband, so again, what’s the point if there’s no enjoyable bonuses for an account with several characters and players who decide to put more/longer effort into the game? By this same metric, should we not allow all mounts to drop at 100% from old content? I mean, if having only one character should have the results and tries of someone with 30, shouldn’t it be fair across the board as well there too?

2 Likes

Warband is using your main to make your alts lives easier, not for an army of alts to feed your main

3 Likes

Great changes but we can we also fix the two other glaring issues with the gear?

1. It cannot be catalyzed into tier. I think this is a major oversight.
  2. Can we please also be able to put the helm enchant on the event gear?

I’d also love a skip on alts for the event pre-reqs. Despite being able to do the event on my main, and the fact that I was able to go right into it on an alt that was sub max level, on my druid (was max level but never did the Harbringer quest), I couldn’t access the currency to transfer until I completed the pre-reqs on that character. I assume this is a bug since my level 50-ish priest didn’t have that issue.

2 Likes

I don’t know what is bugged or not in this game anymore - everything is inconsistent. They still haven’t fix the weekly last hurrah quest.

2 Likes

Im still baffled how you didnt see this coming on the PTR when you were intially testing it. You have 20 years of experience with this game, I just dont understand.

8 Likes

I feel like somewhere along the way in the evolution of MMO design, we’ve lost sight what made quests such an innovation in the genre in the first place.

The thing that was so great about WoW-style quests was that they broke up the monotony of just killing mobs by putting a little “You’re done here! Move on to another area over there!” wrapper around farming. The core activity of MMOs was killing and looting things. But that actually gets boring fast. What quests gave us was structure and the illusion of purpose/progress while we were doing it so that we never completely zoned out going in circles killing and looting the same respawning mobs over and over.

Over time quests have become about story moments not gameplay, and now structure has become focused on events that create punctuation marks to engineer big crowds. The time after quests and between events has become a wasteland of old-fashioned mindless mob grinds (or just going away and waiting for the next event).

I feel the devs need to take a step back at some point and think a little more about the role of structure again.

5 Likes

weird, i’ve done that on many characters and have only done harbinger/prequest on 1

Wow Warbands is actually taking away things that I could do before? Tell me more.

1 Like

Right? They only said this about a billion times when they announced it and during development.

1 Like

People are leveling up characters - so they WANT to play multiples daily. Why should people who want to play be penalized because people like you don’t want to.

1 Like