Radiant Echoes Improvements Are Now Live

As an altoholic who has been hopping between toons for the weekly, I actually really appreciate the daily fix. The hour-and-a-half timeframe between echoes was an EXACT ratio between “too big to wait around on it dilligently”, and “too small to go and commit to a different activity until the next one pops”, it was both flavors of tedium at their worst.

While we’re at it with the fixes, can we talk about the following:

1. The weapon prices feel REALLY disproportionate compared to everything else. I get they’re the cornerstone of your character’s power level, but 8k for a two-hander feels REALLY steep versus cloaks, rings, trinkets, and necks all being at 2k.

2. There seems to be an issue involving the refund period and the vendor warbound gear, as they -funnily enough- can’t go into the warbank until the two-hour window is up. Mailing the gear to an alt WOULD fix this but it seems the refund window only removes itself on the tooltip, and you still have to wait on putting it in the warbank.

2 Likes

Wait so now I can only farmt he currency on one character even though I have alts of every armor weight to gear??? What a stupid decision. One step forward 20 steps back FFS

2 Likes

Very nice to see quick communication and fixes but not knee jerk reactions. Good on ya. Now we just got to figure out the lag issue.

you get more rewards for just killing the boss too, and the bosses repeat

1 Like

THe boss reward is daily too isnt it?

Exactly! What about the piece of Champion gear each alt has been getting for doing the first one this week, is that going away as well? My alts really like that nice shiny Champion piece.

1 Like

100%. I prefer this kind of design so that when I’m in the mood to farm I can go all in, and then focus on something else like remix once I’m bored and wanna do something else.

maybe per character at worst, but we’ll see

Great changes and thank you. It’s odd, given the direction of the game as of late, that the event didn’t get delivered this way. Live and learn then continue improving I suppose.

No. The boss reward is per kill. The only thing that was gated like that was the weekly quest. Everytime you kill the boss you have a chance at gear and you always get the currency. Now we are gonna get the currency much faster so you can just buy the pieces you need for you alts.

Nice job blizz!!!

Thanks…

It really is hard not to feel like this is a classic manipulation tactic because of how often this has happened in the past, huh? It’s not even unique to WoW; pretty much all development of Diablo 4 since it’s launched has been this as well.

I want to give Blizzard props here, but it feels like that’d be playing right into their hands because I don’t think any reasonable player would actually believe that the state this event launched in was acceptable. It’s much more believable that they made it crappy on purpose so that they could manufacture their own goodwill by improving it shortly afterward.

5 Likes

Respectfully, Now you want the player base to test this changes. What’s the testing procedure for this kind of events? Are you doing an actual testing that could provide data before going live?

We keep facing the same issues with multiple events, if you take a tester / Dev and gather some data after 2-3 hours that’s the time that most players have available per day, you’ll notice that if you missed the event window, then you maybe won’t do it in that time again. You’ll notice that the amount of currency, reward cost and time available isn’t right…

Please do better regarding testing, implementing events and then responding to backlash from the playerbase shouldn’t be the norm.

Maybe some players see this as “Hope”
Continuing the discussion from Radiant Echos:

But for others its more of the same…Please prioritize fun.

2 Likes

Reminds me of a Superstore episode where they kept doing awful things to the customers so they could “fix it” to get their ratings up

1 Like

I love all the changes except this one → Don’t get me wrong I LOVE that they are daily now. But I don’t think they need to be account bound. Let us level up and gear alts more easily being able to do this quest <3.

3 Likes

Im on the ptr right now and this is it.
This is the prepatch event we wanted.
Its good now. Actually good.

1 Like

That’s great and all, but I can barely even hit the boss because of the mass amount of people out there. I get maybe a single frame every 10 seconds. This is supposed to be fun?

1 Like

The rewards are still garbage because you can’t turn them into tier pieces at the catalyst.

It’s vastly overpriced 496 items you can’t convert.

Why are you making the quest account bound. If people want to do it on multiple alts so they can finish the event faster, they should be able too.

5 Likes

why did it take them so long to get here? that’s the part that’s unacceptable, this is a late fix and it never needed to be a later fix, it should have launched this way and they had to know that.

1 Like