R12 and R13 cannot release this horrible can it?

We get cloak of shadows as a 6 piece set bonus

All classes could get dispersion as a 2 piece. Maybe that doesn’t move the needle. I just think there needs to be more outside the box thinking on it.

If you are a real classic pvp enjoyer, you go to raids for specific pvp items like trinkets for ex

vanilla is a pvp and pve game at the same time contrary to peoples claims

The only real problem with sod pvp is not gear or anything like that

its just the fact that characters are basically at sunwell power levels with runes far surpassing vanilla power intervals, ad well as inconsistency in class+rune combos. the damage blankets etc are a bad bandaid fix which damages some specific classes like mages while wildly favouring others like hybrids

Had runes been gatekept based off of class specs it would be a different story

People asking for resilience etc have no idea what theyre talking about

I mean, for Druids at least can neatly stay hit capped using chest/legs while staying super tanky. Nothing on the Tank tier for Druids has crit/hit on it, at least for T1, so the R12/13 gear is very good for them.

I like this idea. Give the pvp sets one iconic ability, for warrior bladestorm would be nice.
But I believe this is too much work for the devs. Im not saying its alot of work in general. Just alot for these devs.

2 Likes

All they have to do is make “mark” vendors to buy unique items with all BGs having different things.

Armor dyes, weapon glows, mount armor, anti disarm enchants, shirts, etc

People would actually q the bgs

No special abilities are needed because then the sets become a barrier to entry requirement like resilience

1 Like

Regardless rank 13 epic 6 set bonus to be 23 spell power is a slap in the face to PVP players literally every PVE 2 part set bonus craps on 23 spell power.

2 Likes

It would need to be something unique to make it more appealing than just using the tier set for more damage.

More stamina ain’t it, you could give someone 100 more stamina and it wouldn’t make a difference because we dont have a pvp stat that decreases the damage we take.

Enh is so bad atm it is completely reliant on 3min wolves that can get globald. They removed all its healing as well but making lava lash work with a 2h is just too much!

This would be sick and then just disable pvp set bonuses in raid IDs

It could be 60 more spell power and 100 more stamina and it would still be trash.

2 Likes

At least that would be better than a homeless man 23 sp

Yep.

Stamina is only really needed on a few specific classes where it actually does make a difference. Most dps classes will never need it.

They simply just forget the idea of barrier to entry requirements like resil and set abilities and add cosmetics and special pvp related enchants. Maybe you can even buy faps and grenades that are usable by non engineers. Explosives that can be used in raids

He’ll add a world buff for mark combo turn ins

Current set bonus is 20 stamina they could give you 8x that which is 1600 more health and that’s 1 backstab Crit lmao.

It literally does nothing if you have no pvp stat that reduces damage taken.

If anything more stamina would just make locks even more op lmao

1 Like

Yeah sod characters are just way too strong in general. Too late to fix properly at this point

Maybe for their “classic+” they can tone down the main character syndrome a bit

A rank 13 warrior in the new PvP gear is going to have over 7k life self buffed with the enchants. I currently have 6.1k self buffed in Rank 10 gear/Spinal Reaper.

Full tier 1 warriors have around 4.5k health right now and BWL gear isn’t going to be much different.

I wonder which one is going to do better in PvP lol. The PvP gear is gonna better in PvP no doubt, and the raid gear is going to be better for raiding. Don’t see the problem here at all.

I do though think the PvP set bonuses should be changed/updated though.

Id rather do more damage than have more health as a rogue.

Id rather wear full t2 than rank 13 gear.

Even if they added 150 stamina on the pvp set that’s only 1 backstab Crit worth of health.

1 Like

this guy understands PVP

1 Like

The dissenters in here saying “stamina won’t matter” aren’t making any sense. If you think so, go ahead and ask Blizz to reduce your character’s health pool to 100 hp regardless of buffs.

I can agree maybe 100 stamina doesn’t make a difference, but people are ignoring that resilience is simply a bloated version of mitigation and defense, if 100 stamina doesn’t do it, add more or reduce damage. Lazarak got a large part of that right, most of the problem is that people do too much damage, that’s also easy enough to reduce by a numbers adjustment down, just like vanilla and then all of a sudden we don’t ‘need resilience’. This is all about numbers, that’s what balance is, if all the stamina in the world doesn’t work, reduce damage, simple.

Stamina and stats of this nature rarely add to pvp skill. Stamina helps within reason to allow counterplay instead of simply dying in a small stun lock combo or being instant-gibbed. TTK, (time-to-kill) and fight duration should be talked about more, but this, counterplay or lack thereof and the bloated ‘balance-system’ Blizzard does to try to balance PvP is also why PvP is a mess and feels bad, being jumped by a rogue in wpvp functions differently than in a BG just like heals and time to cast function differently in wpvp than BGs. Classes that are great at healing can still heal in BGs and subpar ones can’t heal effectively in BGs at all due to this bloated pvp balance attempted system.

A good example of how despite more abilities, (which can work for adding skill at the skill cap) in SoD PvP ends up messy and reducing skill gap, skill floor and maybe skill cap is this clip from Rup playing vanilla compared to SoD where things like this are a lot more common to SOD rogues, not that they’re any better, they’re nowhere near as skilled as Rup.

h ttps://youtu.be/EdE21st8wZ4?t=16

The point was you need both, a reduction stat and more stam.

Like whats 150 more stam gonna do with our damage?

Id smoke that rogue.

No one is saying stam doesnt matter, we are saying ADDING more stam wont matter.

If you add another 100 stam to pvp gear it isnt going to do jack.

1 Like

The treatment of rankers in SoD is why I quit. They’ve made ranking just a side novelty of PvE players… who, as you can see, aren’t actually that much of a population. So there we go. No one plays SoD anymore.

One of the biggest draws of a fresh classic server is the pvp ranking. They blew it.

1 Like