Quilen & Cloud Teahouse Open In Sri-La!

Can’t be with my family for Thanksgiving irl. But i’ve got a small turkey and the trimmings. Gonna bake bread for the first time since last winter. Then settle down for a nice slow session with my meal. So …

If any of my (IC) family and friends wanna stop by for tea & talk on Thursday, Kunbo will likely be at the teahouse, while I do some leveling on my other account. i’ll post here when I get settled in & try to keep posted here and in the teahouse community channel who else i’m on.

That way, if Kunbo is taking a nap, you can let me know you’re ready for whatever he’s got cooking.

Probably 5 kinds of dessert.

1 Like

Teahouse is now open. I’ll be casually leveling a second-account character in another window, so may take a moment to notice someone dropping by.

Gramps (Kunbo’s dad) will be brewing tea and making noodles today til Kunbo shows up. 4 PM, Sri-La.

Last night was a delightful variation. Thank you to all who attended.

We haven’t made a Sunday night teahouse excursion to the weekly Wanderer’s Festival in a while. This week is special …

On Sunday we’ll be holding the regular teahouse as usual at 4 PM. Then on Monday - we’ll be providing the food for a special event at the once a year all-day Wanderer’s Festival.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/n-pandaren-wanderers-festival-casual-roleplay-event-december-7-food-and-fireworks-at-the-beach/752691

if you’ve been to our little excursions before you’ve only enjoyed an appetizer for the kind of event The Pandaren Empire guild are hosting, with supporting contributions from others in the community. So come by the teahouse Sunday, meet some of the characters that’ll be involved, over a relaxing cup of tea & some savory eats.

PS: it’s Darkmoon Fair time again. Pick up some inky black potions. They really make the Wanderer’s Festival spectacular.

2 Likes

for the festival get together on Turtle Beach today at 4 PM:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/n-pandaren-wanderers-festival-casual-roleplay-event-december-7-food-and-fireworks-at-the-beach/752691/4?u=kunbo-wyrmrest-accord

Teahouse will be open as usual. OTOH I’d rather have an empty house if it means people are attending the Azeroth Peace Council event:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/n-event-the-return-to-honor-teldrassil-dec-13th/724057

Hello all! No teahouse tonight (Dec 20th), in Kunbo’s words: “real life keeping me away!”
Have a safe evening, and we’ll see you next time!!

Thanks, Ingheti, for putting up the “closed for private function” (ooc = last minute rl stuff) sign last week.

We’re back tonight & going strong for the last teahouse of the year. See you all in a few hours - drop by anytime from around 4 PM til ?

first teahouse of the year starts in a couple of hours. Winter treats, comfort foods, and great conversation brewing up.

1 Like

We’ll likely be trying out some taste sensations - working on the menu for this event coming up on the 14th:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/welcome-the-hopeful-new-year-at-the-moon-bowl-bridge/810658

for those who enjoy gustatory anticipation …

Here’s the menu for the Moon-Bowl feast on Thursday.

https://tinyurl.com/MoonBowlFeastMenu

Won’t be nearly as fancy as the Moon-Bowl feast, but hopefully ya’ll are ready for some good food, tea, and conversation. Teahouse at the usual time and place today.

1 Like

:tea: All are invited to a VERY SPECIAL teahouse this Sunday the 24th. :ramen:

An IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT regarding Kunbo’s ( & somebody else’s) future will be made. :panda_face: :heartpulse: :panda_face:

If you haven’t been in a while - this is the Sunday to come.

If you’ve been thinking about visiting the teahouse but haven’t made it yet, this is the Sunday for an extra special meal.

Will be there today!

I’m planning to make the announcement sometime around 4:45 - 5 PM, whenever people have gathered.

For those who can’t make it til later: you should still come by to enjoy the merriment and the special menu. Deluxe version of the Four Celestials Soup, and - in a break with tradition - a small amount of four winds soju & pandaren plum wine will be served. Enough for a toast (hint, hint).

Should be a very happy teahouse today, with Lunar Festival & Love is in the Air on the horizon. Join us for tea, treats, and talk. :slight_smile:

Occasionally someone misses us. We have no set end time & the rule of thumb has been to bank the fires down & blow out the lamps when he last guest leaves. Last night that happened earlier than usual. I stuck around for about half an hour but no one else dropped by. If ever you know you’ll be coming by but not til later, you can leave me a message here or ingame. I’ll do my best to stick around. :slight_smile:

I was looking back over the early writings about the teahouse.* Seems our third anniversary is coming up! We opened the doors in Mistfall during Lunar Festival 2018. Maybe we’ll have to do something special to celebrate.

• https://bronzetalons.wordpress.com/2018/08/10/the-teahouse-is-brewing-ic/
1 Like

A bit of OOC/IC (on another character) mashup for this post …

Hey RPers - Gramps here. (Kunbo’s Grandad) Good news …

It’s a busy busy month but we just can’t let the teahouse’s Third Anniversary go by without celebrating.

Lucky you - multiple chances to celebrate!

Back to the roots:
Feb 13th:
We’re planning to dust off the old portable tea stall and go to the Lunar Festival hosted by Silver Circle. See their thread for details on the Festival itself.

Then on Sunday …

Feb 14th :
:partying_face: :tada: SPECIAL Teahouse Location & Time -

Pre-Wedding :panda_face: :heartpulse: :panda_face: party at Turtle Beach 6 PM

Note the later start time. Two reasons for that. Many people already have plans for the 14th. With a later start time there’s a chance for people to come hang out afterwards. And it let’s us keep up our stamina until the Wanderer’s Festival at 9 PM server.

Wait a minute - what’s this about a wedding ?!

There are just too many IC friends, acquaintances, business partners, etc. for us to track down and sort out IC names vs ingame character names vs players with multiple characters, etc. And we don’t want to leave anyone out just because we couldn’t get them a directly mailed invitation in time.

Monday February 15th at 4 PM (WrA time)
It’s the big day.
:panda_face: :heartpulse: :panda_face:
Everyone (yep everyone in our whole RP community with any tiny bit of a minimal IC excuse for knowing about it) is invited to come help Kunbo & Ingheti celebrate their wedding. And bring friend(s) with them.

In keeping with the traditions of Kunbo’s home village, after a short ceremony open to all at a special spot in the Jade Forest, you’re all expected back to Ingheti & Kunbo’s home in the Valley of Four Winds for some great home-cooking by the bride and groom. BYOB - and don’t forget the firecrackers & banter, a traditional way to send the bride & groom off on their honeymoon !!

1 Like