Queues are on purpose, Blizzard has sharding

And isn’t that what they are doing today?

Another expert opinion, clearly no tin foil hat action here. Move along, move along.

They aren’t using sharding for Classic, thankfully. They are using layering for phase 1 until the population stabilizes.

What is that cap???

1. It’s LAYERING not sharing. 100% completely different technology. If you aren’t smart enough to understand this. Stop talking about it.
  2. No you can’t have unlimited players on server though layers because it puts stress on the ACTUAL server. Period. Again if you aren’t smart enough to know this. Stop talking about it.
  3. Stop taking about things you have no clue what you are talking about.
3 Likes

Actually vanilla did have paid transfers put into it.

Yes it did, a mt in the best guild ninjaed the bank at the end of vanilla while in naxx

What bank? What are you talking about? Guild banks didn’t exist in Vanilla.

1 Like

Then i guess you wernt in a server first raiding guild.

All hardware has limitations. It’s not like one box has an infinite amounts of RAM. The way they manage it is by setting a hard cap. ie. A set number of boxes they will run for that realm. This is why there is a queue. The cap is reached so you must wait for someone to log off. They also just put out a blue stating they raised the cap.

They haven’t given a number. What they did say, it was higher than what the original vanilla server cap was and in a recent blue post they said they raised the limit. Whatever that number is.

Yeah I don’t watch or care for any streamers honestly, good edit though. Those queue’s on non streamer servers will be gone within 2 weeks. Blitz is doing this the right way

I want sharding for the initial wave so I can play. And then remove it so that there is one world.

Lots of posts. Didn’t read them all. I think you’re forgetting that this is code from 15 years ago. There was no such thing as "sharding’ until at least the first if not the second expansion. The game went through a massive change when BC came out because of the ability to acquire flying mounts.

Did you really just say that servers don’t exist anymore?

There are 2 types of servers. Virtual and physical. Virtual servers REQUIRE physical servers to operate and still have a limit based on the hardware available to the virtual server.

2 Likes

…duh? They told us this. For weeks they’ve said that in order to try and have healthy stable server populations long term there has to be a cap. The population cap has NEVER been purely a technical limitation. Even in 2004 they could go a few thousand above what they allowed before the servers crashed. Devs have acknowledged this forever. The game was designed for a certain population on a server. What is your point with this post? This isn’t a secret. It’s not blizzards fault you don’t read good and don’t understand.

Stupidity is tin foil… Blizzard apologist, move along.

“Don’t read good” :joy: Blizzard increased caps through hot fixes, so they could have done this day one and can continue to do it to remove queues. They admitted this yesterday. So the question is why are they forcing queues?

That fact doesn’t dispute that they’re trying to get the servers down to the size where each one is a single layer and thus eliminating sharding altogether.

Guild banks literally didn’t exist. You had bank alts. However guild banks as they exist in bfa aren’t a thing.

1 Like