Queues are on purpose, Blizzard has sharding

Weird it’s like I said this in my first post. I’m going with a mix of buzz and stupidity as the reason.

“With hotfixes that we are currently deploying to all WoW Classic realms, we are substantially increasing the number of players that can be simultaneously logged in and playing. We expect this to result in smaller queues for realms that have large queues, and some realms should no longer have queues at all.

We will closely monitor performance and stability throughout this process.

Thank you very much.”

I’ll take an apology from you that you don’t understand the technology. No problem.

Im on Kromcrush and havent seen more than a 2 minute queue. It pvp east.

They’ve been pretty clear about the fact that they’re prioritizing the long-term health of classic realms and operating under the assumption that player count will drop dramatically after the first few days/weeks, on top of the fact that they don’t want to use sharding/layering forever. This means that they basically have to cap realms at (capacity of one layer * (1/ percent of players they think will stick around more than a few weeks.)).

1 Like

Check the blues. They are basically admitting they were wrong.

That’s a technique used to raise demand when needed, but when demand is already at a fever pitch you’d just be shooting yourself in the foot to artificially short supply at that point.

The other massive difference between raising demand in the way you describe, and what is going on here, is that Blizz already has the money of the people in que. When nintendo, or nike, puts out a limited run console or sneaker, that limited nature of things make people flock to buy it… but everyone in a que right now has already bought the game so that type of strategy simply doesn’t apply here. There is zero value in raising demand among the people who have already paid you, those people clearly already have plenty of demand for your product… at that point you are simply failing to deliver what the customer has paid for.

1 Like

Blues say otherwise. I’ll take an apology whenever you want.

If I were alone I could see your point, and I’d have already moved. But my guild is planning to have… checks discord 100+ people in it. Or at least as a part of the community. It’s kind of impossible to get that many people to reroll.

If the queues make news other people (not currently playing that have left the game) might come back and check it out. So no, they don’t already have the money.

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

“Man I had no interest in Classic, but seeing all these posts about long que times got me wanting to resub and go sit in a que!” -no one, ever

2 Likes

Your guild is not Blizzards problem, it is yours. You can go level and move back when people finally peel off. Your choice to stay in any high level queue and not level is on you, not Blizzard. Blizzard does not know anything about your own personal problem and issues in not being able to play with your guild mates. There first and foremost problem is to make sure people move, fill up existing realms and make more realms when those fill up. If you choose to sit in a queue with 15 or 45 thousand other people, then that is all on the people that choose to do so, not Blizzard.

1 Like

Your streamer bias is showing, its not just streamer servers that have massive ques. Alot of highpop servers have 1-2 hour ques and some even have 5-6 hour ques.

Edit:But yeah i do agree their trying to keep the future in mind to avoid having to close or merge servers because we know how well that goes. Don’t mind me just a person who didn’t get any sleep coming through.

1 Like

“I didn’t know Classic was releasing, I see that it was and people are “excited” for it. Maybe I’ll sub for a month and see if I like it” said people. Please learn business.

The hell would I want to go level and move back later for? OG didn’t have paid transfers, so there’s a likelihood Classic won’t either. Any time spent on a different server than the people I’m gonna play with is flat out wasted.

And it IS Blizzard’s fault for not having server choices in the beginning. They planned badly. I’ll deal with the queues by planning around them, but I’ll also spread the blame to all parties who deserve it.

Original WoW didn’t have this problem because there were very few established builds/communities when it launched.

Yeah it did.

1 Like

While that is technically true, Blizzard has promised to remove layering by phase two. If they just add layers now, it will become impossible to live up to that promise down the road.

3 Likes

Oh my bad, it had it for half a year before BC launched… with a 1 character limit every half a year.

Don’t feed the trolls guys

1 Like

Hell no, sharding killed retail. If you want sharding, go play retail PLEASE leave.

Yes, they are increasing pop caps but that isn’t always a good thing. More demand on the servers means, among other issues, more heat. If anyone works in the HVAC industry, they know that these server buildings are severely controlled and if something goes wrong…

A layer is a giant shard.