Queues are on purpose, Blizzard has sharding

all servers have queues during peak hours. don’t be dishonest

I did not have zero problem playing the game last night, none and no not all of the realms had a queue at peak time. Only the people that want to endlessly whine are putting themselves through BS. People were asked to move. Some choose to whine and stay in a queue with 10 to 20 some thousand other people. Not me, I moved and I have been playing.

“There are no queues on a Wednesday at 2:30 edt/11:30 pdt so what are you complaining about?”

Wow dude. Do you work for Blizzard?

shes literally trolling everyone with this nonsense. just flag and ignore

The only buzz this whole thing is creating is negative buzz… and do you really, seriously, think that there wasn’t enough hype around Classic!? Have you been living under a rock?

Stock price? Are you high? Can you share, because you on another level my dude if you think people not being able to play somehow raises their stock prices.

The only stupidity here is people who actually believe that Blizz would intentionally hamstring the most hyped launch they’ve had in a long time.

1 Like

This thread is about being able to play right now, not last night or later today, but right now, dude. I guess you did not bother to read the OP’s original post, dude!

What are you talking about? The OP doesn’t say anything about not being able to log on right now? The OP is talking about Blizz purposely tolerating queues to create the impression that there is an unmeetable demand for classic (the way Nintendo purposely limits supply at launch to drive hype demand).

So open more servers, and merge them when the population chills out. They are making this more difficult in order to minimize the amount of overhead effort they have to put in to manage this.

She made the post two hours ago!

If the plan was to bump the stock price by re-issuing a 15-year old game, it was a very stupid plan.

More likely this is just a very dumb conspiracy theory.

Again, if you have read any of the blue post. Blizzard does not want to open up and tone of realms and then have the same exact mess they currently have or had on the retail side for years. Blizzard has stated they are only going to open up more realms when the ones they do open up get to the capacity they want them to be at phase 2.

1 Like

You think that people will take the transfers, but a lot of them wont. People build friends and communities in classic. Also, people have massive queue times on some of these servers atm and are still too stubborn to switch.

And then when you have this massive population because you added too many layers and no one wants to switch, what do you do when you need to remove the layers and every area max level players would commonly be looks worse than the starting zones on launch day? And you will now only have a single layers supply of profession nodes for all these people to share.

East coast PvP is a disaster right now.

The population isn’t being limited due to technological constraints. It’s being limited due to environmental concerns.

There is only so much playable area, there are only so many resource nodes, and only so many mobs active.

If you put too many people on it becomes very difficult to gather, fight mobs, etc. it also has an effect on the economy as a whole.

The “land mass” was designed for a certain number of active players.

Sure you can layer and shard but that goes against the long term goal of keeping the vanilla experience. In vanilla you could always see that guy dueling outside IF and you saw the same people all the time. This is a big part of community development and cohesion. With layering/sharding you don’t see the same people much. That’s how live is and it’s awful.

Their goal (thankfully) it to get rid of layers asap once people spread out and before phase 2. If you overpopulate you either can’t get rid of the layers or there will be way too many people for the environment. Both are very bad.

I don’t understand why people can’t see this.
Look at the big picture people.

6 Likes

Pretty sure the billion dollar indie company known as Blizzard can handle it.

Yes, it is the people themselves that are wanting to cause their own misery. Instead of moving like they were asked to do so. They would rather spend time complaining, instead of playing. Blizzard can’t determine where someones friends and guild choose to hang their hats. If they all chose to go on a realm that has a queue of more the say 4 or 5k, then that is on them, not Blizzard.

“Amidst an infuriating launch experience for many players, [some of which faced queues over four hours]…the hype for Classic World of Warcraft was felt all the way over in Wall Street. Within an hour of opening the market, Activision Blizzard’s stock surged to $52.22.” - from Wowhead

Right… classic launch raised their stock prices.

You are trying to say, unless I misunderstood you, that Blizz intentionally hamstrung the launch by adding in ques where they weren’t needed… to raise the stock price. In what world does pissing off hundreds of your customers raise your stock price?

Let’s simplify with a hypothetical. Say that Blizz had correctly anticipated the number of people that would try to log on. That every server was running smooth as butter and no one had any log in times. Do you really believe in that scenario their stock would have risen less?

1 Like

Short supply has always been used to raise supposed demand. Can’t believe I have to teach business and economics on a WoW forum, but go figure. Nintendo, fashion companies, and hundreds of other companies do this all the time

Well, one of us does understand that technology, and unfortunately it’s not you.