Queue times are ridiculous

Wouldn’t be so bad if you could choose servers, but they give you 2 options:

One that’s on the West Coast, and one that is Horde dominated lol. I guess I’m starting over?

14 Likes

yeah the transfer options are a joke.

2 Likes

254 minute queue time. I guess working people with families just don’t get to play now?

25 Likes

literally unplayable i want to play for an hour before work or something nope but all the other servers are dead af its so frustrating

2 Likes

This!!! How will any of us actually be able to raid in WOTLK? None of our guilds will be able to field a raiding roster because everyone will be waiting for people to actually come online.

2 Likes

Agreed. Something needs to change. Having to plan your wow schedule around remoting into your computer 4 hours before you plan to play is stupid. The free transfer is to a server with horde only…no1 going to go there ever. STUPID!

5 Likes

6 hour queue when i logged in at 6

3 Likes

The WoW Classic product owners/project managers need to be fired. What a disgrace of a user experience. Give incentives to even out factions like damage bonuses on uneven servers or give free boosts if you xfer!

8 Likes

I think they’re limiting the number of players (on purpose) to get ppl to use the free transfer option. The fact that no one from Blizz actually responds to this problem tells us it is probably the case. I’m guessing as soon as enough have transferred off (whatever their target is) the queue will just disappear.

9 Likes

I just left for a couple minutes. Guess what. I win a 5-hour queue. I started queue on 1 pm, after 7 hours, I am still not playing. You guys did great job

2 Likes

As dumb as this is, nothing will change because they already have our money. The most realistic statement in this entire post is the fact that we will all be trying to remote into our PCs 4-5 hours before raid, group pvp, leveling party, etc with no real other option. Previous listings claimed that server caps were around 30,000 and when seeing a 12k queue, that means supposedly 42k people (from 2pm EST until 4 am EST) appear to want to play on Benediction.

Solutions:

1. Increase server cap. Probably won’t happen, but arguably the easiest with today’s tech.
  2. Split the server into more shards utilizing the layers.
  3. Force migrate people.
  4. Provide free xfers to ANY server that will not incur a queue with the addition of < 1500 players.
  5. Create a new server and offer it to those on benediction.
  6. Ban the bot accounts to free up player space.

Ultimately, Blizzard will most likely do nothing as they have done in previous years but providing them reasonable feedback at least indicates that we want to have a discussion, not an argument.

P.S. – This is going to be magnified by at least a multiplier of 2-3x when release takes place. 24 hour queue times will be a real thing if they choose to do nothing.

20 Likes

I don’t think Blizz makes enough money from this game in general, so expecting higher tech (sharding or extra servers) will probably not happen. Also I’m sure they have one part time intern working on classic wrath in general, so they have bigger fish to fry :smiley:

1 Like

14.8k in queue right now… guess I don’t get to play today. How hasn’t this been addressed yet? @blizzard

1 Like

No one will transfer cause there will be no LFG and you will need people on your realm to do dungeons and any kind of content.

1 Like

Was playing and went downstairs to get water and came up stairs to DC and queue… like wtf. Was probably less than a minute. 6 hour queue. Got raid in 4 hours.

Safe to say you won’t be making it…

Well, I cancelled my subscription effective immediately. I’ll keep my eye on the server to see if the situation improves, but I will not continue to pay Blizzard to, through their inaction, punish me with 3 hr (best) to 7 hr (worst so far) queues.

2 Likes

Lol, there’s only ONE option for fresh servers on US west. Transfer to where bud?

login at 7:20 pm on benediction, my queue is 15000 with estimated time of 406 min !

1 Like

Its not like you can even server xfer. You know, when ur in a 15,000 que ready to transfer you can’t because your character has pointless mail in its mailbox. For the last 5 years there is just constant reasons for not playing this game, it never ends tbh.

1 Like