Queue abusers

Well, and stay alive.

1 Like

They already did, the EULA is for ALL Blizzard games not just WoW and the specific article for sharing references only ONE child may have access and say know the password otherwise NO ONE ELSE can.

If you have any more questions and don’t believe them, go post on the Customer Service forums. Not GD.

Yeah
that would make sense, but some people don’t think that far ahead. I might have to talk to CS incase someone has this issue.

Well, staying alive falls to everyone haha.

Where? I linked 2 things. One for a WoW account and another for the broader EULA.

The one I linked, which appears to be current, specifically says “CHILDREN”, not “ONE Child”.

Only when you get to within a game (not bnet account), does the “ONE Child” reference come into play.

Here’s my reference:
Subject to the laws of your country of residence, minor children may utilize an Account established or play a Game installed by their parent or legal guardian upon the parent/guardian’s acceptance of this Agreement. In the event that you permit your minor child or legal ward (collectively, your “Child”) to use an Account or the Platform (including any Game), you hereby agree to this Agreement on behalf of yourself and your Child, and you understand and agree that you will be responsible for all uses of the Account or the Platform by your Child whether or not any particular use was authorized by you.

personally i run in what i sign up for, so I dont know if its possible, but the game needs to LOCK us into whatever spec we signed up for.
If you checked the tank box, you cant change specs while in the run / group.
problem solved.

Not gonna argue with you, kthx

Yeah the link to the EULA in that thread has been updated to reference “Children”.

Which I believes supercedes an outdated response from a year ago.

Not looking to argue with you either. Just trying to reference facts that can be shared clearly.

Right now the current EULA states “Children”. A year old response references “One Child”. Is there anything current that references “One child” at a level higher than a single game account/license? It’s ok if you don’t know and/or have an answer.

the part that makes me giggle with this is, its just blizzard trying to milk another $15 out of some family member.
I mean, if someone is devious enough to be living in my house and wants my log in info, I wont have to give it to them. If Ive let them live here, I trust them. They’ll find my passwords eventually and get into my game.
Bliz aint dumb enough not to comprehend this. Which leaves the motivation not being about account theft so much as demanding that if a husband plays wow and his wife wants to play here and there, she’ll have to fork over $15 a month too.

I mean this is only if they want the ability to play at the same time.

If they want to both play at different times, and they live together, then there’s no way Blizzard would be able to tell who is playing the account when activity is coming from the same IP address.

What a bad take, it’s more about account SECURITY. What happens if said person leaves, moves out, either of you have a fight? Now your account is compromised by someone else, and it’s on you. That’s entirely why, not to just ‘get more money’ out of someone. It’s an account security issue.

Im betting bliz would take action against an account if, say the husband has his account and the wife is playing an hour or two a week on his WoW account, and they find out.
Everything they do just reeks of greed, IMO.

It would be tough for them to tell for sure, but people who play with one of them might notice and report them for account sharing. Not sure how that would go if the account owner just said they aren’t account sharing.

2 Likes

I’m betting you’re right - but they would have no way of knowing.

The only thing I’ve ever heard of happening was when an IP address was logged literally on the other side of the globe. An old guildee had her account suspended because her brother who was deployed in Asia was playing on her account when she was asleep.

Blizzard was able to figure this out because of the IP address difference and the fact that it was impossible to travel that far in the given time between logins.

1 Like

I mean just vote kick and move on, I’ve run into this too the scant few times I’ve queued normal and heroic dungeons. Sometimes they just completely out gear the instance and obliterate it. Other times they don’t and you vote kick to get someone else in that can do the job properly.

There was a guy in here maybe two years ago complaining about getting busted using his macro keys on his keyboard.
“I just tried them out once” or some such nonsense.
The way he described it made me curious about whether the game has a way to detect key patterns and timing.
I mean, theyre trying to hard to catch bots, theyve likely got very observant tools watching accounts for patterns anyway.
Made me wonder if their able to see differences in how two players might play.
My wife is a key banger. Im more about firing off spells with more timing and precision. Can the system pick up on that?
Just a curiosity, really.

If they have completely different playstyles, click at different spots on the screen or have other different habits they can pick out the answer is yes.

Remember when warlock tanks were required for some bosses?

The gold old mage iceblock pull
those were the days.

I never partook in those, but aye, I do remember