Queue abusers

Yeah I think the subscription only covers a single WoW account at a time.

So you could have a family with their own WoW accounts, all under the same Bnet account - but you’d have to pay for x subscriptions, where x is the number of WoW accounts.

That’s not bnet restricted, but account restricted. A person can have 8 accounts on one bnet, and they can all be played at the same time.

As I said, yeah the link that was provided was to the EU. And no where in that page do I find a reference to “wow account” other than in the question it’s self. The answer references the EULA and than they state what I quoted. However, if you link to the EULA from the EU, it takes you to same EULA as the US which as you noted seems to have been expanded. So the net net is it appears that the EU page referenced is out of date and providing misinformation.

But it’s better to do what I did for my children, provide them their own battle.net accounts, as the moment they turn 18, they would have to establish their own accounts and you can’t transfer their characters to them.

Do you have a reference. The only thing I can find that seems to apply to a bnet account (not a particular game account) references “children” and does not state a limit:

Subject to the laws of your country of residence, minor children may utilize an Account established or play a Game installed by their parent or legal guardian upon the parent/guardian’s acceptance of this Agreement. In the event that you permit your minor child or legal ward (collectively, your “Child”) to use an Account or the Platform (including any Game), you hereby agree to this Agreement on behalf of yourself and your Child, and you understand and agree that you will be responsible for all uses of the Account or the Platform by your Child whether or not any particular use was authorized by you.

Right, but once they are adults it is my understanding that they cannot play on the same bnet as you either.

Correct, and even if they establish their own battle.net account, they can’t even transfer their characters either. Get them their own battle.net account.

I believe that is correct as well. But while the children are minors, no limit is stated in the broad EULA that would cover the over-arching bnet account. It’s only when you go into a sub-account/WoWAccount where the limit of 1 child even comes into play.

So you’re assuming and projecting since they said raid tanking. They never specified. Could be LFR for all we know. Hell I “tanked” LFR earlier today as Ret. Was super simple.

That’s cute. So let’s go back to the 25 Guardian Druids who downed H Denny. How did they do that with no DPS and no healers?

Argument isn’t defeated. A healer can tank, so long as they can hold aggro. That’s all it takes to Tank, grab and maintain aggro

ah, does the transfer character function only for for accounts under the same Bnet then? If so then your only option is basically put in a ticket and pray, or they have to start from scratch.

Only issue is 3 others can not attack anything if a DPS is in role of Tank. If anyone else hits the same thing they get damaged. The healer has to over do their job. The Three DPS are cheated out of their roles as they can not do their roles and tend to be kicked for low DPS.
Or the Healer gets kicked for unable to Heal the DPS with the extra damage.
This is the ultimate Troll move over all.

You can transfer between two battle.net accounts, but only if the NAME on both accounts is the same. So assuming the original account was in the parents name, and the new account is in the kids name, won’t be allowed.

Actually that’s what you’re doing, have fun though~

Did they queue for LFR to do so- ah wait, there’s no LFD for Heroic! Woops~ Go stack more int or something and come back, thanks.

Years of posting similar replies in the CS forums :wink: It’s a common question there and has been addressed in hundreds of threads by the CS Blues.

That has absolutely nothing to do with tanking. You’re trying to use LFD vs premade to determine what is defined as tanking.

Tanking is tanking regardless of the content or group composition. If you can grab and hold aggro, you are tanking

1 Like

A lot of the times they will actually come out and say if they are new to tanking. It’s easy to be patient with them because having more tanks in the game is always a good thing.

It’s a lot different when/if players are intentionally abusing the “choose a role” in the LFG dungeon finder as tank role; with the intent of playing a DPS role. I consider it exploitation of game mechanics: Deliberately exploiting the LFG Dungeon finder selecting Tank role for the shorter queue window with intent to play DPS role is not clever use of game mechanics. (the mechanic/mechanism of getting in to those dungeons being the LFG tool)

So I guess they might, if you contacted support, let you setup a second account in your name then change it to the kid’s name. I do believe you can already change the first name associated with accounts, though I imagine that is meant for people who get their name changed.

No as mentioned, if the child is under 13 technically the account needs to be in the parents name, and than when they turn 18 you can change it. But this assumes setting up the account beforehand which is what I’m recommending doing in the first place. My children’s accounts were setup in their names originally, and at 18 all we had to do was submit a request to have the parental controls disconnected from their accounts (along with lots of proof that we owned the accounts). But if you wait until after they’re 18 to setup the accounts, I have a feeling that’s a bit late to be thinking about this.

Right, but if you already had them on wow accounts under your bnet account I am trying to think of how that would be rectified seeing as you wouldn’t want to get in trouble for account sharing with your now 18 y/o kid.

If you know of one that says anything different, or clarifies explicitly from the EULA section below, please link it. <3 I couldn’t find anything.

Subject to the laws of your country of residence, minor children may utilize an Account established or play a Game installed by their parent or legal guardian upon the parent/guardian’s acceptance of this Agreement. In the event that you permit your minor child or legal ward (collectively, your “Child”) to use an Account or the Platform (including any Game), you hereby agree to this Agreement on behalf of yourself and your Child, and you understand and agree that you will be responsible for all uses of the Account or the Platform by your Child whether or not any particular use was authorized by you.

I don’t think what the EULA is accounting for is people setting up full wow accounts under the same battle.net account for their kid. But rather for someone who let’s their young child create a character on their single wow account. Because from a cost perspective, having two wow accounts is the same whether they’re under 1 or 2 battle.net accounts. So if you reach the point of buying a separate account for your child, put it on a separate battle.net account.