Question on Trust Level 3

Yes, I’m not saying a moderator can’t impose an action on a post they come across just because the community hasn’t flagged it. That would be giving too much power to the community over what is and is not an infraction of the CoC. What I’m saying is that the post isn’t automatically brought to the attention of a moderator just because Johnny Awesome decides a post hurt his feelings. The reason I feel it is this way is because of what you said later on, which I agree with;

Hm possibly! CS blues always said no and that it’s a feature they’re looking into. Even a month ago he reinstated that. Be interesting to actually see a forum user retrieve TL3 after being suspended tho!

Maybe I’ll make a post asking for clarification tomorrow at noon.

Those flaggers/reporters are going to end up being the only ones in here if this keeps up.

Idk, maybe that’s what they want. A forum of 5. lol

1 Like

It isn’t much of a deterrent anyway because the rules aren’t enforced fairly on this forum.

I actually don’t agree with your premise, if someone knows they lost it for good then they won’t make as much of an effort to be ‘good’ as if they know they can get it back but it will take them 3 months.

Do you have a source for that because I am pretty sure my other account actually got it back after losing it, I am actually surprised at your discussion.

Well it would mean that you can’t get accused of toxic masculinity if you are a real woman.

To be fair, I read the creator of Discourse’s thread and actions. He believes that essentially, people are beyond redemption. That if someone is suspended once, he “can’t possibly think of a reason why that person should ever receive TL3 again”. He can’t see that someone could get heated, or that an argument could spiral due to intense views, and he feels people aren’t capable of being redeemed after that.

Ever since I read that, I have questioned why Blizzard felt the need to go with this template, considering that feels…really aggressive for no reason.

You’d essentially be commodifying good behavior and putting a price tag on bad behavior. If it was public knowledge that 3 months of good behavior equaled minus one strike on your account, then people could start thinking in terms of “hm, well… this person is a real idiot, and I don’t intend to be posting much on the forums for the next few months anyway, since I’ll be busy with other things. So… insert profanity and ad-hominem attacks here.”

What keeps the bad actors from acting worse in the current environment, then? Probably the fact that repeat offenses can result in penalties of exponential magnitude.

Thats because as long as people never critize Blizzard nothing will happen to them

In fact the majority of opinions which disagree with Blizzard tend to get dowvoted into oblivion

They still haven’t given blues their profile pics yet so I’m pretty sure redeeming TL3 hasn’t been implemented yet. Honestly the only forum change they done recently was moving classic into its own section.

I’m sure you can adopt a platform without having to also adopt the ideology of the original creators behind said platform. Like, if the creator of Microsoft Word came out and said puppies weren’t good for anything but meat in your soup, I would say “wow, that guy sucks… but Microsoft Word is still a damn good software and deserves to remain the industry standard.”

The only way Discourse’s creator’s ideology would impact Blizzard’s stance on community moderation would be if they literally don’t know how to restore TL3 privileges after Discourse takes it away.

That’s quite a negative view of people. I know for me, its a bit of a psychological game with me, see the more good rewards I see for doing the right thing, the more willing I am to do the ‘right thing’.

But I suppose this comes to power and control really doesn’t it…some people say you should do the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing, but to me that’s ridiculous. Sometimes doing the right thing can get you in very uncomfortable situations.

1 Like

In that case I would merely be accused of being brainwashed however. There are a million separate insults or charges that can and will be levied by the unscrupulous in their efforts to dehumanize a person. If one does not work then they merely select another. This is again why I counsel compassion rather than conflict.

If you aren’t posting regularly on this forum then what do you even care if you have T3 ?

I still don’t agree with you because when I lose my T3 on an account over something and others who have done far worse don’t get suspended, I just literally don’t care anymore.

I still think you are a woman, as I believe women are more compassionate than males.

i first got TL3 on this character, then when i was on a different character, i got 72 hour forum ‘silence’ for using implied profanity. the silence affected all of my characters: unlike in the past, i could jump to a different active bnet sub-account and post replies with those characters.

after the silence was lifted, this character was back to TL2 for 90 days and eventually was able to earn back TL3

2 Likes

Because the way it works now, taking a break from the forums for personal reasons is enough to lose TL3. That’s actually how I lost it initially; I went on vacation, didn’t keep up my posting, and came back after a few weeks to find out I couldn’t post the special stuff any more.

So if you know you’re about to lose it anyway in the near future, what’s stopping you from deciding that this would be the perfect time to act out?

This got weird fast…

2 Likes

I understand this. However, I still feel it’s grossly aggressive.

1 Like

I believe both are capable equally of compassion, because my experiences have shown me as much. While I won’t fault you for having that view, I do encourage you to look outside the proverbial box. The world can surprise. It certainly surprises me every day, and in a good way. :slight_smile:

2 Likes