Forum Trust Levels

I’ve read that having had a suspension disqualifies you from level 3, is there a time penalty to it or is it forever?

Because at the start of the new forums, I got suspended for quoting something ‘bad’.
((someone was calling blood troll fashion something inappropriate))

My understanding is it’s permanent, but hopefully someone with better understanding of Discourse or Blizzard’s particular implementation will have a more definitive answer.

If it is permanent, my understanding is that it’s only tied to that character. You can switch to any of the other 49 characters (multiplied by game license) and start over.

3 Likes

The first post in this thread also covers the trust level requirements

Note that an ingame account suspension will keep you from getting TL 3 on any characters associated with the account. I believe the intent was to handle posting character disciplinary actions the same way but it appears to be broken.

We are told that forum posting characters are not related at the account level but some display account wide achievement points while some don’t and some people can select among all their account characters for posting, and some can’t.

That has been identified as a bug and all posting characters should eventually be related to your account for everything.

I would suggest posting this question in the website bug report forum which appears to be monitored by the web developers at least periodically.

Currently it is a permanent restriction. There are a number of updates that we’d like to have though and one of those requests is a means of forgiveness (i.e. with sustained good behavior the penalty may decay/be removed after a time). I’m afraid I don’t have any other details outside of that we’ve discussed the possibility. There are a number of bug fixes and higher priority quality or life improvements that will likely need to happen before that request can be considered though.

Interestingly enough, I don’t show that the previous action is listed against you for level 3 trust. You appear to need to just do a lot of reading still to qualify. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s great news, thank you!

As for the reading… does that mean an active browser window? I have two screens, I always have the forums open while I play, scroll a bit, then return to play and read… does this hinder my ‘reading’ value?

It looks like you have 7.5k posts read, I think 20k is required for trust level 3.

If you click on your avatar’s picture and select “View Activity” then Summery from the screen that coms up it will show how many posts you’ve read.

When you scroll through a thread unread posts will have a blue dot by them, the dot will fade away, any post you looked at long enough for the dot to go away counts, some players actually just scroll through lots of threads, not really taking time to read, just to get enough for the trust level. Some of us just wait.

5 Likes