Question about trust levels

I recently got a forum vacation, however, after I filed an appeal, it was overturned within an hour.

This is no way shape or form contesting or discussing the specifics of what happened to me.

My question is this : Will this overturned forum vacation prevent me from ranking up in trust levels?

It shouldn’t. Also, your trust level shouldn’t be affected since it was overturned.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

I’m fairly sure it does. I mean I’ve been posting here for years, have thousands of posts, but I’m still only trust level 2. I can only assume because I’ve been suspended a couple of times.

2 Likes

this forum is only 6 months old.

anything you posted “years” ago, is irrelevant to your trust level.

4 Likes

So I’ve been posting for 6 months, have thousands of posts. Still can’t post images. Been banned once in that time, for 3 days. What else could be causing it?

i had trust 3

got banned

reset

2 Likes

Does a suspension prevent Trust Level 3 forever? Or is there a time frame where it rolls off your record and you can now earn it?

you haven’t read 20k posts… go try scrolling through a megathread?

if you’ve tried that, and level 3 isn’t working for you within 24 hours, then it will be as a result of the moderation… but “read 20k posts” is a base requirement for level 3, and you’re only at 17k.

4 Likes

Yeah, use your PC. Click an unread megathread, middle click the page and move your mouse down slightly then walk away for 5 mins.

Gone forever afaik, which sucks. I got silenced for having a bad word in a picture a few days ago and now I can never again have pictures. RIP.

i presume you’re back on your way to TL3.

this was the only character i got TL3 on, and i downgraded to TL2 by having a different character get a 72 hour forum silence. only that offending character got a system message informing of the punishment, but all my forum alts got the system message when the silence was over

Side question- If I were to change characters and be super well behaved-would that character be able to reach level 3?

It’s account wide; If you’ve been suspended on one character on an account it effects them all on the same account

it all seems to be character specific at this point, so it wouldn’t hurt to try

you sure about that?
…everything else is character specific.

i don’t see why not. i was doing exactly that on my forum alt but instead that one got a silence, and now none of my characters can ever get TL3

Positive, I’m an example of that, Even though I meet the requirements on quite a few of my characters they are all tied together

On the plus side Blizzard is looking into a forgiveness feature but I’ve yet to see it in writing.

vrak said:

1 Like

I don’t know if this means much but I just checked on this one and she is level 2 and my alt who has never posted is still 0.(in the json page or whatever it is called) So maybe it is individual.

each character has to grind up forum trust levels individually.

but if even one gets a forum disciplinary action (or one from in-game), all characters in the battlenet login can only reach trust level 2 at this moment.

i have four forum characters that are currently at Trust level 2 and many more at trust level 1. the characters i never switch to for forum posting are at trust level 0

as i replied above, this character had trust level 3 but lost it when i was misbehaving on a different character

1 Like