Question about trust levels

All I know is that I tried to get Trust level 3 on an alt and met all the requirements but it won’t let me post pictures or gifs and the .Json shows me at true for trust level 2 but null for trust level 3.

I tried to find the post where a CM said they were looking into a forgiveness for us but I can’t find it right now, Not enough coffee in me I guess, LOL.

So, one 24 hour suspension and you lose or can never gain Trust lvl 3? Sounds fair…

:roll_eyes:

Who came up with this system? Judge Judy?

3 Likes

But my question is, since my suspension got overturned on appeal, is it still going to prevent me from going to trust 3?

no /10char

You will find out when you reach the requirements for Trust lvl 3. If you already had them, then I would open a ticket and ask.

It shouldn’t but I have read that some posted in the CS forum that they had theirs appealed and overturned yet they couldn’t post as a level 3 and the CM looked into it and corrected the error so they could post as level 3.

Lmao; I like this post, Unfortunately this is what it is until they come up with a forgiveness type of thing and also there was mention of the severity of the forum suspension.

For a 24 hour, no. I’ve had a 24 hour and I still have tL3. It all depends on the severity of the offence and how many you have had.

Did you have to earn it back?

You’re allowed up to 5 flags which show up in the same place yours likes and replies to your posts are.

No. It happened just as I was about to get TL3 and within a few days after I was at it.

well, the character that earned the 72-hour forum silence was TL1 at the time, and is currently at TL2.

this character was TL3 and when the account-wide silence ended, it was at TL2

Same happened to me; I believe it depends on the severity of the infraction.

A slap on the wrist gets you a flag and once you get 5 you lose TL3; If you call out someone by name (As was my case it was a 3 day suspension and automatic loss of my TL3.) Same would go for real life threats I would imagine, etc

It’s not prevented forever. I have TL3.

2 Likes

Just found this on another thread; If true then you can regain your TL3:

I’m at almost 36K posts read so I would imagine I will find out in the near future

i’ve never noticed a flag tally on the summary page, especially on the character that got forum silenced.

currently going thru all my forum alts’ summary pages to see if any of them earned flags

The trust level system is lacking in transparency in some respects, and has on occasion been a little buggy.

I was actually on time-out when the new forum launched, but was able to post for a few days until the suspension kicked back in for its original duration.

Despite that, I, the incorrigible and oft-silenced jerk, actually had TL3 for a short time. Even posted in the Super-Secret-Lounge to prove it.

I also logged in one morning to find over a dozen system messages about post removals and one “account on hold” one, but was able to post fine on any other character. The whole thin was then lifted in a few hours, so no idea what that ever was all about.

Some parts of the new forum are quirky, to put it mildly.

2 Likes

I had the same thing happened and was told the temp ban would not affect my trust level since it was appealed.

I never got a flag on my 3 day suspension but I did on an alt but it was overturned but yet the flag still shows on my Like/Reply area for that character.

Yep, No doubt they are quirky.