Questchain mobs for HM Tauren unlock

are way too hard. Why are the mobs level 60? They are supposed to be Legion or beginning of BFA content. My poor paid-boost level 60 has died quite a few times while trying to unlock the Highmountain Tauren.

quests -
Dark Forces - died at least 3 or 4 times before I read on wowhead to let Baine kill Qy’telek and to try to just stay out of the way of the attacks. The other mobs in that quest were also much tougher then they should have been (IMO).

Ice and Shadow (and another that was available with it) mobs also proved impossible for me (died yet again). I’m guessing the next quest (The Darkness) would also have gotten me (well my character) killed. I dropped the two quests since there is no sense having them clog up my quest log.

If this is how it going to be for the other allied races quest chains, I guess I’ll never get to play any of them. :frowning:

the mobs scale. Your 60, so the mobs are scaled to level 60.
Your also wearing level 45 gear. get level 60 gear and youl survive

3 Likes

My gear is what level 60 boosted characters are given so Blizz considers it level 60 gear.

These mobs should not be this tough and they shouldn’t be level 60 (level 50 at most since it is Legion/BFA content, not current end-game).

If you believe it to be an error, then post it in the Bug Report forum. If you think the standard should be changed, then the Quests forum would be more appropriate.

Posting here in the forum for players to assist other players does not get your suggestions to the people you may wish to see them. Neither the Devs nor QA come here to collect data.

If the quest mobs scale, then doing the quests at 60 will make the mobs 60, regardless of your gear score. There really isn’t anything debating it will accomplish. But level 45 gear for a 60 boost seems more of a bug than the mob scaling to be quite honest.

3 Likes

It has been that way since the level 60 boost was introduced. There was a post when the boost came out that detailed what you received and issues with the scaling of mobs during the tutorial scenario.

Link: I paid $60 for a level 60 boost, so I can tell you what it provides

3 Likes

I wasn’t sure where to post since I’m not sure if it is a bug with the mobs scaling or intended.

See, I didn’t check OP’s profile directly. I read what was said as it was ilevel 45, not equip requirement of 45. Which ilevel 45 would have been GROSSLY underpowered, hence my saying bug.

2 Likes

Understandable.

2 Likes