Query: Why not include BGs with release?

People progressing at different rates is how it’s supposed to work. If you are at the top end you farm the content or pvp until the next content bucket. If a content bucket comes out and you are not ready for the next raid then you don’t do it. I’m not sure what the problem is here.

If you start playing Classic 5 years from now on a progressed server why does it even matter. Your experience is going to be exactly the same regardless of how content is released.

Content buckets enhance the experience for the initial playerbase and have virtually no impact on latecomers.

Right but ultimately the long term after every phase is that it will never be repeated.

Or are you asking for continual reset of servers?

And they only want to experience that for the what 3 or so months that exist between classic launch and when BG’s released? Now if they were asking for servers with no BG’s ever, that would be cool.

Compromise:
Have BGs at release but
a) only queueable at BG entrances (as was for a period in vanilla)
b) No honor rewards from BGs until the original BG planned release was to be (open world honor only)

no. it doesnt to get the blue set which is better than some of the MC gear.
and then for the first few grand marshals/high warlords that get that rank it will be quite quick. which is even better than mid aq 40 gear on most of it .

so no it is not that hard to get it at the start.

it will take like 5 weeks to get that gear at the start of it being out.

I mean like I said, I would be cool with everything dropping all at once lol. But I guess we gotta wait.

There’s so much to do in WoW though, I don’t know how people won’t find something to fill their time with.

Lol what? Pretty sure the majority wants time gating. Not having time gating would be one of the worst non-vanilla changes they could possibly make

3 Likes

I guess personally my thing is… If people really like WoW, they are still going to go after that outdated equipment even though much better stuff is available, because it’s part of the game.

technically postposing release of some content lets them release the game earlier, as they can leave working on this content until after the game is already released, then work on the content in order of its intended release. this seems like a logical benefit to me. I would much rather them release the game 4-6 months earlier and leave certain content out of it myself

1 Like

They aren’t including BGs at release? Wow, that is dumb.

Because it’d make a lot of dungeons trivial at 60 and it’d severely impact the raiding scene. All content is equally important in its own way. Just because you want BG’s, doesn’t mean dungeoneers and raiders should suffer.

1 Like

I love how all these people just assume that they’re going to roll over MC in blues the second week because they heard that some other guilds did it. Then that they personally and “everybody” will be chain-pulling their way through BWL, ZG, AQ, and Naxx, each on Day 1 of release.

I mean, it’s true that on pservers, less than a handful of guilds clear these raids within a day or two of release. But those guilds are literally the Methods of the pserver world, and the amount of preparation they do to achieve what they do is pretty insane.

Really hope Blizzard is taking note of these posts and tunes these raids accordingly. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My personal opinion of why they won’t be present at launch is because they haven’t worked on them yet.

Yeah no it was not. At best the epic rep pieces were on par with MC gear, the blue gear was on par with level 60 dungeon gear.

I don’t know if I believe this post from Xecks…

Having an alternate path to gear does not make dungeons trivial.

1 Like

I think BG’s will be available immediately on release. Right now all anyone can do is speculate though.

1 Like

They are currently slated to come in with the second phase along with BWL, so no, we’re not speculating. We have the info.

1 Like

Can you link where Blizzard said that?

Its in the sticky at the top of the forum. It was announced at blizzcon

1 Like