Query: Why not include BGs with release?

Hi all-

What are your arguments to not include BGs at release? It is patch 1.12 and they were out by then, yes? AV, AB, WSG.

Here is a tenable argument I’ve heard: PvP gear is more powerful than PvE gear.

However, it takes forever to get the rank gear, and it also takes a long time to get the faction reputation gear…most of which is blue gear. And sub level 60 as I remember. I know BGs don’t give much experience but they are fun.

I would like to have BGs with release because I want to break up the leveling through quests and grinding mob kills. Back in the day, I played a mage and had a blast doing BGs in each bracket.

Please don’t flag this post, at least until a few people can offer their welcomed opinions.

5 Likes

Naxx was out at 1.12 as well. They’re certainly not going to release all content at launch. Faulty logic, m’friend. They’re trying to follow timeline based on the original progression.

8 Likes

Mostly because a bunch of people complained that they want time gating in classic, despite how much it has always sucked.

2 Likes

But in Vanilla you didn’t earn exp from doing bgs? Is that what you wanted to do? They just don’t seem trivial to be there on release, let people enjoy leveling instead of worrying about farming warsong gulch marks of honor.

2 Likes

I understand why you say faulty logic, but I am arguing that it hurts nothing and this one thing I ask for isn’t OOC for a vanilla classic server. The patch is correct, nothing new is added and, more importantly, to gate BGs (thanks Ziryus) doesn’t make sense…until someone makes a persuasive argument.

1 Like

I started in July/2005 so I always had access to BG’s. I am not sure what it would actually hurt by having access to it and whether the ranking system was in place at launch. If it was, I guess that would encourage WPvP and perhaps some people are looking forward to that environment.

I think it’s just best to try to follow the original timeline as much as possible because some would prefer it that way even if you see no harm in it.

The rank 14 gear in 1.12.1 is almost Naxx quality. They updated the gear in patch 1.9 and it would be much better than anything you get out of raids until the weapons out of AQ. I think thats the reasoning behind time gating BG’s. However, even when they are released the rank 14 weapons are still better than pretty much anything out of BWL.

They would also be idiots to not time gate it. They extend the life of the first round of servers dramatically by time gating content. Why exactly are you against time gating?

1 Like

Hey Charax-

Thanks for the reply. I don’t know bub. The gear that comes from ranking seems months and months away. The faction rep gear that comes from grinding specific BGs is kinda crap by the time you get the actual rep. I think I need to do some more diligence on this to become more informed. Cheerio mate,

1. BGs ruined world pvp
  2. the honor system is complete garbage and blizzard knows this and may be working on a #change
1 Like

Yeah I’m really not worried about the small handful of people every week getting into the rank 14/13/12 levels. A single guild in Naxx will be flooding far more epics into the market.

And if I wasn’t clear I don’t want any time gating of any content. As for why I’m against it, I don’t like artificial time gates that exist solely because someone decided we shouldn’t have X content for Y time. This isn’t the same as vanilla where were actually waiting for something new to be finished.

The content will naturally gate itself, as people have to go through the ranks, or clear previous raids to get up there. For example as I recall you could only go up 1 rank per week in vanilla(even before the max people per rank issues)? And even if naxx was available at launch you would still have to spend how long on lower raids before you could even attempt it?

1 Like

Sequential release of content to preserve the authentic experience of an old product is not the same thing as time gating new content to make it last longer.

If modern expansions were released with all raid tiers and catch-up mechanics in place on day one you might have a point.

3 Likes

/shrug if all raid(and other) content for an expansion was available at release and all we were waiting for was blizzard to arbitrarily decide to release it that would be a valid point.

1 Like

it’s not an authentic experience when we get 1.12 balance and itemization, old raids are already ez-mode at their appropriate ilvl, a few pvp items missing not gonna fix it

If I understand Ziryus, natural gating is enough. I could be wrong, but if what I understand is true, the ebb and flow of how long it takes to get to higher ranks of PvP is probably consistent with how long it takes to get gear from higher raids.

I just want to have fun PvP’ing in BGs as I level.

2 Likes

This ain’t a democracy, dude. No one voted on how content was rolled out.

2 Likes

They’re time gating the content to increase the length of time people stay subbed if they only came back for classic. This is the easiest way to maximize profits from subs.

5 Likes

Not trying to argue with you, but is there any part of classic that you actually like in its current state?

This is presumptive given our history, but are you actually talking to me ?

edit: oh, nvm :slight_smile: i see where you tagged me sorry

edit 2: I will certainly reply, give me a few

Yea Im actually asking. You made an entire post asking for things like flying, arenas, LFD. Im honestly wondering why you even haven an interest in classic. You want to add so many current features that it wouldnt even resemble the original game.

Geeze man. Have you not read the progression of my posts. Have you not seen how I consider opinions and come up with revised lists? No, you haven’t. I’m still going to reply and the irony is that your captain Ahab is ridiculous. Always after my moby dick (book in my hand.) I will reply