Queen Calia Menethil... This made me laugh (Spoilers)

Oh we know you want the whole continent but we all know that will not happen. It is bad enough Tiragarde and Northwatch are allowed to exist still. Soon enough we will make sure humanity can never form in the north again and beat you all the way back to Turalyons throne room.

NO, not at all, especially considering the logistics. I think Turalyon is looking to retaking as much of the Alliance holdings he can considering his comments, but everyone agrees Forsaken get Lordaeron, Southern Silverpine goes to Gilneas, Hillsbrad/Southshore to the Alliance, Plaguelands remains with the Argents and/or Alliance proxies. That was the status quo agreement from the Fourth War basically back to what was the norm during Vanilla save a few changes in some areas.

1 Like

No we go back to Cataclysm status where the Forsaken took all of Hillsbrad, Silverpine, Stromgarde(Galen) and Andorhal. No more humanity. You belong in Stormwind and nowhere else. And if the Argents side with you they are the first to fall.

Sure ask your Pallid Lady and Queen Calia and her Desolate Council for permission on starting the Fifth War.

1 Like

Calia is an usurper and we get rid of her soon enough. No more appeasement or land ceding. The imperialism of Stormwind must end.

I’m genuinely curious what you mean by “imperialism” in this context.

Especially while you’re advocating for expansion of the Horde without a discernable trace of irony.

10 Likes

Well the thing is I’ve conceded defeat years ago because I’ve just made peace with the reality Blizz isn’t interested in the same Azeroth I am.

I want more ground level stories from the perspective of average joes, exploring the mundanities of the fantastical denizens of the Horde and Alliance.

This did afterall purport to be a game about the little guy’s perspective in an epic fantasty war game. Life isn’t all conquest and calamity. That’s part of it naturally and I do feel Blizzard’s arcs should crescendo with over-the-top fantasy claptrap. But I’m fundamentally more interested in the petty day-to-day chores, insecurities and prides that make societies tick.

Which WoW fundamentally doesn’t want to be about because something’s got to justify the in-game cutscene budget and a town hall meeting featuring small potatoes characters you’ve helped isn’t going to get the greenlight over demi-god elf wrestling or dragon fights.

I don’t care if Calia is calling herself Queen or Grand Puba or Empress Sparkles The Good Christian Flesheater.

I’m interested in if Clayton Backston ever got back into gardening. I’d be a million more times interested in helping him get rare plant seeds from across dimensions, time and space than I would helping dragons poorly handle emotions they apparently couldn’t process in untold eons.

But I get that’s apparently not the vibe everyone else is into so I’m here to just MST3K riff on stuff. IE;

12 Likes

The writers made a boo boo.

Calia: I cannot escape the shadows of my past, but I have no desire for a throne. My place is here among you, and I vow to serve all our people.

This dialogue is from the Call to Lordaeron questline from Shadowlands.

If Calia being referred to as a Queen isn’t an error, the writers have some splaining to do.

9 Likes

All alliance nations are build on stolen troll lands.

2 Likes

All troll lands were build from lands liberated by the Titanforged. So if anyone has first dibs it would be them(and if we really want to go back, it would be old gods and then elementals)

I like how Erevien just completely ignored this.

1 Like

And so are two Horde ones retroactively.

[Press X to Doubt]

The Horde’s wave of conquest is led by genuine alien invaders set on colonizing local lands and the plague of undeath (an orc being used by demons). And you’re advocating for a Horde empire, so if I’m being facetious, you’re completely supporting imperialism.

You know, when it happens to correspond with your desires.

Which, granted, is not an unusual human point of view but perhaps one to consider.

For the life of me, I do not know how any of you even pretend to respond seriously to Everien.

I just do not have your patience and grace.

10 Likes

Durotar is the only thing Orcs call their own. The rest of the Horde is Native to Azeroth.

Humans and dwarfs Go back to Northrend. You deseve nothing.

Did the Horde sweep across in a wave of blood? Yes.

Did some of the locals invite them in? Yes.

Did others among the locals greet them with “Loken uden bur”, which probably means “Please remove your spiked boot from my neck” but honestly, the best orc translators can’t figure out the language in 30 years except when it’s convenient for the plot so maybe it was “Colonize me harder, please”? (But context clues indicate it probably wasn’t.) Also yes.

Is Azshara shaped like a giant Horde symbol because of local imperialism and part of an effort to drive off the people who have inhabited it for literally ten thousand years? You know it, baby.

And this isn’t something that happened generations ago, details confused by the mists of time.

Right and wrong in this case is a lot more complicated then I’m handling at 10:30 at night… But there’s definitely a strong streak of (gasp) imperialism in the Horde. Currently, we all seem to be over bloody wars of conquest where we turf out the surviving locals, at least when it comes to plot important civilizations. But I’m really not so convinced that the Alliance is more imperialistic than the Horde… Especially given the past 30 years of game plot.

6 Likes

I mean, I try to avoid responding entirely seriously to anything except very serious things… which the plot of this game ABSOLUTELY is not. But I’ll tug the bear’s tail a little with the best of them.

5 Likes

Calia’s “Queen” title has been removed → https://twitter.com/Portergauge/status/1751531298777346384

11 Likes