Queen Calia Menethil... This made me laugh (Spoilers)

Okay? And what does have to do with a dead elven king who’s not coming back?

1 Like

He will be back. If alliance can have legendary elves so should the Horde.

You missed the part where he’s dead dead and not coming back

1 Like

Why so cruel? :sob: why ?

Perhaps he’ll return in midnight to set things right? One can only dream…

4 Likes

Maybe, but it’s doubtful. SL was likely the last chance if Blizz really was going to anything with the character. But they made stranger choices in the past, so who even knows at this point :wolf:

2 Likes

AU version who’s not a monster?

I mean at this point with their bronze/infinite flight(s) this is basically low hanging fruit.

3 Likes

I could totally get behind that. And it be a good way to essentially retcon the character using a in universe retcon

1 Like

If Vol’jin comes back and Bolvar mr crispy so can Kael.

2 Likes

Vol’jin is in a pod, the first mortal soul to such a thing and Bolvar was raised by the life magics of the red dragons

Kael?

He’s dead

1 Like

No one is ever truly dead in a world full of magic.

Except when they are :wolf:

1 Like

Nah, he’s dead. And good riddence to the traitor, who sold everyone out to the Burning Legion. Nobody needs him to return to the people he betrayed.

Kael’thas turned out to be nothing more than a big flop who got beaten twice.

3 Likes

Says the one stanning a regent with no power beyond his weapon. May the regency come to an end and all traitors put to the blade.

I agree, Lor’themas has been regent long enough. Time for him to be the true and proper king blood elves deserve.

Too late, Kael’thas already got put to the blade. Twice. Because of what a floppy flop he has always been. But sure, we can murder him a third time if you want.

2 Likes

I said only really good part, not the only good part really.

It doesn’t contradict my statement that it was fine. Although it does explain how you want to read what you want to read.

You described the rest as only “fine,” “nothing terrible” and called one part “the only really good one”.

It isn’t my desire to read into your intent, it’s your choice of phrasing.

3 Likes

What are you even saying. You implied I contradicted myself when a middle school child’s reading comprehension could allow one to understand what I said in that I thought it was overall fine, with an emphasis on the part I thought was really good. That means I thought the rest was either below average or inadequate so technically even agreeing with people who have mocked me in this thread.

GRRM recently made a statement about how a lot of social media spaces nowadays are dominated by anti-fans that only want to talk about everything terrible about the media they consume (despite their apparent disgust with it). This thread honestly makes it ring true. It’s as if you cannot possibly comprehend that something having flaws doesn’t make it entirely terrible.

The questline was overall fine. It was short, and could have been done better, but it was OK. The ending cinematic was great. I’d personally consider it perfectly voice acted and rendered. Hope that clears it up.

1 Like

My words were very clear. If you have trouble understanding them, then I cannot really help you.

Incorrect. I stated that if only one part qualified as “good” and the rest was “not terrible”, it hardly seems to be the case that everything else was “fine”. “Not terrible” is hardly even the most basic praise.

I did not say you contradicted yourself. I implied your praise seemed exaggerated, by your own statements.

Ok, so really you just wanted to come here and scold us for not liking the things you like?

Is that what we’re supposed to glean fom your posts? It seems to be the case with some of the disingenuous and axaggerated responses you’ve made towards others’ critiques.

5 Likes

What’s this overly worded “if you’ve got nothing nice to say then say nothing?” Why the attempt at shaming for seeing flaws?

Are you trying to claim legitimacy by association? Because I can’t see any other reason to bring up a legit author other than that old indicator of a weak argument.

I love Star Wars, hands down it’s a universe I greatly enjoy playing in. However it has issues, some that many would agree with me on while others I might well be alone in my beliefs. Me seeing flaws in the stories or universe doesn’t, inherently, mean I hate the setting. I want it to be better.

Most of us, love this setting and want it to be better, we don’t point out these flaws because we want it to fail, we do so out of our love of the Warcraft universe because we want it to be better.

10 Likes

We all love this setting to death. We wouldn’t be so invested in its lore and wouldn’t be regularly posting here if we didn’t. I’ve never stumbled into a fictional universe as rich and awesome as that of Warcraft.

…But we’re also being charged 150 bucks a year just to play the game. If you’re being charged 150 bucks a year just to play a game you’re heavily invested in and said game doesn’t live up to your (legitimate) expectations but you’re STILL willing to lower your standards by virtue of a No Negativity In The Dojo policy—well, I don’t know what to tell you.

Blizzard especially doesn’t get to complain about this given their very aggressive player retention marketing strategies.

12 Likes