Queen Calia Menethil... This made me laugh (Spoilers)

No. No, it isn’t.

There are MANY important plot points in this setting and expecting every single one to have massive content drops on the level of expansion-level development is just some level of delusion that can only be expected from people who post here.

A Gilneas reclamation is certainly not expansion-level content. It’s not even midpatch content. It’s side content just as we got. The zone should hopefully be updated over time and if it involves the player, all the better.

1 Like

Genuinely ridiculous take. The loss of Gilneas was literally the narrative starting point of the Worgen as a playable race. Worgen players, who were always denied a racial hub of their own that appealed to their Gothic Werewolf fantasy, spent the last 15 years anticipating and asking for its restoration. Saying the reclamation of Gilneas doesn’t even deserve to be midpatch content is insane.

You’re actively participating in making the game worse by keeping your standards that low.

13 Likes

Uhh… yes it was.

This isn’t even really contestable. For the Worgen as a species, reclaiming Gilneas was their main objective.

8 Likes

It doesnt matter.

This is being weighed against far more important plot points, either through impact (plot relevance) or recency (new expansion lore) and it would have never been an objective unless expansion content directly involved Gilneas.

If you wish to be naive so be it. You’ll just continue to be disappointed that Blizz isnt allocating expansion-level resources to whatever fringe content your heart yearns for.

The expansion was basically over when the reclamation quest was announced. No reason for it to be as ill conceived as it was

Your response is just more nonsense garbage to justify blizzs extremely subpar writing

10 Likes

Thing is, no plot point is inherently relevant/irrelevant. No plot point is inherently fit or unfit for MSQ. It is the writers who decide what plot relevance is and what an expansion is about lol. Spending two expansions building up the Nelves’ new world tree and retirement village was a choice. Dedicating 15 minutes of a mid patch to the resolution of the Worgen’s main plot beat was a choice. They get to decide which stories they want to tell, and so they expose themselves to backlash if those don’t align with the expectations of the playerbase.

If your expansion is about something no one asked for and no one frankly cares about (as was the case for SL and arguably DF), and the narrative nature of this main plotline you chose forces you to relegate a historical fan request to the status of a botched side quest, then you chose poorly. Period.

11 Likes

Just to add Gilneas hardly needed a “midpatches” worth of content either to be effective. Something in line with Wrath’s battle for Undercity would have worked; showing more of the build up to the invasion, letting more major character have the spotlight for cool moments etc… Once the actual battle part starts it doesn’t last much longer then the one for Gilneas does. There’s just a lot more meaningful context around it.

Gilneas didn’t need to be a new daily questing zone or have a mega dungeon etc… It just shouldn’t have felt like a narrative afterthought. Like something the devs were obligated to wrap up before leaving the faction conflict behind instead of something they wanted to make because it would’ve been cool.

9 Likes

Blablabla the writing was fine and the ending cinematic was perfect. You just didn’t like how short it was, which is a very valid opinion to have btw. Never said otherwise.

But you’ll always set yourself up for disappointment. I suppose how you spend your time is up to you.

Deeply unserious response that I’m not wasting my time or energy on it any longer

7 Likes

You just trolling now.

12 Likes

I can’t say that it looks like blizzard put a major effort into this quest chain. On the other hand, everything else got nothing at all, there was no other plot advancement. And it certainly is the kind of stuff that blizzard does to patch up things from the past, which blizzard usually just ignores altogether.

There was nothing serious about this childish conversation anyway, and let me let you in on a little secret. Whatever you and whoever half dozen people who share your opinion here have negligible impact on Blizzard’s decision making regarding resource allocation so anything you post here is pointless.

It was fine. It did what it set out to do. Nothing earth shattering. Nothing terrible.

Only really good part was the ending cinematic. Got me to tear up. Probably cause it reminded me of my late father.

… when it was over …

6 Likes

It was sooo bland, that for me when I was doing it I was listening to a song and it was more interesting than the actual quest line. And that part with the rats? :shushing_face:

You sumarize it good, it only got good when I was already back in valdrakken

If your highest praise is “the only good part was the finale,” it hardly sounds like your initial premise of “the writing was fine” holds true, friend.

9 Likes

Comes off as

“The sickness was fine. The best part about having the sickness was when it was cured.”

11 Likes

Calia can go to hell.

Getting back Kael’thas and exiling Bob.
Reclaimed Kezan.
Other half of Silvermoon rebuild.
Getting rid of the Horde council.
Helping Sylvanas in her fetch mission.

That’s the stuff I would care about.

Gilneas is just another enemy.

Gentle reminder that Kael is dead and not coming back.

2 Likes

Reminder that Vereesa, Alleria and Valeera are traitors who stan human potential.