Q'onzu Was a Disappointment

Yeah.
Wolfboi declared war on Elune.
They brought him back around.
What makes you think slightly annoying owl god is worse than wolfboi?

Yeah, but saying the Emerald Dream belongs to the Night Elves because they’re the only playable race with a strong connection to it, is like saying the Shadowlands belong to the Forsaken because they’re the only playable race with a strong connection to it, being undead.

1 Like

Counterpoint: Night elf aesthetics are the best and should be used more, not less.

Except they aren’t. That would also be Night Elves.

3 Likes

I’d say don’t hold your breath waiting… :slight_smile:

It’s not so much as directly stated, but it’s very much shown – as per Moonkin masses flocking to Q’onzu and acting as his followers, spies and loyalists.

Not in the ownership sense, but it’s very heavily Night-elf themed.
Anyone with eyes can see that.

However -

Some stuff like the rune-stones and Moonwells — One could argue the Night Elves were inspired by the Dream and not the other way around, however there’s also quite a bit of Night-Elf architecture & buildings too, so … Yeah. :grimacing:

Providing some token head-nods to other druidic race architectures would’ve been delightful – even if Night Elves were favoured more, however given on the Emerald Dream lore details the fact that Freya shaped the dream: It would’ve been far more appropriate to have Titanforged Ulduar-themed buildings around than that which is heavily leaning to the Kal’dorei. :person_shrugging:

As per what I’ve written above, this statement is outright laughable. :joy: :joy: :joy:

I mean okay fair; sure – It’s meant to be.
But from what’s shown & reflected? … No, it’s an embarrassing narrative to push.

2 Likes

No this is a false equivalence, cause the night elves are actually culturally tied to and draw upon the emerald dream, where as we saw in the shadowlands the forsaken have nothing to do with the Shadowlands, the difference is obvious.

3 Likes

It’s a shame blizz never tied the forsaken and maldraxxus together. Would have been cool to see the forsaken learn True Necromancy so they can solve their population issue

3 Likes

Well.

To be really fair, the portion of the emerald dream we visit was meant to become a night elf place later, so maybe they were just already building their stuff.

Though moonwells are made to worship elune, so maybe other elune worshipping entities also do those.

That’s kind of a copout excuse though.
They planned on bringing Amirdrassil from the Emerald Dream into Azeroth from the get-go — So could’ve had different architecture, features & such for the Dream then just added the Night elf buildings etc in the Azeroth version.

To some extent they did that anyway, but it just went from a particular degree of Night Elf stuff to a much higher amount of it when it came into the Ohn 'ahran Plains.

2 Likes

Now, I might be wrong, but considering the Forsaken literally turned towards Maldraxxus to get help in reclaiming the Undercity, I think one can argue their connection to the Shadowlands is growing to become more of a cultural aspect for them. Granted if Blizzard were wise they wouldn’t go that route, and would try to have as little to do with the Shadowlands going forward as possible.

Bit of a shame the expansion was so awful though. Maldraxxus was pretty cool.

To be fair, it was a one time moment. And in that same quest we also learn that any cosmic force can use necromancy to raise people

So there’s that to consider

2 Likes

They only turn to them to help solve the blight. It’s not that deep. It’s not a strong tie at all. They just go to seek help from Marileth.

3 Likes

Even then, I think it’s only Calia that goes? Although the game probably wants you to see her and the forsaken as one and the same (uuugh), because the meta purpose of that questline was all about reaffirming her identity as undead. It wasn’t really trying to tie anything from the Shadowlands to the forsaken, but her instead.

3 Likes

Voss went as well. It still baffles me that when presented with the opportunity to go to the very origin of the Plague of Undeath and the birthplace of necromancy… not a single member of the Forsaken’s hierarchy is jumping at the chance. Faranell, Velonara, Belmont, or Hecular for some reason just don’t want to see the very birthplace of the power that made them undead? Just wild to me.

1 Like

Q’onwho?

A one time thing does not make it a culturally thing, and it certainly wont be going forward since the way to the shadowlands is closed

1 Like

tbf to that, we already had seen some of the other cosmic forces being able to raise beings into undeath. We see the AU Shadowmoon Clan do that with the void. We see AU Gul’dan use Fel magic to bring back Mannaroth as an undead demon. On the broken shore we also see skeletons being raised by fel magic and of course, Calia with the Light after the gathering incident.

One could also consider the infested orcs that made up part of the Primals as life creating undead. Although it is more like controlling a puppet than true undeath. That line that any cosmic force can raise the dead in some way was just confirming what we already suspected from the examples listed above.

3 Likes

What.

NO.

Every race dies.
four or five races worship death in some way, be it by ancestor worship, or Bwonsamdi.

Only ONE SINGLE RACE was bound to the Emerald Dream itself.

This is the wildest, dumbest lie you’ve told in a long time.

1 Like

calling it “nelven” is the bigger lie. that the night elves have a uniquely stronger connection to the dream was categorically never in question. solarion’s argument is broadly true. the dream does not “belong” to the night elves, and it never has

3 Likes