PVP System Changes are listed here, and the PTR for Classic Era PVP is up. GREAT CHANGES

Raid bosses always drop loot, there are people who you need to share with for sure, but gearing up in Raid is 100% going to happen, and its almost pain free.

The hardest thing about raiding in Classic is showing up with consumes and world buffs.

NPC’s and bosses typically do not try and Chain CC / cross CC me, nor do they try and dispel all must buffs and interrupt all my casts, or heal themselves back to full.

Gearing up in PVP while can be done on a casual kinda schedule; is more challenging than gearing in Raid where loot is 100% going to happen because the guild you’re in wants to progress and that means they need to gear you (even if its not BiS)

1 Like

That is not going to be true at the higher ranks FYI. The new system still has decay. The difference is that if decay would cause you to de-rank, then you no longer de-rank.

150K per week for 5 weeks won’t yield the same results as getting 750K in a single week.

1 Like

That’s only correct if you’re only thinking on an individual level. But you also have to account for the combined effort of the 39 other ppl including tanks and the raid leaders who have more involved roles.

you’re not wrong that loot always drops from bosses, but it might not actually go to u (as an individual). while in pvp, once u do get ur rank thers no RNG involved. you can wait weeks to get ur gear from raid praying to RNG. In pvp, ur waiting weeks too but instead of RNG, u have a harder but predictable grind. so its supposed to be a wash in that sense. if pvp gear (or pve gear) was significantly easier without any trade off, then the other playstyle will suffer for it.

1 Like

I have geared many characters in Raid, and I have geared characters in PVP.

The PVE method is just easier and way less painful; especially when you’re not playing a Mage / S-Priest, for example when playing a healer or melee.

again you’re not accounting for the efforts of the 39 other ppl including tanks and raid leads. without them, you have no raid at all, and one of the biggest reasons why those tanks and raid leads exist is because they’re not pvping instead.
in pvp, the only real comp u need is healers and maybe the druid for wsg. and even that it’s mostly optional. even winning in pvp is optional.

1 Like

what this guy said

Sounds like 6 months of solo queuing for Alterac Valley should get me to R14.

Ill take it.

2 Likes

No, because there’s still decay. If you don’t outpace decay, you won’t rank up.

It all depends on what they set the actual numbers at, but assuming the decay at rank 13 is close to the honor cap: you’re going to need to get 750K/week (or extremely close to it) for at least 2 weeks in a row when you make your final push.

750k ? that’s too much people has a life. I vote 400k

Then the participation isn’t going to be there. If you think I’m going to que for wsg under the new system, ever, you’re only kidding yourself. Those wait times for wsg /ab are going to be sky high if they happen at all. There is literally no incentive to being farmed under the new system, so those pre-made groups aren’t going to be hitting 750k every week either. Pre-made vs pre-made in wsg doesn’t produce enough honor per hour short of win trading. Since decay has been nerfed AV weekend and AB weekend will become progression weeks. During wsg and off week no reason to pvp at all.

1 Like

Your not very good at math. You’re also not taking into account that there is no incentive to get farmed in wsg or ab under the new system. After this realization sets in with the masses, all you’re going to have is pre-made vs pre-made in wsg and ab. Those games tend to take a very long time. Honor per hour won’t be there. AV it is “easy” to push 100k honor in a day and 200k honor per day on AV weekend even if your team is losing half the games. Although I have little doubt that the pre-mades will start win trading within the first couple of weeks.

Not everybody is a pvp adverse loser like you that cant stand to lose a game to a premade and would rather skip 2 entire weeks of pvp progression to avoid premades.

Premades have been going full blast since battlegrounds opened and never stopped. And just the same there were always pugs.

2 Likes

I have no desire to join a pre-made or be farmed by people in Naxx gear. That doesn’t determine whether I’m good or bad at the game. Ranking also has nothing and never did have anything to do with skill level. Time has always been the only determining factor. All by the way I’ve done the grind to rank 14 during vanilla when it was really hard. Also rank 13 twice since. I’d bet the house that I’ve done more pvp in general and more pre-made vs pre-made pvp than everybody posting on this topic. So yeah I’m not pvp adverse, However, I am adverse to mismatches.

2 Likes

Ok, just because you’re not willing to premade or fight better geared players doesn’t mean everyone else in the community is like you.

The participation will be there, with or without the people afraid of premades

Lololol, i HIGHLY doubt this just based on everything you’ve posted

3 Likes

There are some but one side whether it is Horde or Alliance is going to have long wait times for wsg. It will depend who has more pre-made groups. You’ll get good numbers the first couple weeks until people realize it isn’t worth it. What will remain is win trading in wsg and ab. Only actual pvp that will happen is in AV.

1 Like

Wsg and ab queues are never more than 10 minutes currently, usually like 3 mins.

Av is hardly even “pvp”

You’re delusional

Does it make you that mad that I value my time and won’t bother pvping during wsg week and off week?

I dont care what carebears do

But you’re trying to make the claim that because YOU personally are a whimp about premades that everyone else is too

Pvp will thrive when this change comes out, with or without the fragile egos participating

“Currently” The New System completely changes the dynamic. Only goal will be that magic number of 750k or whatever blizz settles on. Your emotional discomfort with how people achieve that isn’t of concern. So you best start making plans to win trade now if you’re serious about ranking a pre-made.