WoW Charity Pet Program $500,000 USD Goal Reached – Bananas Unlocked!

Thanks to all your generous donations to Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), we’ve reached the $500,000 USD goal and Bananas, the Monkey has been unlocked to everyone playing modern World of Warcraft. Bananas is now available for free from within the Blizzard Shop.

Unlocking Bananas means we’re halfway to the stretch goal of unlocking the new pet Daisy, the Sloth! If $1 Million USD is donated by April 26, 2021, Daisy will be available to hop on your back and travel around Azeroth. More details on the WoW Charity Pet Program and how to donate can be found here.

20 Likes

Personally I think was a great idea putting it in the store for free instead of just mailing it to every player this way those like me who only wanted one now don’t have to worry about either trying to sell it or my level 25 I already own.

4 Likes

I feel like I missed a step somewhere. I redeemed it. The shop now shows I have it. Pet greyed out in game still. Logged out, logged in again. Still don’t have Bananas. :\

Can someone who got the pet tell me what I need to do?

Best way to claim pet and ensure you received it:

1. Exit game
  2. Use the shop in the BattleNet app to claim the pet
  3. Go into your retail folder and delete your cache folder
  4. Log in and you should get a pop up telling you that you received pet!

Y’all are awesome! Keep it going for a great charity!

11 Likes

I claimed it through the Bnet app shop outside of the game. I deleted my cache folder, then booted up the game and it shows as there.

I’d suggest exiting the game and deleting your cache.

1 Like

So- as someone who already HAS Bananas (got lucky in the TCG) is there another gift I can select? Otherwise, this seems a little flat for me. And yes, I donated generously because we always do.

4 Likes

no, this was the gift.

if you don’t want it, claim it and cage it to sell later

2 Likes

If you’re having trouble claiming your pet, try the following:

• Completely exit the game by closing the WoW client – don’t just log out of your realm.
  • Restart the game by pressing the PLAY button in the Battle.net launcher.

Once you’ve logged into the game, Bananas should now be appearing in your pet collection.

3 Likes

I’ve tried all this, and no matter what I do, despite the shop saying that I’ve already claimed the gift, it is not appearing in game for me. :frowning:

1 Like

sorry but this doesnt work…so do you plain to fix this?

Seems those who are still having issues had to completely exit and wait a bit. I’m sure it’ll show up or get fixed.

1 Like

waiting 30mins so far and what a shock still no pet.

1 Like

Try fully closing bnet or restart your pc if your not sure how.

yep did all that, logged out of Bnet closed it completely waited 10mins opened bnet logged back in clicked play selected toon no pet.

I think this is absolutely amazing that we are a community can come together to help those in need.

2 Likes

and yet blizzard still cant get stuff to work correctly lol

1 Like

Maybe it is like the I wish it was burning tree mount which took several days for everyone to get one the blue post did say it could do that just because you claimed it doesn’t mean you get it right away just means your account is flagged to receive one.

There was no testing of this, so yes, bugs will happen. Just have to be patient.

2 Likes

you do know blizzard never fixes bugs right? you know how many bugs are still in SL that blizzard knows about they have videos and pictures of and still havent been fixed.