I did not get Bananas

Normally when you “buy” a pet it shows up right away, but I will give it an hour and see what happens. Thanks.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

there have been multiple reports of people with an existing Bananas not getting the free one after claiming it …but a lot of people with the existing one have also been able to claim the freebie without issue.

I clamed this over 20 hrs ago from the store, logged into my game and no Bananas. Came to the forums, followed the blue posts instructions about clearing my cache, restarting my pc and logging in again. No Bananas. I already had a level 25 of him, so I caged it, logged out of the game totally, cleared my cache again, restarted the launcher and game, still not there. So I relearned my level 25 one and repeated the process…nada. I have exited the game totally and logged back in over 20 times since then and my ticket was answered a few hrs ago telling me there have been some minor delays and to restart my game to receive Bananas…well have done that multiple times so obviously it isn’t working. All my friends got it as soon as they logged in.

That sucks. My guess is they “forgot” that some people might already have this pet and didn’t code accordingly. I didn’t see the blue post. Is it here in this forum?

Already did that, multiple times. It’s even in this thread.

Well I logged off for 2 hours and the Level 1 Bananas is there! I hope you got yours as well Skyblaze.

3 Likes

Still waiting for mine, it’s been 24 hrs since I claimed it :confused: and yes I’ve done all the suggestions

I am in the same situation as you and the last ticket response I got was totally bizarre so I have to try again. Has been 36 hours for me.

Here you go for someone that needs a laugh. I have no idea what he is talking about ‘restoring’ at all. I question what country these people operate out of sometime.

They operate out of Texas and California. Blizzard does not outsource their Customer Support.

There may have been some confusion on the GM’s part if you already had a Bananas pet and caged it in an attempt to remove issues with receiving the new one.

As is noted at the end of your ticket reply, please contact them again if you are still having issues.

Just be sure to explain that the caged Bananas is your original previously owned pet. You need assistance with claiming and receiving the new one.

5 Likes

I had explained all that - the first guy told me I had to wait 24 hours.

Having to make 3 tickets/contacts for this is ridiculous. The last one I linked the thread in this forum, gave them a screenshot of the email I received saying to claim it and reiterated I am in the same position as other people who previously had bananas and they have gotten the charity pet as well.

I will not be surprised if I again received a nonsense answer.

That response almost seems like he had two tickets open at the same time and responded to me instead of someone else.

you should only have needed to open one.

if after the 24 you still didn’t receive the pet, you should have re-opened the original ticket.

all this junk… not needed.

stick to basics.

when you were posting about this yesterday, trying to get a basic and direct answer from you was… infuriating.

keep it simple.

only mention what is relevant.

what happened on the forum, isn’t relevant to the ticket.
what happened to other people, isn’t relevant to the ticket.
screenshots aren’t needed.

all you need is:
“I owned Bananas prior to the promotion. I claimed the free Bananas, but did not receive it”

8 Likes

I reopened the original ticket because I got the response a few hours before the 24 hour period. So ALL of that is on the ticket.

I started out simple but when I get response that indicate they don’t have a clue I have to keep adding more.

because you weren’t even reading what I said - you totally ignore my post, even though you responded to it and asked me to repeat myself.

Nope…still waiting :frowning:

I think all these ‘suggested’ fixes people were saying bugged the game for you and me. I just renamed my cache folder, I am going to use the original one and see if things change. It maybe the game needed something in that cache folder.

JUST because I thought I did not receive Bananas I will make the following suggestion. I thought I had everything checked in the filters. Turns out, in the type of pet, I did not have check all. I had it set to magic. So it was only showing me magic pets.

Once I realized this, I saw I already had him from when I claimed him.

This may or may not be pertinent to you Dedeyn or Skyeblaze, but I just wanted to throw it in here, just in case it happened to somebody else.

I am positive I checked all my filters yesterday, but alas I did it again today, and I had overlooked that one.

5 Likes

The game remakes the cache folder if it isn’t present when it launches. Deleting or renaming that folder will not break your game and is a standard first trouble shooting response that you will get if you contact Blizzard. It is a Blizzard suggestion NOT made up by anyone on the forums.

5 Likes

nothing which has been suggested to you, has the ability to “bug the game”.
they’re basic trouble-shooting steps.

i can see in the armory that Dedeyn has no Bananas
Skyblaze is showing their level 25 one

as the pet is added directly to the collection, another consideration is the quantity of pet slots available… i’m not sure how the game would react if there’s not enough slots to add it directly to the collection.

5 Likes

I am not sure what the cache does but there is something common to Skyblaze and me that is causing problems.

In any case, they acknowledge it was a bug at least. I was never sure if we were supposed to actually receive one or not. I guess we wait.

1 Like