PvP Rewards and Item Levels

The achievement for 5000 conquest (Forged through Conquest: Shadowlands Season 1) will take 10 weeks to complete. This is a really long time to wait before we can get a PvP weapon.

Is there any chance we can get the amount of conquest required lowered for this?

49 Likes

10 weeks for a PVP weapon, seems a little crazy. Very interesting design, and would be interested to see the reasoning behind it. A suggestion is lower the requirement for the achievement so you can get it in 3-4 weeks.

Oh by, more time gating!

JUST WHAT THIS EXPANSION NEEDS

HOW ABOUT YOU JUST LET US PLAY THE GOD DAMN GAME?!?!

23 Likes

I’m still processing this and not jumping to conclusions. If I’m understanding this correctly, you’re more than likely getting 2 pieces of gear per week. 1 from the vendor that costs 525 and banking on a 2nd from the vault? The downside to this is that this’ll push players to jump into raid and M+ in the early weeks to get an edge.

Is there any chance to at least be able to raise the cap based on your current PvP ranking?

2 Likes

S T O P

T I M E G A T I N G.

And you wan’t to charge the oceanic community more for sub in a week? the servers can barely handle the load and you’re just squeezing every dang cent out of us.

Grubs

18 Likes

Thank you for the follow up!

“Finally, you should not have to wait for Conduit upgrades. Conduits appear at higher rank on the vendor automatically when your rating increases.”

Does that mean if you buy a conduit, get a higher rank, you have to re-buy the conduit (with Conquest?) and can’t just upgrade with Honor?

1 Like

Like 8-10 weeks, you get an item from your weekly chest once a week too.

This wouldn’t be a problem if the secondary stats on PVP gear were resilience.

7 Likes

They want everybody who does PvP to raid and do mythic+. And of course the people who used to subscribe to do bgs are being kicked into the ditch.

Get on it.

6 Likes

Do you recall what the prices were on the items in general? I was just searching it up and Wowhead has the cost of the weapons at 4k conquest anyway…
Even off pieces like wrist they have at 1200 conquest points which is 3 weeks of farming…surely those values are wrong right?

i feel like it should be just like it use to be with 1 item per week and 2 weeks for weapons

1 Like

I won’t jump to conclusions just yet. Would be interested to see if weapons could come from the great vault or not as well.

2 Likes

I 100% agree and I wish pvp power or resilience came back. But at the moment its vers and some pvp gear is BiS for pve. Vers is especially good for tanks also.

This is at an entirely whole new scale of time that has never been in the game in wod or mop, 10 weeks to get your weapon, 2 months? 2 months??? There is absolutely no excuse for this, if you want to be competitive you HAVE to spam m+ or the new raid to get Weapons or other items at a high enough ilvl.

2 Likes

This is awful and stupid

2 Likes

God forbid people like wow for arenas and BG’s instead of raiding and doing dungeons all day for gear. There’s more than one way of playing the game. Sure some items can be supplemental but if you just want to spam arenas youre basically not allowed to play the game how you want. Not fun to wait weeks already being stomped by people with unlimited time on their hands to grinding mythics and raids. Also that’s 8 weeks assuming you get the gear you need which is not going to happen. The system is good the numbers are off.

11 Likes

Cap is way too low, 10 weeks until you can purchase a weapon?

4 Likes

So if I want to play arena at a competitive level over the next few months I have to raid. Int and Stam way out value vers atm raid gear will be king.

Rings and cloaks are 525 conquest, chest and big items are like 875, medium items like trinkets are 700. You can look at the vendor in oribos and see all the prices, its been there for a while.

this needs way more per week for cap… at least double or this is ridiculous.

1 Like