PvP Rewards and Item Levels

Hope we can finally get some pvp beta testing done!

3 Likes

make the cap scale based on your rating please

3 Likes

rating should = more conquest. how did you guys get this so wrong

6 Likes

We’ve never been able to spam conquest. This isn’t anything new, it’s par for the course.

1 Like

In BfA, we were able to acquire conquest gear from unrated PvP up to an item level of 460, with 475 being considered the highest end gear. There was also scaling in place.

In SL, the maximum possible item level obtainable from unrated play appears to be 197-200 where 226 is considered the highest end gear. The scaling system has since been entirely removed.

That’s a difference of 15 item levels with scaling in BfA to 26-29 item levels with no scaling in SL.

Does each item level mean less in SL than it did in BfA or is this a deliberate widening of the power gap between unrated and rated players? If so, what is the reason?

8 Likes

10 weeks to unlock the ability to buy a weapon and you can only buy one of the cheaper pieces of gear per week with 550 conquest. Once you run out of those you’ll go 2 weeks until you can get a piece of gear. What were you thinking? Did you not want PvP to be a viable method of gearing?

8 Likes

This is funny because blizzard can’t win here, if they increase conquest cap then the raiders will complain they have to pvp to do mythic raiding, if they make it low then pvpers complain they have to raid and M+.

They did nerf raid drops too btw, just 3 items per mythic boss for 20 people. There are no coins anymore.

I think they did this in WoD too? Maybe also MoP? I can’t remember exactly. It’s basically “noob protection”. The better players know to upgrade the weapon first, but a newer player doesn’t and would be handicapped for a long time because of it if they choose wrong.

550 a week boys

1 Like

ANYTHING higher than this would’ve been at least bareable. 1000 maybe?

2 Likes

mfw

msg to short

No. Why? 10 char

I think 750 a week would be better, but I also think you should add dynamic increases to the cap based on rating like in the past.

Reward your top-end PvPers Blizzard!

yikes? You guys just make the strangest decisions

2 Likes

time to log out until week 10 i guess, no point in playing at the moment it looks like.

3 Likes

This is what my mind wants to say since I’m familiar with it. But I guess at the end of the day increased ilvl is probably a better reward than a larger cap.

To me it all depends on costs, I can’t recall what the costing was on the items and how many weeks it will take for each item.

No… no there isn’t.
Each boss drops 2 items, and there are 20 people there.

We can’t choose what drops (you can buy what you want) and we can’t trade it unless it’s an ILVL downgrade which won’t happen anytime soon.

Waiting 10 weeks for a weapons feels pretty bad. Will definitely have heroic weapons by then… another season of spamming M+ to gear for PvP it seems…

2 Likes

It was looking good before but this means it’s going to take 10 weeks to get a weapon. Why is it so bad to let people gear through pvp and be on the same level of people that pve?

5 Likes

550 conquest a week seems really low, how long will that take for a full set of gear?

20+ weeks?

3 Likes