Class Tuning in Progress -- April 19

We’re currently working on a pair of class adjustments, with the intent of making these changes during scheduled weekly maintenance (Tuesday, April 19 in this region).

Hunter

• Survival
    • Wildfire Cluster (Runecarving Power) explosions now deals reduced damage when striking beyond 8 targets.

Warlock

• Destruction
    • Inferno (Talent) now has a reduced chance for Rain of Fire to generate Soul Shard Fragments when it deals damage beyond 5 targets.

In both cases, we’re deliberately making changes that will not affect either spec engaging with fewer than 8 targets. In the case of Survival Hunters, we want the Wildfire Cluster to remain an excellent Legendary choice in AoE situations, with damage that is more similar to other AOE abilities. For Destruction, we’re focusing on the synergy between Inferno and Rain of Fire that leads to a dramatic increase in damage with target count due to resource generation.

We’ll have the final changes noted in our hotfixes update next week.

9 Likes

Ah, so it seems Survival being good wasn’t a design choice, it was a bug.

22 Likes

Warriors need some serious help please.

31 Likes

Are we entering the nerfs not buffs phase? Cause, uh, I’ll take another buff on my BM Hunter please.

21 Likes

Give us void elfs a high elf race now pls.

2 Likes

Thanks for the adjustment. For future iterations - any chance in buffing underperforming specs rather than nerfing the better ones?

21 Likes

It’s necessary. You can’t get rid of the outliers by raising everyone to their level. You want to push both ends towards the mean.

6 Likes

I think war needs buffs almost across the board.

16 Likes

These kind of sweeping changes are proof we need Creation Catalyst as soon as Mythic unlocks.

If Blizzard is making changes that prevent characters from timing keys that they had timed earlier in the season, they’re basically creating an exploit early / exploit often scenario that undermines the legitimacy of M+ and the game itself. Blizzard needs to get tier bonuses into more players hands earlier to start getting aggregate data and tuning earlier before ilvl rises high enough that these types of changes make keys previously timed untimeable for those same players.

8 Likes

Can we get any additional details on how the Soul Shard generation will be reduced beyond the 8 target count for modeling purposes?

Hi warrior here, just wondering about our ST?

13 Likes

blood DK single target when?

2 Likes

So much for SV hunter. They finally put the spec in line with other monster DPS specs, and nerfed it in less then a month.

Need boomkins, mage, sub rogue, and other top tier dps that’s on top since launch

4 Likes

Pretty silly nerfs IMO since destruction and survival aren’t even huge outliers in the last week of WCL data. Subtlety still sitting above them both, yet isn’t touched.

Surely you guys have better adjustments on the table, like buffs to make other actually-outlying specs feel competitive perhaps?

8 Likes

Now reduce catalyst cooldown please… 3100 io and I still have 0pc (crafting 1 pc right now would be pointless and might be wasted if vault gave some tier for once). Let us unluckers have fun, its been long enough.

5 Likes

Just to make sure, you’re aware that WCL does not have damage statistic for M+, right?

The statistics are for points. The only thing it means is that Subtlety is running slightly higher keys, which can be tied to a lot other things than damage.

2 Likes

I agree in this case that SV and Destro scaled too well in M+, particularly with large pulls.

However, there are loads of bad specs in M+ that could have used a bump. Arms Warriors, Outlaw Rogues, Unholy DKs, Arcane mages…the list goes on.

where are my ARCANE BUFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS???

3 Likes

wE cAnT bUfF tHiNgS cOrReCtLy , sO jUsT nErF tHe BeSt SpEcs. these arent even good nerfs either but i bet the devs are patting themselves on the back still

11 Likes

It appears that 75% str with 95% uptime is ok while also doing more healing than a healer.

1 Like