Mage Tower Availability Extended and Tuning Adjustments

We are currently in the process of deploying hotfixes (some of which have already gone live) to bring about the following groups of changes to the Mage Tower portion of Legion Timewalking:

• The Mage Tower will remain open for play for an additional two weeks beyond the originally scheduled two weeks.
    • This will be in addition to all other events already scheduled on the calendar.
    • The Mage Tower will now close with maintenance the first week in January 2022.
    • The in-game calendar will not reflect this change until it is updated at a later date.
  • We intend to make several targeted adjustments and bugfixes to enchants, gems from Burning Crusade Heroic Dungeons, and trinkets that come from Legion Timewalking.
    • Some of these changes have already gone live, such as the adjustments to the Endless Tincture of Renewed Combat and the Crusader weapon enchantment.
  • Several specs’ Mage Tower encounters are being tuned to ease the level of difficulty:
    • End of the Risen Threat Encounter
      • Corrupted Risen Mages now wait 1 to 2 seconds before they can start casting Arcane Blitz.
      • Corrupted Risen Mage’s Arcane Blitz damage bonus is now 40% per stack (was 50%).
      • Arcane Blitz cast time now increased by 0.5 seconds and increases by another 0.5 seconds for each bonus damage stack on the caster. The duration of the damage buff has been increased by 1 second to compensate.
      • Arcane Blitz has a new visual state effect added to make it even “louder.”
    • Xylem Encounter
      • Comet Storm now waits 3 seconds before damaging players (was 2 seconds).
    • Blood Death Knight
      • Kruul health reduced by 10%.
    • Frost Death Knight
      • Archmage Xylem’s Corrupting Shadows health reduced by 3%.
      • Archmage Xylem’s Razor Ice health reduced by 10%.
    • Havoc Demon Hunter
      • Archmage Xylem’s Arcane Barrage and Frostbolt damage reduced by 5%.
      • Archmage Xylem’s Comet Storm damage reduced by 14%.
    • Guardian Druid
      • Nether Horror health reduced by 10%.
      • Nether Horror’s Nether Storm now has movement and melee combat interrupts.
    • Protection Paladin
      • Tormenting Eye health reduced by 10%.
      • Smoldering Infernals now cast Smash every 6 seconds (was 5 seconds).
    • Holy Priest
      • Corrupted Risen Mage’s health reduced by 10%.
      • Corrupted Risen Soldier’s Knife Dance damage reduced by 10%.
    • Restoration Shaman
      • Corrupted Risen Soldier damage reduced by 10%.
      • Corrupted Risen Soldier’s Knife Dance damage reduced by 10%.
      • Corrupted Risen Mage’s damage reduced by 10%.

We’ve previously posted some of the initial adjustments that were made via hotfix, and we will continue to list every hotfix related to the above in our hotfixes update posts.

Thank you very much!

55 Likes

thanks for the updates

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Those nerfs are pretty significant. The vast majority of the playerbase will be able to complete this now.

4 Likes

Well done, but perhaps in future consider making it more frequently available.

14 Likes

Darn, Oh well.

Err Yikes.

3 Likes

Meanwhile if you did the any of them with TOG before the change it was faceroll. GG blizz

1 Like

they tested - they just thought you were better.

21 Likes

I did them back in legion. Thanks for playing. Bye.

6 Likes

they heard the players complaints and are making some changes, :+1:

3 Likes

They’ve obviously never seen me play then.

12 Likes

Meanwhile not addressing the fact that old gear with sockets is still better. Tune everything here, not just a few.

8 Likes

Not really, as while I’ll give it a go with these change I couldn’t even get through p1 because the eyes seem to be way to tanky, netherspawn had like 10% my hp and would deal as much every half second while channeling…so…we’ll see but like, if you get shaky hands or anything similar, you’ll not be able too.

It’s rather disapointing that it’s so tightly tuned with no alternate progression options to allow people with physical impairments a chance too

3 Likes

These are great changes! I love that you arent nerfing it into the ground and instead just making it a bit more fair based on the performance.

I did the mage tower as frost dk and prot paladin and I feel these changes were very warranted and exactly on the nose.

3 Likes

Any word on disc priest tuning

1 Like

I’m gonna assume you just don’t know better.

Some of these are significant, but some, like Guardian Druid, do not address the actual issues in the fight.

There’s also zero changes for Survival, which is arguably one of the hardest towers now that they fixed the pet tanking thing.

4 Likes

I was doing frost mage challenge and all the enemies dissapear when the boss was at 20%, Bug or time limit? I don´t find anything on a time limit.

What they need to do is disable all trinkets and gem slots, and make a stat template for each class, then tune it around THAT.

They’ve had templates in the past, it’s mind boggling it hasn’t been done here. It puts everyone on an equal playing field.

39 Likes

I’m confused what the issue is with guardian. The only problem I thought there was, was the dps race on Kruul. Phase 1 was a joke.

7 Likes

how boring and uninspired.

1 Like