PvP on a PvP server

Exactly. Because everyone know so that being outnumbered on a PvP server sucks and that having close population numbers makes it way more fun and competitive.

But instead of acknowledging this everyone says that people are “complaining about PvP on a PvP server” which isn’t the case. They’re complaining about faction imbalance and it’s a lazy argument to ignore the factual context of that argument to troll.

2 Likes

I dont think that is the intended PVP experience, do you?

Hmm this guy is constantly outnumbered 30 to 1, Say! I will go roll on the dominating side and make it 31 to 1, cause ya know that makes it fun for every one right?

Sounds kind of dumb doesn’t it?

I dont see any of these people saying Whaaaa i dont wanna PVP!!!
They are saying Hey, we kind of cant PVP cause there arent enough of us to even get a hit in.

How’d you like to run AQ40, solo, and all the mobs are camped at the zone in, and it’s mandatory ? You can;t possibly say that sounds fun?

Not all the servers are that way, but some are, i’ve seen some of these peoples vids, i can completely understand where they are struggling to find the fun part.

It’s both in my opinion.

Yes it does. Or did you take on Mograine by yourself?

Agreed. I’ve said elsewhere here that, because groups work as force multipliers, extreme imbalances causes a compounding rather than linear effect. That’s why 60/40 feels fine even if that’s 50% more of one side, while the 80/20 on servers like Stalagg is utterly broken and unplayable. If every 50+ FP, instance, and even the harbors are camped by zergs, and the population of the opposing faction is continuing to dwindle, then the system has broken. The problem will snowball until one faction dwindles to nothing and it effectively becomes a PvE server anyway.

If a core aspect of gameplay is breaking that very same core aspect of gameplay across entire servers, then something is wrong.

Unless you’re part of the 80 which most want to be or would not be on PvP servers.
Balance is a PvP server pipe dream on the forums. In reality PvP servers want the imbalance.

Well yeah, you’re exactly right, which is why this latest round of transfers that is faction locked simply comes too late, and without any incentive for the more populated side. Stalagg was already the most imbalanced with Horde per the first census before Blizz broke it, and then even more fled.

I think the best solution is a faction queue that would maintain something like 60/40 at the most. This would enhance gameplay for both factions (unless your idea of good gameplay mechanics is one side making anything impossible for the other), and it would provide incentive for the dominant faction to actually transfer.

1 Like

At least he’s being honest about it. This is how most of them feel about it. They don’t actually like fair PvP or any level of PvP where there isnt a guarantee of them winning. They like dominating through superior numbers. So by acknowledging this we are getting to the core of the misunderstanding

Invent PVP world faction buff, useless VS NPC’s, on the underpop side.

Kicks in 1st level buff at just say for argument 65% over balance
Buff increments each 5%, by 80% imbalance, the underpops are like taking down titanium plated berserkers on P C P.

Probably not the best idea, and probably still would not balance anything, maybe the outnumbered guy takes a couple out with him though.

ok so here is my question that I’ve asked every time this is brought up.
Let’s say it’s raid night on a 80/20 faction balanced server and total server pop = number of people currently wanting to log in.
Now let’s say it forces 60/40 split, so you have a server with 1/2 of it’s total allowed population logging in as it’s 30/20 with all of one faction and less than half of the other allowed into the server currently. Now you are part of the 50% that is now late for a raid as you watch queues of multiple hours queues to get onto the server … are you ok with this ?

Oh I love fair , balanced open world PvP , that’s why I play on Normal servers.

1 Like

Those can have plenty of factionally unbalanced PVP
Difference is, you can simply turn it off if you are the outnumbered guy

is the honor distribution faction specific?

Could be that those alliance on pvp servers with 10% alliance will end up with some very high ranks.

The 50% can refill just like they always tell the outnumbered faction to. At least they have an option in the other faction as opposed to getting off the server like they tell the underpopulated faction to

1 Like

You did not answer my question, are you ok with waiting multiple hours to get on a server that is showing low population (as at 50% of total allowed population) ?

Yes. If I’m a member of a faction with an 80-20 split I would either tough out the queue or convince my guild to transfer to a server with a better server population. But I actually like fair and balanced PvP, not just winning through numbers. I wouldn’t be having fun being on the 80% faction anyways.

1 Like

Then you are the anomaly honestly. Most would not understand why they have to wait in a queue to get onto an empty server.

I’d probably make a toon on the under populated faction, no queue for me :slight_smile:
And every person that did same would result in shorter and shorter queues.

Previously I’d have disagreed with you but seeing how the community has developed after launch this is obviously true.

I base my observations on 13 yrs of forum posting (not even really playing classic or retail currently but I’m still a long time WoW player and love the game and want to see it succeed - both versions) and what I see in game when I do play.

Fair enough. So I suppose you should be making an appeal to the Alliance players that used free transfers to transfer off of Herod, to come back. Either by rerolling new characters on Herod, or having the transfers reversed.

PVP is player vs player. So, if your side is lacking players, you can RALLY MORE PLAYERS, or toughen up. There is always the option to leave.

1 Like