PvP items still gatekeeped

yea, thats why i AGREE with you they dont need the upper hand, because they are already ahead
making it harder for the ppl that is still in a position of figuring stuff out its obvious not healthy as an entrance perspective

It’s not just arena. The game in general.

I came back for classic thinking that ppl were going to be more inclusive with raiding this time around.

I was naive.

It was the same old song and dance; have to have discord, sign up for raiding in third-party sites, have certain mods, addons downloaded…

It’s just the same elitist culture that has existed since vanilla; and it permeates to all aspects of WoW, PvE or PvP.

1 Like

Cataclysm pvp system has all full set of arena gear, including T1 weapons (1800 equivalent now) available for just arena currency, no rating requirement.

The 2200 weapon, T2, and an elite set (transmog cosmetic gear) has 2200 rating requirement. 1 item, that’s it, and you can still get the normal pvp weapon.

Do not listen to a single word Wafectus says about any topic. Everything he just said about cata is incorrect. Pvp gear in cata is bis every season except for the legendary staff in the middle season, and in the last season dragonsoul has some trinkets + weps that are used because they have procs that the pvp gear doesnt, not because their stats are way better.

Cata is an xpac of pvp gear being king. Unlike wotlk, which in s8 pve gear is king. This is the last time the game is like this.

S9 especially no ones using pve gear for any class even rogues want full pvp gear. 2600xp player can listen to me or Wafectus hardstuck 1600.

2 Likes

You mean that powerful piece of weaponry that will make all the difference?

They’re going to see for themselves if they buy into your snake oil.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they decided to buff PvP gear in Cata now, just so you/they can ensure that I was wrong.

Wrong

Wrong

Very wrong. Wotlk pve gear is a HUGE part of the meta for a lot of classes you aren’t viable without them.

Legendary staff, 1 item, in s10.
Trinkets in dragonsoul and 1h weps have procs in s11. Thats 4 slots for s11. All of which can be gotten in LFR without a guild or any commitment. Or just dont grab them because you dont NEED to like you do in wotlk. A full pvp build in cata is completely viable & strong every season.

2 Likes

And yet, the “crappy” Wrathful gear remains gated behind a rating.

You want to raid? Learn to build a spec that isn’t going to have you doing so little dps that you’re essentially dead weight.

5 Likes

Guess what, you are wrong about everything regarding world of warcraft. For proof all anyone has to do is look up your character to see how terrible you’ve built yourself.

You are not informed on anything you’ve ever said on the forum, and especially this cata stuff. You are just wrong. Cata pvp gear is THE best options for every class in s9&s10 aside from legendary staff in s10. S11 has a couple items you COULD run, but its not required to be viable like it is currently in wotlk.

You are the worst player i have ever come across & ive been playing since '05.

2 Likes

L2play the game so you can get that gear.

2 Likes

Git gud dipsh!t

1 Like

You didn’t play Cata in any meaningful capacity. Your arena rating says all we nee to know about your knowledge of the game both in Wrath and in Cata. I’ll be shocked if you break 1600 in Cata at this point.

2 Likes

Working overtime trying to convince ppl to play Cata are we?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don’t care if people play it or not. I won’t be around for the first part regardless. If I do pick it up again, I’ll still know what the hell I’m doing and not build some brain-dead spec only to complain on the forums that “aReNaS r RiGgEd”.

1 Like

Ironically everything you want comes with Cata.

No arena requirements for gear. No guild or discord or anything required for LFR. You should be ecstatic :joy:

Well when the talents are forcing you down one tree, it’s kind of hard not to.

You laugh, but you haven’t even been able to hit 1700 this season, and STILL won’t admit your spec is terrible. The most impressive thing is that you’ve somehow LOST rating and are now down to 1575. That is truly impressive.

3 Likes

At least now they make the game easier for people like you who refuse to actually pick talents that are good by forcing you to play the game correctly. /shrug

3 Likes

I think ive read this entire thread and i’m still not sure whether the entire thing is troll or not.

5 Likes