PvP is on the wrong path... not sure if it can recover

The PvP scene has been dead / dying since WoD. Some would even argue since cata. The game wasnt in a better state before Solo shuffle was introduced, so saying it ruined in permanently doesnt really make sense since it was dead before Shuffle encouraged the casual player to step into some form of rated casual gameplay.

Everything about ur comment is incorrect lol

Maybe the fix is a prequal expansion that takes away everything after vanilla. TBH, I actually wish they had left some of the original class designs alone and simply made new content. Every year they say they want to simplify the game some but they just make it more and more complex. The only way to be decent at the game is to play it like a full-time job. Iā€™ve played since early 2005 and every year I find that I just go casual and skip a season or two. Who has time to grind all this stuff and master every class and their changes to be decent at PVP?

Hybrids already have to give up DPS to heal. Thereā€™s no reason so many DPS classes have almost totally passive healing thatā€™s better than that. I did a 2s match today where an arms warrior did almost 5 million healing. His healer did 7.8. Like what is this nonsense?

2 Likes

Well said, completely agree I highly doubt I finish filling my vault this week itā€™s just not fun to play right now.

1 Like

Under what circumstances? Because there are too many mobility tools for casters to ever balance this.

Say Arcane mages are able to self kite enough to be untouched 50% of the time.

What happens when you add in an evoker and a warlock? Suddenly nobody can be touched ever between gateway rescue ect ect and you just get wizards sitting in a triangle pveing anyone who would dare to play melee to death.

Itā€™s a nice sentiment but Iā€™m not sure itā€™s possible without rolling a looooooooooooooot of stuff back on both ends.

And thatā€™s probably never going to happen because of PVE purposes.

1 Like

Melee uptime is good. Melee deserve to have majority uptime

Casters also need to be able to press buttons while being trained.
Rotational dps should be able to be done no matter who is slapping you in the face.

In modern wow casting spells feels like a serious dis-advantage. Precog is a wierd solution that didnā€™t have fully positive impacts.

A lot of the casters who cast VERY minimally are the most popular/most fun for a reason.

Is casting too slow in modern pvp? Or should some rotational abilities be non-kickable? Sometimes it feels like standing still and casting on someone who has to stay in your LoS is enough of a disadvantage.

thereā€™s classic cata coming out for you I guess.

I like the immunities, mobility and counter play in retail.

Retail is fun for every class except mages into hunters, hunters into warriors, and warlock without a 2nd ranged ally into double melee.

In classic you just run out of mana, and you canā€™t get away, and thereā€™s 5 mans in full naxx gear with full engineering and rows of potions and elixers gatekeeping you from your fun.

So either way, youā€™re in a predicament.

Thatā€™s what it feels like on SVā€¦ but the opposite. 1v1, I have just enough tools to make some distance against an arms warrior. Pair them with a dk, rogue, ret, most meleeā€¦ most casters and Iā€™m not getting any distance. Maybe I can make some room from one target, but there is no way Iā€™m getting away from two.

It sucks. I donā€™t have the tool kit to stay in melee, so of course blizzard makes our 4 set all about being in melee.

This whole expansion is finished, done, over lol. And soo is the next expansion lol.

ALL resourced are working on the one after next alreadyā€¦ Most have already paid for the next expansion witch is identical to the one we are playing now.

On a good note, the dungeons and raids will be nice!

OH, and make sure you have a few classes level capped and readyā€¦ That way when it goes live and everyone starts yelling on the forums a class is broken OP, you know to grab that toon and get in there before the nerfs. GET DEM GOODIES lol!

1 Like

Every change and tuning done is a direct response to the healers arm race they have created. PvP will continue to be bad so long as healers have 2x the output in healing as damage dealers deal in damage.

The only way healers are currently balanced is through dampenming happening instantly, which is great for arena but means they are basically thanos in bgs and open world pvp which is first experience people will see PvP rather than arena.

2 Likes

Sad but yea thatā€™s where PvP has been for a while now. Everyone in standby for the next broken thing

1 Like

This is probably one of the biggest issues for me.

Seems like almost everyone has some kind of AoE built into their regular damage rotation and it makes playing a feral druid miserable. Unlike rogues, we canā€™t easily restealth and are often pulled out of stealth by people just using random AoE attacks on other players that ā€œspreadā€ to me. I can see if they were specifically looking for me or something, but randomly being uncovered is stupid game design.

1 Like

MS is becoming the standard might as well give it to all classes including healers

1 Like

How about instead of that, we remove MS from all classes except warrior and rogue and then nerf healing from players in the healing spec by -50%.

If you give MS to everyone then pretty much no one has it. I know that doesnā€™t make sense but itā€™s hard to explain

Yep yep. My single target rotation is basically the same as my aoe rotation. Iā€™m sure I could build slightly different, but most of my abilities are aoe. Itā€™s really unfortunate they have taken that direction. I used to put my ā€˜aoeā€™ abilities in those hard to reach spots on my keyboard because I rarely used them in arena. Now they are apart of my single target rotation and I honestly hate how many dps abilities I have.

Why? Feral has MS too. Your argument is incoherent at best.

And they can heal others. My ā€œhealingā€ is mostly just absorbing damage, and always only on myself.

Also not sure how much DPS a ret loses on using his instant flash of light, or a druid using instant heals. The only time they lose damage is if it costs a resource, like a WOG, or has a cast bar, like flash heal. Half of them donā€™t have either of those issues.

Ignore pain is not healing. I donā€™t know why so many people donā€™t understand that, but I guess I will keep explaining it.