PvP is a net negative to WoW's PvE

Rip observer pet.

Time and time again pvp is the source of sabotage relating to either customization or class fantasy. All because the devs can’t bother to do what is needed and actually separate pve and pvp completely.

21 Likes

Ok thanks.

9 Likes

Don’t blame PvP, you said it right there.

We don’t even receive content in PvP, we’re a non-factor. Devs don’t do stuff for us.

Their own reasoning doesn’t make sense for removing it, because hunter pets come in all kinds of crazy shapes.

Next patch brings nothing to the table for PvP, at all.

It’s all PvE.

22 Likes

PVP is not the reason observer is being removed. If it was, all hunter pets would have also been removed.

It’s just Blizzard being hilariously lazy, likely because they didn’t want to add new observer models and decided an easy way to get the heat off them was to make people blame pvpers for being stupid, while simultaneously implying everybody that plays the game is also stupid because trail and error is hard.

Don’t let Blizzard win by making you angry at PVPers instead of their own incompetence.

36 Likes

It’s patch day and PVP Content = 0 again.

10 Likes

PvPers don’t even use the observer/felhunter. They either sac their pet as destro or aff or use felguard as demo. The devs reasoning is just a scapegoat because they know people will easily believe it and be angry at PvPers instead of them.

21 Likes

not much else needs to be said. we already know.

3 Likes

PvE is a net negative to WoW’s PvP.
Always has been, but its been especially bad in the last few expansions. Glad to see PvP finally getting some love, even if its just pve table scraps.

But glossing over the fact that you’re dumb and blaming pvp as a whole for something thats really not even related to it, yes, less customization is bad.

4 Likes

People didn’t use or care about the Observer to begin with. Any serious complaints about its removal are people being angry because they wanted something to be angry about and don’t really have to do with the observer at all.

2 Likes

I have a hard time believing anyone actually cares about the observer pet thing, and will promptly forget about this, I suppose you could call it an “issue”, after the patch drops.

If only it was the pet thing.

:100:

FFXIV keeps their PvE n PvP separate and the game is far better for it.

5 Likes

No pvpers are calling for remover of observer. Blame bad devs, not a branch of the game.

13 Likes

Bingo. /10char

2 Likes

Yea, PvP is really the cause of any problem wow has

Some of us absolutely did. But the issue was never PvP. It’s just a poor Blizz excuse for being too lazy to update it.

False. Moving on.

And yet some of us did. Amazing how there are different people out there. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Exactly this. If they were really worried about visual queues in pvp they would do something to differentiate power word barrier in arenas. Is that a friendly power word barrier or enemy one? Better know what the tooltip icon looks like and see who has it.

It’s the same lame reason that there’s no archaeology profession.

Blizzard: “we don’t think that archaeology is fun or engaging like we want it to be so we omitted it from this expansion’s release”.

More likely they didn’t have time to even make the same archaeology for DF that exists in previous expansions. There’s no real reason to omit archaeology as it was, especially given how much archaeology there is in this expansion.

Otherwise why do we still have the same fishing profession? Does that mean fishing is perfectly fun and engaging from blizzard’s perspective? More likely it’s fishing took no effort and tuskar rep would be odd without it.

Same with why dracthyr don’t have actual armor models like pretty much everyone else. Blizzard would have to go through every model in the game to make sure it fit onto a totally new character model that has wings.

There’s an argument to me made that while DF does so much right, the cost is at a lower quality than what previous expansions provided for certain game systems.

5 Likes

Meanwhile, we’re looking around going “Oh yeah… that demon. Huh. Ok.”

There are like 5 people still pvp’ing… I don’t think pvp has the pull over devs you think it has lol

Hmm. Ok, I guess I can see this, especially after the comment they made about PvPers not knowing how to find a vendor.