"PVP happening on a PVP server"

Listen, I’m not complaining about corpse running to a zone. Kromkrush was horde-favored pre-phase 2. There was a lot of PVP going on, I participated on my main. It was fun, even though it was unbalanced. I did a lot of corpse-running from 30-60 on my main. However, since the release of phase 2 - thousands of horde players came out the woodwork making entire zones unplayable, locking down 50-60 zones which leads to a lockdown of raid content. Literal raid groups chasing down and camping level 50s right off the flight path…

I don’t know what you are trying to accomplish telling people “you rolled on a PVP server this is normal” because it’s 100% not normal, you are playing a horde majority server, you would never understand what it’s like to log in to WoW with limited play time only to spend 85% of that time as a ghost. Please stop trolling until you have actually “experienced” what we are experiencing.

And yet there are you playing, playing what is the “PvP server experience” that everyone talks about. Yes you spend a lot of time dead but you are still in that zone and still playing. The zones are not unplayable and on servers that would match your preferred play stayle (Normal servers) they are even playable by your definition. Don’t like unbalanced, no rules, open world PvP then you should not be on a PvP server.

1 Like

Its 100% normal for a time in a game on a pvp server when there is no instanced pvp combat.

I played on Frostmourne HORDE for years. Its about a 20-1 faction imbalance.

After Dec 10th and ther bg’s release, the world will normalize and it will go back to

I don’t understand what you are trying to accomplish here…
First of all, the ZONE Searing Gorge is UNPLAYABLE. Same with Burning Steppes, WPL, EPL, Un’goro, Winterspring, Felwood. There are roaming raids of geared 60s patrolling as you can see in my video.

I was not PLAYING in the zone, I was simply running as a ghost to get to BRD where I can actually PLAY the game, not as a ghost. We are not talking about a 5v3, a 3v2, 2v1… We are talking about 20 60s vs 1 level 50. That’s not what “PVP” should be like, but it is 90% of the time on our server.

Once again, what do you horde players on horde majority servers wish to accomplish by telling people to go to a PVE server? If you weren’t such bad PVPers you would be pushing for blizzard to help with faction balancing. instead of downplaying the bad experience that other people are having.

Right and you are playing by engaging in PvP with them (they may insta kill you but you are still engaging in PvP with them), you chose to be flagged at all times, this is the experience you wanted.

Oh I agree that is why I don’t play on PvP servers. that is what PvP is on those servers.

We are simply stating that you should have rolled on a pve server if you didnt expect this, because a pve server gives you the option to flag for pvp or not.

That is what wpvp WAS like before the introduction of instanced battle grounds.

There is nothing stopping you from taking 500 players with you to clear a path to BRM, by killing and camping anything and everything along the way. Maybe you should be posting on your realm forum - https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/kromcrush - and organising players to retake the zones.

Can you two just stop? Nothing either of you are saying is a valid counterargument to the point I’m trying to make. I’m going to lay it out for you both one last time before I simply stop replying to your trolling.

I chose to play on a server when I am flagged at all times, this is NOT the experience me nor any of the other alliance players “wanted”. PVP was not like this in Vanilla, my guildies and other players posting on the forums can affirm to that. I know this i true, why? Because Vanilla servers held a FRACTION of the population that Classic currently has on each server.

There are more people playing on a LOW pop classic server than a High pop server in Vanilla ever had. The simple fact that we are this outnumbered means that your “solution” of gathering 500 players to clear a path to BRM is simply NOT possible. Even if we did bring 500, the horde would just come back with 2000.

but it is what you chose ,what you wanted was not what you chose, you chose this experience.

Before the servers went live , with the announcement of classic and the higher populatoin caps this was talked about ad nauseum on the forums, you should have known this was coming.

1 Like

Ignorance is not a valid argument.

What exactly did you want and expect from being able to be killed at any time without any provication? PvP server.

Did you expect enemy factions to simply ignore one another unless they were actively involved in a battle? PvE server.

People are not upset about PvP happening, they are upset about a population issue that is impeding gameplay to the point of absurdity.

Blizzard is letting underwhelmed factions xfer off, creating bigger deficits and overall generally worse balance. They refused to make more servers at the start despite many people clamoring for them incessantly. We have not seen any new servers since October. On top of this they remove layering, despite there already being rampant overpopulation and faction imbalance. They have all the power to do something about this, yet they are choosing not to.

I don’t blame the players, despite many of them being willfully ignorant of this issue, and I don’t think most people do either. Did people truly know how bad the imbalance was before layering dropped? No, they didn’t, because Blizzard also refuses to release any statistical data.

3 Likes

PVP is happening on a pvp server

who would have thought.

You thought you wanted to play on a PvP server, but you clearly don’t.

This exact thing has happened on countless Pservers and we had plenty of threads on the forums warming people to powerlevel to 60 if they were on a PvP server. Endless camping at every FP, GY, and dungeon entrance is what you’re signing up for when you’re on a PvP server.

Thanks tips
All of your recommendations are being camped by 20-40 horde players

Anymore helpful tips or are you going to stop talking about things you know nothing about yet?

It is the internet, I’m expecting more super helpful advice

120 night elf demon hunter

I’ve played wow open beta, vanilla and tbc exclusively on pvp servers
I’ve played 4 other mmos exclusively on pvp servers

Tell me again what I want and how my expectations were unrealistic?

In earnest, what I didn’t expect was to join a pvp server where one faction wanted to pvp and the other faction wanted to sit in IF selling enchants and lockpicks.

You’re going exactly where they are expecting you…hence in a pvp environment you have to think of different tactics.

This is not a series of videos of 30 minutes of people crying about world pvp on pvp server, this is what you should be doing. Of course if your point was just to complain then you couldnt come to the forums and whine about the fact that you signed up for world pvp, and then got pvp

1 Like

Because, surprise surprise. WoW is not other mmos. If you signed up for World PVP on a pvp server, then you get exactly what you signed up for.

Seriously i think this was a trick question.

And blizzard has never guaranteed for balanced factions, ever. This has been a fact for 15 years.

why do you guys respond so poorly to suggestions to play on a pve server? you can flag and unflag yourself whenever you want on a pve server. wow pvp has never and will never be fair. horde knew this was going to happen and not enough people rolled alliance on pvp servers. the best thing you could do is reroll pve. this isn’t going to change. but ofc you guys would probably rather quit playing completely than roll on the server type you actually wanted.

Why do you want the players to contribute to the death of a game rather than push Blizzard to implement fixes which will make the game more fun for players of both factions? That’s the real question I want to ask…

1 Like