Pt 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxp_QCjlWqc

Pt 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ6IhihigeQ

Game is fine!! Nothing wrong here xD

22 Likes

Whew, what a relief.

9 Likes

you’re worth honor up to 10kills, not 5.

Thought those horde are morons for FP camping without sapping/sheeping you for 30 seconds first, so that you’re worth any honor

Haha excellent game play.

2 Likes

BTW, before some Orc with a single digit IQ comes in and comments “You can leave the zone” This is happening in EVERY zone. Blasted Lands, Burning Steppes, WPL, EPL, Felwood, Winterspring, Tanaris, Un’goro… Expect to die in less than 60 seconds after getting off the flightpath.

I don’t know how any player can justify this. This is a lockdown on ALL content 50-60, including raids. How am I supposed to hit 60, get attuned to MC/Onyxia (which requires questing in Burning Steppes + reaching BRD multiple times)? Players who have not hit 60 yet are essentially locked out from accessing all 50-60 content… Inb4 “You had plenty of time to hit lvl 60…”

31 Likes

I rerolled at level 50 because I realized that the game is unplayable on pvp server if I only play for a hour or two each night. Corpse runs are just giant time sinks.

10 Likes

My friend, at this point it is not about the honor anymore. It’s about dominant faction players going out of their way to grief other players. They don’t care if I was level 50 or level 10. They will kill you just because, and then spam things like " Go to retail" or “YOUR MALTING”. These people 100% understand that behind this red nameplate is another human being trying to enjoy the game, and they are getting enjoyment out of the simple fact that they have the power to make your in game life hell.

Obviously, I’m not asking Blizzard to send a SWAT team to these griefer’s homes to put these sociopaths in a mental hospital. I’m asking for help so that people can actually play the game. Anything that can help with faction balance.

13 Likes

Took ppl 10+ years to realize this is what pvp servers are like? I dont feel any pity for anyone rolling on a pvp server. How couldnt anyone not seen this coming? Ppl really think it was going to be slow levelers rolling on pvp servers?

16 Likes

I just played this game 7 years ago for a single month. I’m not a world of warcraft historian that knows what the game was like.

3 Likes

You dont need to be its common sense. I mean come on its a pvp server.

2 Likes

Will admit I did not give the OP views on his whining videos but I’m assuming it’s videos of PvP on PvP servers based on title.
1 , 20, 2000 other players vs you they are still players and it’s still PvP . sorry but this is the play style you chose when you created your character.

3 Likes

And this is where you lose me…

I’m sympathetic to the lack of fair/balanced wpvp at 60 because blizzard completely (predictably) failed to even attempt to address faction balance concerns going into classic, because wpvp is fundementally broken as a result. It’s not even fun for Horde right now, and we’re the ones “winning”.

That being said, the two factions are more or less at war on a pvp realm and should always be going out of their way to murder one another in wpvp. God knows I’ve died enough on any and all of my alts to every degenerate Alliance who outlevels me by enough to not gain any honor that happens by. The difference between us, is that I respond to such offenses by just returning the favor tenfold. The “unfairness” of the high level ganking the low level ironically is one of the things that helps best inspire the faction hostility/rivalry.

I don’t consider such “unfair” attacks a problem with the system, but rather an important feature and function of the pvp system at large.

It is however, a fundamentally different problem than the faction imbalances we are currently seeing in wpvp. The system only “works” when the two factions are relatively balanced against one another, rather than one side being largely (or in some servers’ cases: Totally) dominant. An unfair encounter is significantly different than an unfair system. A lowbie getting trucked by a 60 is decidedly the former, while the current faction imbalances are decidedly the latter.

3 Likes

Ive only ever played on pvp servers and never had to deal with anything like this, that includes vanilla private servers. If I wasn’t 60 and was trying to level right now I probably would just quit.

9 Likes

Or roll on a pve server like most ppl should have to begin with.

3 Likes

Did you see that?! Dude I was blown away by the massive show of skill by that shammy and lock, that alliance scrub needs to pick up their game, they’re just embarrassing us with their less than optimal plays, clearly they had a chance to beat them there.

6 Likes

I enjoy the occasional world pvp and the paranoia when leveling in places like stv, but this is just unplayable for a lot of people. You cant say its common sense or we should have seen it coming since its never been this bad before.

7 Likes

Having played on a moderately alliance favored realm in vanilla, and having the misfortune of hitting 48 right as the honor patch launched, I can with utmost certainty state that this is EXACTLY what I remember it being like back then as well. Anyone worth honor is going to get farmed into the dirt by roving gangs of 60s.

The one difference between then and now, is that the two factions where relatively evenly populated, which prevented one faction from completely controlling much of the world at once, without the other faction being able to push back, as we are currently seeing…

I’m currently on whitemane, and it’s mostly horde dominated, but there are pockets of alliance resistance. Horde typically owns BRM, while alliance seemingly likes trying to camp less obvious places like Feralas, the path into Searing Gorge from Bandlads, and Azshara on the way to the hydraxian NPC.

The alliance largely can’t compete overall, and it is a problem but they do still have some “territory”.

1 Like

Actually, you’re wrong here, 10 kills was the original honor system, we have the altered 1.12 version in which it is a 25% DR per kill on honor, so after 4 kills, they’re worth 0 honor.

8 Likes

Interesting… Is that just for WPVP, or does that also apply to BGs? Only 4x kills/day is awfully low for bg spam.

Now this is a very smart man right here. Unlike a lot of people wasting their time complaining, he found a solution to his problems and took action. Amazing how so many people fail at doing that. Hats off to you, sir!

4 Likes