"PVP happening on a PVP server"

my toons are already on rp/pve realms. i knew what would happen if i rolled pvp as i am a slow leveler. if you weren’t 60 on every toon you want at cap on your pvp server by the time P2 came out this was going to happen.

and btw the game will survive even without pvp servers. just look at retail. millions of people play even though most alliance choose to not do wpvp.

looks fine to me.

On another note, after watching that video, it reminded me that typing:

/console ffxdeath 0

Is the best thing that ever happened. Careful though, friend of mine was getting killed so often he said he got a little mixed up when he was alive and dead.

For context, typing that removes the white ghostly death effects on screen and instead turns it to normal colors, however you (and others you’ll probably see) have a blue ghostly aura around them.

If you mind control a player to attack civilian you get the dishonor kill.

Unless you stop MC and they kill the civilian

Hi Drosul,

If your the Drosul I remember who played on Stonemaul back in Vanilla…

This is Illuminate; glad to see you’re still around.
Even if you’re still a filthy Warlock.

Assuming your the Warlock I remember from Stonemaul (and not someone else).

Stonemaul may have been slightly Alliance favored, but Horde actually had a pretty strong presence on Stonemaul during Vanilla. Unknown Entity was the PvE Raid guild on the server for the latter half of the game (a Horde raid guild).

The Classic Servers are vastly different than the Vanilla ones in that the populations on the servers are inherently MUCH larger. You really can’t compare the Vanilla experience to what present day ‘Classic’ is like.

There are so many more players that ‘PvP happened on a PvP server’ doesn’t even begin to cover it.

Blizzard did an amazingly poor job at launch. As usual. For a company who’s been doing this for 12-15 years, they’re still abysmal at it.

They vastly underestimated what the demand for Classic content would be, then reactively opened up additional servers in response to a high-demand. Even that process was executed poorly, with them opening up too many servers too slowly, and then failing to merge servers appropriately in the aftermath of launch.

They could be working on adjusting the faction discrepancies even now, but they don’t. There are multiple options for doing so…including realm merges and allowing faction transfers to underpopulated factions.

When you have 60/40 Faction Ration, that’s not what I’d call healthy.

It’s playable under duress…but not healthy. Once you’re up around 70/30 or 80/20 it’s just a pointless exercise on PvP servers.

Coming from a ex-Horde player of nearly 12 years; the attitude of most Horde is embarrassing and pathetic.

Why would any faction (Horde or Alliance) want their competition to stop PvP’ing and ‘give up’, if the goal of being on a PvP server is to have opponents to play against?

1 Like

the horde has won good job horde they are about to quit.

You can leave the zone. Also, you had plenty of time to hit 60. Get gud.

1 Like

You are showing clips that might as well be from vanilla.

This is the thing you need to realize:

You think you do, but don’t

^ That applies to you.

You think you want to play on a PvP server, you don’t.
You think you want to play Classic, you might not, but best way for you to find out is roll on a PvE server.

4 Likes

Truth is man, most of the alliance are just this way and that makes the faction imbalance that does indeed exist much much worse.

As a result these guys sitting around in IF will never get good and continue to get rolled in PVP.

Not everyone played vanilla, and many people that did said it wasn’t like this.

Dude go back on EU forums where you play.

i play on incendius…derp.

lol, it is almost like you guys have never played wpvp in this game before.

Simple, go back in time and roll on a pve server. Anyone who played on a pvp server vanilla or BC should have anticipated this.

Glad to see that you’re still around as well, you should have come Whitemane Horde =)

Our guild is a combination of FA / UE / Deja Vu regulars all from back then… A-team and Fallen are also present on Whitemane (Alliance and interestingly enough as Horde, respectively)

And yeah, Blizzard rather predictably botched the launch and took the lazy way out by not even attempting to take the steps to address faction imbalances. Worse yet, when they did open transfers off overpopulated realms like Whitemane to ease logon queus, they allowed BOTH factions off, and seemingly increased already present faction disparities, as it appears that the majority of the people jumping ship ended up being alliance.

They’ll once again band aid over the problem with Xrealm bgs (which imo I was entirely against), but they’ve learned nothing from the past 13ish years on live where Xrealm BGs have only further and further encouraged faction stacking single realms. A shame really, since, as I’ve said in other posts, the current system isn’t very fun for the weaker faction, OR the dominant one… I don’t even bother swapping off my Rogue’s PvE spec now when I want to pvp, since every WPvP fight involves multiple horde curbstomping some rando alliance into the ground or raid vs raid fights.

bgs are not gonna help, what do you think the horde is gonna do while waiting for the 2 hr ques times?

1 Like